Academy U18s Squad

Stimacked

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of the 10 players given professional contracts this season, could you rank them in most talented/most likely to do well/more likely to get into the first team?

GO!

Sure.

I just really hope that the plans go ahead for the U21s to train on a separate day and have say Crosby just focusing on them as their development will be crucial for who makes it.Talent is only 50% the rest it made up of hard work and dedication.

Also if we get Category 1 status we are eligible to play in the Next Gen series which I doubt we would take up at this stage but still a fantastic experience for the youngsters to gain experience.

Top 4 in no particular order.

Josh Lelan-Strong tackler but for a centre quick across the ground-Rio Ferdinand type

Dylan Hayes-Mentioned it before. Really impressed with his level of consistency always 8/10 likes to overlap aswell.Brayford type

Rhys Sharpe-He's a good all round footballer can pass,tackle,shoot and has pace. James Milner type (Hard worker)

Adam Wixsted-Skilful and good crosser of the ball. Only downfall is inconsistent at taking full backs on. Damien duff type.

Dales and Etheridge have improved a lot and if they continue to grow they could be good players to have around.

Sam Berry can be a top player if he recovers well from his injury current Ireland u19s.

Jamie Hanson will continue his development and give experience to the u18s only 17 though.

Dawkins and Wassall are good squad players.

First of all DcfcNews12, thanks for all the info and insights. With regards to Sam Berry, he's been on loan at Mickleover Sports, not sure how long for, but he played the last few games of the season for them. Therefore I'm assuming  he's overcome any injury. Maybe anyone on here who watches Mickleover can tell us if he shows any promise.

Rhys sharpe went aswell didn't.I meant in more terms of showing previous form like people question about barker

Not sure I'd class Sharpe as a Milner type myself, he's good though. And Berry looks alright, though I suspect Lelan is infront of him in the pecking order by a fair bit (having said that I haven't seen Berry play for the best part of 6 months so no idea how he has come on since then).

Mentioning no names I know one of the U16's is supposedly off to AC Milan for a trial, I presume Charles Vernam might have had something to do with that?

The youth structure is very promising. Are you getting to many games, Stimacked?

Hi, I'm new to this forum. This is a little video I made.

From looking at that video and others on your channel it's obvious that the copyright people will come and find you. All you have done is downloaded videos from the FA's Youtube channel and slapped your name at the bottom trying to claim copyright yourself. I'd be careful if I were you, I've read of many occasions online where some teen has been fined thousands of pounds for copyright reasons.

Not sure I'd class Sharpe as a Milner type myself, he's good though. And Berry looks alright, though I suspect Lelan is infront of him in the pecking order by a fair bit (having said that I haven't seen Berry play for the best part of 6 months so no idea how he has come on since then).

Mentioning no names I know one of the U16's is supposedly off to AC Milan for a trial, I presume Charles Vernam might have had something to do with that?

The youth structure is very promising. Are you getting to many games, Stimacked?

Charles Verham went with an soccer school called Soccer4success to train in Italy and use AC Milan facilities. There have been 2/3 kids from u15s down that have gone out to Italy to learn the way they play the game there using Napoli's training centre not Ac Milan this is for education not trials. Its like when managers and coaches go to the nou camp to learn such as recently lee Clarke going.

Its a scheme that the English Fa want to do so we can get more English players moving abroad like other countries

News Update

U18s going abroad for pre season. Germany I have been told.

Development Squad are training separately and will come back later.

Derby are setting up a soccer school in Africa more charity based but still could be youth recruitment. Place I do not know.

Derby are thinking about employing a head coach for the Development squad to make it separate from the first team. They would look to target a young coach/retired player.

u16s are training when they come back at the national centre and hope to hold trials there aswell for maybe the next Josh lelan.

Lastly the Wolves youth who I talk about previously looks more likely to join in January like Jack tuite did as his mum is waiting to get job before they come.

Cheers.

Archived