Academy U18s Squad

Stimacked

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A young German Goalkeeper signed with us recently on a Scholarship. Looks very promising maybe the scouting system is expanding.

He previously on the books of Bayern Munich as a 10 year old then moved onto Numberg and in the last year been apart of an English academy called Edukick that offers young foreign players the chance to play in England.

Picture of him and Interview after signing below.

Eric-Behrens-01

Just to let everyone know if they want any news on the U16s/u18s then just ask.

Offrande Zanzala is really promising very very similar player to the likes of Zaha and Bolasie loves to take people on and is quick.For those who cant attend to watch the u16s heres a video of him scoring a goal sorry about the commentary its foreign tv that showed the u16s in Austria

if people want I can give my review of the season coming up for the u18s,the players that are good and players we have recently given trials too.

Yes please

Review Firstly

Firstly I would like to say that now a lot of you have heard and maybe seen we have a number of really good talents this year again you might be checking on their results. But if the results don't go our way in terms of the u18 league games and FA youth cup don't

assume its because they are rubbish. Personally I think they will do well.But this season that just ended we had 10 of the starting 11  either late 17's or 18 so the older end of the age limit that with FA youth cup and the Massive improvement in some of the players was why we had 10 Deals been given out. So this year a lot of the players will be first year scholars and will have the security of 2 years unlike the boys this term who had the end of the season to be able to stay on. I think a highlight for me was the FA youth cup

I think that exposure on tv and the number of fantastic fans that turned up showed that we are big club but most importantly a family who care about our youth as much as the first team. To loose to Chelsea 2-1 isn't a bad thing they have easily the best youth team in the country I have seen a number of teams this year the likes of Liverpool on their channel and the amount of Pace they have in every position is frightening. But to think if we beat them we would have been on ITV shows how far we got.

Another highlight for me is Jamie Hanson a player who was originally a centre midfielder but due to the injury of Sam Berry was asked to fill in.Touted as the English "David Luiz" by some but because of his height he like Bucko is aggressive in his tackles.

He will most likely be Captain next season for the u18s or Digby.

Lastly before I move onto the new team. I just like to say Kwame Thomas will be a beast he is quick but gives it 150% by running all game that he almost has nothing left come the last 20 minutes but with his body developing and the possibility of a full pre-season with the first team will become bigger and stronger. He has one of the best leaps I have seen at that level. Plays like Lukaku and Benteke.My favourite player though was Dylan Hayes the right back a lot more similar to Brayford than Freeman is.Quick and great interplay with the right midfielder always has great positioning and is a regular Ireland youth international.

More to follow

That is great, many thanks.

The youth teams are stronger than they have ever been (imo) - and this is definitely the way forward for the club.

Would be great to see Derby emulate Crewe, and play an 'academy' starting XI in the first team one day  ;)

Thanks for the info DCFCNews12 - good clips too. It's like Barca's La Masia - makes you proud!

That Zanzala chap does look very tricky. Will be interesting if Hanson can get any more first team squad appearances this season.

Sometimes it's too easy to say spend a million or two on player X, when if you invest enough in an academy like this, you really can reap the benefits down the line. Obviously we all ideally want major investment in both!

If Nigel is ever deemed no longer suitable for the manager job, make him director of academy!

I'm so pleased that you all appreciated it.I spend a lot of time at Moor farm due to knowing someone who has worked for the club for a long time :ph34r:.But most of my work is detective work and its great that my time isn't being wasted. As stated I will do a post on the current players now should take 5 mins.Cheers Guys/Gals

I'm so pleased that you all appreciated it.I spend a lot of time at Moor farm due to knowing someone who has worked for the club for a long time :ph34r:.But most of my work is detective work and its great that my time isn't being wasted. As stated I will do a post on the current players now should take 5 mins.Cheers Guys/Gals

Are you relation to Gordon or just friends? ;)

The Lambs coming through.

If anyone has a chance to come down or watch the short clip on Late kick off with Forest's Ginger Lady then you will see. Its not so much a Academy but more a Football education centre. The Facilities are second to none but the coaching is unbelievable. If anyone watches The Footballers football show on Sky sports there was an episode on Grass roots football and how they are changing the way kids play football and making pitches smaller. But Nigel did this a year ago I watched the u10s and they basically play Futsal its amazing how much better technically it makes them as it forces them to improve their decision making in a short time period.

I must say Nigel is a very nice guy and is so humble. He allowed me to join in with the training one time as they needed numbers as one of the lads pulled up. I was expecting just to pass the ball about but there's a real Competitive streak and a willingness win.

Tackles flying. But afterwards the togetherness all the lads from u16s and below come together.

Lastly one refreshing aspect is for once we have a couple of talents in the academy who support Derby. I feel we have had local lads before and currently(Hughes) but never that player Gerrard,terry,Neville.I always the closest we got is Bucko and his family is forest fans. Just to let you know I rate Bucko but I am not saying he's Gerard.

A lot to say and still haven't talk about the new team sorry.

The Lambs coming through.

If anyone has a chance to come down or watch the short clip on Late kick off with Forest's Ginger Lady then you will see. Its not so much a Academy but more a Football education centre. The Facilities are second to none but the coaching is unbelievable. If anyone watches The Footballers football show on Sky sports there was an episode on Grass roots football and how they are changing the way kids play football and making pitches smaller. But Nigel did this a year ago I watched the u10s and they basically play Futsal its amazing how much better technically it makes them as it forces them to improve their decision making in a short time period.

I must say Nigel is a very nice guy and is so humble. He allowed me to join in with the training one time as they needed numbers as one of the lads pulled up. I was expecting just to pass the ball about but there's a real Competitive streak and a willingness win.

Tackles flying. But afterwards the togetherness all the lads from u16s and below come together.

Lastly one refreshing aspect is for once we have a couple of talents in the academy who support Derby. I feel we have had local lads before and currently(Hughes) but never that player Gerrard,terry,Neville.I always the closest we got is Bucko and his family is forest fans. Just to let you know I rate Bucko but I am not saying he's Gerard.

A lot to say and still haven't talk about the new team sorry.

Who would you say from the current under 18 / under 16 lot will go the furthest in football then and play at the highest level?

I must say Nigel is a very nice guy and is so humble.

This is the real Nigel - just because he comes across in a certain way in some interviews, people make judgments. Whilst I can understand some people prefer a different presentation style, surely the most important thing is how he runs the club internally. To me, he cares about this club more than any other manager could but of course, results will be the ultimate deciding factor.

Archived