Where do we go from here

Hans

Board out then?

I like how no one from Clough's arselickers can answer me to this question.

All i can read is "wasn't given money", "slash the wage bill", "no money" bla bla bla.

So is it time for Board to go? 

You ruin your argument by calling anyone who dunna agree with you "Clough's arselickers". Why are you right and others wrong? Are you such an expert? No. your just a bloke with an opinion like me.

The board? time to go and hope for a Thai or Kuwaiti billionaire like the Gumps or Lessta? Suppose so, but really, deep down, nah! 

I'm old and have seen us be the best team in the country so its ok for me to not want an asian owner of my football club with no real love for us. If we can't have a Lionel Pickering then I'd prefer a sensible owner trying to run the club on a solid basis.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get how people can be bored...

I rarely go to away games, so don't really see that side of it... but in terms of games I've seen this season - this ranks up there as one of the most exciting seasons I have seen as a Derby fan.

I mean, this season we've been more likely to beat a team by 3 goals than a 1 goal margin (at home) is watching a young energetic derby team tear teams apart boring.. I just don't get it personally, I think Clough has got it spot on.. and is on the right tracks. 

I watch a lot of other championship games, and the team that has impressed me the most is Derby. I just think inconsistent, naive away from home.. inexperienced.. yes, but boring.. you're just making **** up. 

You ruin your argument by calling anyone who dunna agree with you "Clough's arselickers". Why are you right and others wrong? Are you such an expert? No. your just a bloke with an opinion like me.

The board? time to go and hope for a Thai or Kuwaiti billionaire like the Gumps or Lessta? Suppose so, but really, deep down, nah! 

I'm old and have seen us be the best team in the country so its ok for me to not want an asian owner of my football club with no real love for us. If we can't have a Lionel Pickering then I'd prefer a sensible owner trying to run the club on a solid basis.

Fair play, uttox, but maybe people should stop using "lack of money" argument as the only reason of Clough's inability to deliver better results? 

So we have a sensible owner trying to run the club on a solid basis but we have manager who can't do better (according to people on here) in current circumstances. He needs more more money to waste. So maybe we should try another manager? 

Fair play, uttox, but maybe people should stop using "lack of money" argument as the only reason of Clough's inability to deliver better results? 

So we have a sensible owner trying to run the club on a solid basis but we have manager who can't do better (according to people on here) in current circumstances. He needs more more money to waste. So maybe we should try another manager? 

This has been gone over so many times but plenty of people think Clough has bought well , especially considering he's been shopping at the difficult end of the market (players out of contract, players who have fallen out with managers, from relegated teams, modest fee & wages ............)

Even Conor Sammon, his most debateable buy has plenty of people in the game saying good things about him, the team's scored 14 more goals this season & I reckon we could sell now for not far off what we payed - even if it was over a million.

If he has a good goalscoring season like his last at Killie then he'd be worth much more.

Derby's home record is actually better than Watford and Brighton whom finished 3rd and 4th in the league respectively so anyone with a season ticket can't really grumble about getting value for money, it's our away record which is dragging everything down

Derby's home record is actually better than Watford and Brighton whom finished 3rd and 4th in the league respectively so anyone with a season ticket can't really grumble about getting value for money, it's our away record which is dragging everything down

The last time we had a really good away record (actually it was a fantastic away record) was BD's promotion season - a defence built around the brick outhouse that was Big Dave. There's your answer - full stop. 

This season, we scored 3 goals more than we did in 2006-7 - but conceded 16 more than during the playoff season. 

We need to stop saying we don't fear anyone then playing like we do. Case in point before Palace away. Then proceeds to change the team which had been winning, including the formation. And we play flat, and predictably get battered.

The last time we had a really good away record (actually it was a fantastic away record) was BD's promotion season - a defence built around the brick outhouse that was Big Dave. There's your answer - full stop. 

This season, we scored 3 goals more than we did in 2006-7 - but conceded 16 more than during the playoff season. 

Hope you're not suggesting we get Big Dave back in again

My dad told me,and he knows people in the know that Stimac was there with investors who are interested in the club and he will manage Derby as well as Croatia, doubt it though.

If we ever cleared Clough out what about Curbishley?

My dad told me,and he knows people in the know that Stimac was there with investors who are interested in the club and he will manage Derby as well as Croatia, doubt it though.

!

Manage tow sides, there's a lot of bosses who can't even manage one effectively, no names mentioned :) And Curbishley is still happy playing at golf all day and appearing on Sky Sports

I think you'll find plenty who would grumble if we won every game.

Clough out, Board out, Grant out, the next two incoming signings out, everyone who can stand to hear the word "Clough" out.

Everyone else in and I hope you have a really lovely Summer B)

Archived