Gordon Guthrie minute applause on 82nd minute

therams69

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guthrie is notorious for his fitness levels and was often found running up and down the steps of the terraces whilst the team trained. He out-sprinted EVERY opposition physio when there was a clash of heads and both went on the pitch.

One of my favourite things and something that makes me smile is the thought of GG sprinting onto the pitch at the Baseball Ground to the 'whoaaaa' of the crowd as he was racing the opp physio.

I did try and orchestrate some sort of fan appreciation of GG a few years back, but sadly there isn't enough coverage in these forums to do it.

Sadly, I'm on a golf and poker today tomorrow in Staffs so won't be at the match, I'm annoyed now. I feel I have genuine feelings for Gordon Guthrie as a Derby man. He's such a gentleman too.

He was quality, a real winger, head and shoulders anything we have got at the club at the moment....was going to get a call up into the Scotland squad when they had a half decent national side then Pat van den Hauwe took his legs off in a match and he was injured for about 4 months the dirty so and so

He was quality, a real winger, head and shoulders anything we have got at the club at the moment....was going to get a call up into the Scotland squad when they had a half decent national side then Pat van den Hauwe took his legs off in a match and he was injured for about 4 months the dirty so and so

that could be the picture above, it looks like its an away match as he's got light coloured shorts on. Maybe the yellow away kit?

It looks like it...it was against Spurs at White Hart Lane I seem to remember, van den Hauwe went right through the back of him, totally unnecessary, think the phrase then was the defender letting you know they are there....never forgave van den Hauwe as always thought he had a dirty streak in him when he was at Everton and robbed Ted of the chance to play for Scotland

Archived