Where do we go from here

Hans

Nigel said he wants us to reach 70 points next season, not specifically saying play offs, but today 70 points would have given us a play off spot.

So where to we go from here, its evident the squad needs vast improvement in a number of key areas, particularly in the striker department. Us reaching the play offs depends on a few things

If the board decide to go for targets which will genuinely improve and strength the squad

Our ability to keep our team core, (Ward, Bryson, Brayford, Hughes, Keogh.)

AWAY FORM- 7 points this season away is awful

Nigel's tactics

Nigel's formation

Injuries- this is unforessable.

Conceding less silly goals, and losing to silly teams, this ear I'm thinking Peterborough, Blackburn etc.

Its evident Nigel is staying so this is his first truely make or break season in 2013/14, and here's hoping this time next year we make the top 6.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can hardly bear what has happened to Derby, harder still is the fact the board are happy to watch us slide further into obscurity. Mid table/lower table season in and season out. I don't believe even with a transfer kitty Nigel is up to it !

we don't seem to be able to get good loans in either !!

I can hardly bear what has happened to Derby, harder still is the fact the board are happy to watch us slide further into obscurity. Mid table/lower table season in and season out. I don't believe even with a transfer kitty Nigel is up to it !

You just worry about Bournemouth next season when the mighty Rams come to town!

SillyBilly

Time to see how the events of this season are spun, given we've finished higher than last campaign but with fewer points. I can see a tedious exchange of progress vs stagnation this close season.

The amalgamation of 4 teams with 61 points doesn't really give much kudos of a top 10 finish for me, but as a strong advocate of the league table after 46 games, goal difference or not, I have to maintain final league position is ulitmately deserved, whatever the margin.

Either way, football in general, as well as Derby, has pretty much bored me this season, in all honesty I've took no interest in the final third of our season. Derby County as a hobby comes and goes for me, always has done. Sure I'll take in a game or two next year with the lads as one-offs though, already looking forward to that.

Nigel said he wants us to reach 70 points next season, not specifically saying play offs, but today 70 points would have given us a play off spot.

So where to we go from here, its evident the squad needs vast improvement in a number of key areas, particularly in the striker department. Us reaching the play offs depends on a few things

If the board decide to go for targets which will genuinely improve and strength the squad

Our ability to keep our team core, (Ward, Bryson, Brayford, Hughes, Keogh.)

AWAY FORM- 7 points this season away is awful

Nigel's tactics

Nigel's formation

Injuries- this is unforessable.

Conceding less silly goals, and losing to silly teams, this ear I'm thinking Peterborough, Blackburn etc.

Its evident Nigel is staying so this is his first truely make or break season in 2013/14, and here's hoping this time next year we make the top 6.

Where are you getting 7 points away from? We got 18 points away from home. Still **** but not 7.

Where we go from here is a slightly larger group with more experience and quality, more points and higher up the table. Where else?

I put 7 but I meant 18?????

Anyway. Strengthening in the summer is vital, it will see how serious we are and of sam rush spouts ****. Also keeping our better players is crucial. Nigel also needs to be a bit less inept tactically, and a bit more adventurous away.

If we bring the players in that have been talked about (along with hopefully a few surprises), I think we can only go up.

Not necessarily up as in promotion, but top 8 at a minimum and I truly believe that.

I put 7 but I meant 18?????

Anyway. Strengthening in the summer is vital, it will see how serious we are and of sam rush spouts ****. Also keeping our better players is crucial. Nigel also needs to be a bit less inept tactically, and a bit more adventurous away.

Hmmph, everyone knows that there is a 1 and an 8 in 18 and obviously 8-1 = 7.

Elementary my dear Watson!!

:rolleyes: 

We will never know until he gets one

I had a theory. The owners have had Clough on probation - see how he manages up to the end of the 2012-13 season, then chuck lorryloads of cash at him to get the team he really wants.

Unfortunately, the theory is almost certainly ********: I had the same one last year and I don't think the owners have any intention of giving any manager loads of money to spend, even one more competent than Clough.

I am bored to tears by Derby County under Nigel Clough. I've got no interest in who he may / may not sign in the summer because I don't have any faith in his judgement about anything, be it new players, formation, tactics whatever.  I don't believe he has the ability to make us a force in this division let alone get us promoted. He (along with this board) has made me lose faith in the club in a way no other Rams manager has in 33 years of following them. I hope next season is his last in charge because I honestly can't see anything changing for the better until he has gone.

I am bored to tears by Derby County under Nigel Clough. I've got no interest in who he may / may not sign in the summer because I don't have any faith in his judgement about anything, be it new players, formation, tactics whatever.  I don't believe he has the ability to make us a force in this division let alone get us promoted. He (along with this board) has made me lose faith in the club in a way no other Rams manager has in 33 years of following them. I hope next season is his last in charge because I honestly can't see anything changing for the better until he has gone.

I'm sorry you feel that way. We're all different I suppose. I must be more of an avid fan than some.

I've been a Rams fan for over 50 years, So, I've pretty much seen it all. I don't think this era is as bad as some of the previous times. I want us to do well whenever we play and I'd love to see Nigel Clough take us back to the Premiership. I'm also realistic and don't expect that to happen unless adequate funds are made available.

I don't think too many managers would do any better than Clough under these present circumstances. Over the years he has  been here, I've read posts from people wanting Warnock, Ferguson, Jackett, Hill and others. I'm more than happy to keep Clough if they are the options. In reality, those kind of managers are the options. We can't afford expensive players and it would be the same for management.

So, I look forward to better times like everyone else and hope that some of this season's mistakes are not repeated. I also look forward to the emergence of our younger players and hope that we can keep all of our best players. If we can, it sends out a message that we're taking it seriously. If not, then we're looking at 8th to 12th again.

I differ from others because I see what has happened to Wolves, Portsmouth, Coventry and others. I think it's healthy to look around at times to give some perspective. It's not that long ago that we were on the edge. Things could have turned out to be a whole lot worse.

Top six, we will be up there this time next season.

The quality in this league is poorer than first imagined , look at the Hull side.

Simpson, Brady, Koren,Boyd, Mcshane...

Nothing to write home about, if we brought in two or three quality players and Hughes/Hendrick/Bennett continue to improve we are a a sure bet for the play offs.

Archived