Academy U18s Squad

Stimacked

There's a pun in that and a wealth of comic material. I think I'll take a day off next week to have a good think about it.

Fine anagram materian too.

Tans by anorak.

No bank astray

Knob Ray, satan

Yanks ran boats

Any boar stank

Ask brat, annoy.

And the one you've all been waiting for....

Yanks torn, baa!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have information given to me by a trusted person but they said that Nigel changes who he wants out of the possible targets every week when he finds out different things about them Potential wage and fee etc.So its only about 75% accurate.

Any news on a Centre back as of yet?

Matty Fryatt will be the perfect acopliment to Sammon. He loves a lay off and to run at players. I think this would be better than having Vaughan.

Fryatt's got a good record everywhere he's been at, and at a team such as ourselves that create numerous chances, he is capable of getting 20 goals.

Wallsall - 1 goal every 2.6 games (equivalent of 17.7 goals in the championship over 46 games)

Leicester - 1 goal every 3.04 games (equivalent of 15 goals in the championship over 46 games)

Hull - 1 goal every 2.88 games (equivalent to 16 goals in the championship over 46 games) 

In the 2011/2012 season he did play 46 games for Hull, and did score 16 goals so I'd say that's a pretty fair reflection.

Would be nice if one of our striker could score 15+ goals.

Any news on a Centre back as of yet?

Matty Fryatt will be the perfect acopliment to Sammon. He loves a lay off and to run at players. I think this would be better than having Vaughan.

Unfortunately Baptiste looks unlikely.Theres talk of a loan until Christmas no names mentioned yet or Worst case scenario Bucko and Keogh remain together and Val for cover who with Grant in goal now could do better same with OB.

The striker we are looking for is for someone who just literally stands up top. We currently have Martin who drops deep. Ward who

comes out wide and Sammon who takes a defender with him into the corners leaving gaps in the box where a Bryson or Hendrick

runs into. But really a out and out striker should be already in that area not relying on a midfielder to run half the pitch.

Clough see's ward as a Left winger and wants to use Coutts in the middle.

Left Midfield-Ward and Jacobs(A lot more rotation so no one is back up)

Centre Mid-Hughes,Hendrick,Bryson and Coutts(Players will be swapped round)

Right Midfield-Davies,? and ?

? and ?= Judge and Taylor

Cheers just seen it.Taylor was more for development squad due to age.So its either burke or maybe a surprise signing. The club are still looking at SPl and lower leagues though.

Taylor wouldn't settle for a development side. Had a top season in league one and if a move did materialize it would be for first team football. 

Taylor wouldn't settle for a development side. Had a top season in league one and if a move did materialize it would be for first team football. 

I think he would be offered a similar role to that of Jacobs.Ocassional starter but mainly impact sub

Who players support is largely irrelevent. Its a job to them at the end of the day. Especially youth team players. They will no doubt change their allegiencies when they sign for clubs professionally.

Careful not to mention names of players on here who are still at school! Best to just describe them, Also don't give too much info on players under 16, especially not naming the best prospects, some may not yet have signed up to long contracts with the Academy. Never know who is watching the thread!! Players at younger ages are still more at risk of being snapped up by other Higher Ranked Prem Academies.

Our Academy will be on the Rich Prem Club hitlist no doubt! We had a dutch born lad we looked to have recruited from Luton, who we were set to sign for last season's Under 18s and he had been playing with the Under 16s the season before. He ended up getting a scholarship with Man U. Pinched from under our noses.

Sounds like good progress is being made at the Academy though. The emergence of Hughes into a first team player this season and our growing reputation as "A club which is willing to give youth players a chance" is likely to be proving helpful in our youth player recruitment.

The stability we have had at the Academy for the last 4 years is paying big dividends. This is the first team we have had stabilty at Youth coaching level since the days of John Peacock.During the Jim Smith era, Peacock was Academy Director at Derby County where he helped develop numerous youngsters into first team players. On leaving to join The FA in 2002, Derby had 14 youth internationals and three Under-21 internationals.http://www.thefa.com/England/All-Teams/Staff/john-peacock

Constant change of Managers does no good at any clubs Academy. Thats what we faced Year on year before Clough's reign. All the changes at Forest for example has left their Academy coaching set up in more of a mess than it used to be, thats for sure. They still have a good Academy Under 18s squad, despite all the instability and changes in their coaching staff, but we have a system for developing local talented youth football players which is going into its 5th year. Stabilty helps our position and reputation.

Who players support is largely irrelevent. Its a job to them at the end of the day. Especially youth team players. They will no doubt change their allegiencies when they sign for clubs professionally.

Careful not to mention names of players on here who are still at school! Best to just describe them, Also don't give too much info on players under 16, especially not naming the best prospects, some may not yet have signed up to long contracts with the Academy. Never know who is watching the thread!! Players at younger ages are still more at risk of being snapped up by other Higher Ranked Prem Academies.

Our Academy will be on the Rich Prem Club hitlist no doubt! We had a dutch born lad we looked to have recruited from Luton, who we were set to sign for last season's Under 18s and he had been playing with the Under 16s the season before. He ended up getting a scholarship with Man U. Pinched from under our noses.

Sounds like good progress is being made at the Academy though. The emergence of Hughes into a first team player this season and our growing reputation as "A club which is willing to give youth players a chance" is likely to be proving helpful in our youth player recruitment.

The stability we have had at the Academy for the last 4 years is paying big dividends. This is the first team we have had stabilty at Youth coaching level since the days of John Peacock.During the Jim Smith era, Peacock was Academy Director at Derby County where he helped develop numerous youngsters into first team players. On leaving to join The FA in 2002, Derby had 14 youth internationals and three Under-21 internationals.http://www.thefa.com/England/All-Teams/Staff/john-peacock

Constant change of Managers does no good at any clubs Academy. Thats what we faced Year on year before Clough's reign. All the changes at Forest for example has left their Academy coaching set up in more of a mess than it used to be, thats for sure. They still have a good Academy Under 18s squad, despite all the instability and changes in their coaching staff, but we have a system for developing local talented youth football players which is going into its 5th year. Stabilty helps our position and reputation.

Fantastic Post. I totally agree I am looking to share information with players who have contracts and Scholarships. The u16s results are not even allowed to be made public so its quite strict. I wont mention names if a player in the u16s below is attracting attention or doing well. I will just say there position and what they have done whether its scored a lot of goals or moved up in teams. thats why I waited before the end of the season after some of there u16s got their scholarships before making my posts.

We do have a lot of interest in our players though I must say and we have quite a number of England youth internationals so clubs will always be looking at who's next in line. Its the same with Crewe last season it was Nick Powell this season Luke Murphy.

As long as we can get the players in the mindset that this is the best place for them then we can reject all enquiries and therefore only sell for silly money interms of youth players.Tbf Sam rush has made sure that we give contracts to our very good players as young as 14.Example Bennett and Lowe 

Archived