Sam Rush really does want us to go up (or does he?)

Hans

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the feeling, from the way Rush has chosen his words, that there will be a shake-up in the management/coaching staff.

Well you never know Mostyn.

That chap Dean Saunders, the one with a 20% win rate in the championship with Donny, the one who took Wolves down winning 5 out of 19? The one who you think will be a top manager one day, he'll be available soon. Maybe we'll get him?

Thats unfair Dean Saunders is a Rams legend and he left Donny in great shape they are promoted to NPC.    Wolves if they go down will not be all his fault.  

I'm not doubting his legendary Rams status Curtains. I loved Saunders the player. The point was made to try to get to the bottom of why Mostyn thinks Saunders the manager is great but Clough the manager is a duffer.

As a championship manager he took Donny down in bottom despite Portsmouth losing 10 points.  He took them down with a win rate of 20%

As a championship manager he took over at Wolves with 19 games to go and 57 points to play for. of course it's not all his fault, the club is a shambles. He only won 5 games  though (26%.)

Brayford was started at Centre Mid - but it's unlikely that Rush would have been able to guess that beforehand from looking at a team sheet, unless he'd already got wind of it from Clough.

But then his job is NOT to pick the team.

Given our abysmal away record this season, Clough couldn't win really. He tried something different and it failed.

Rush seems okay, hopefully he can play a part in convincing quality players to join Derby, he's certainly got a keen insight into transfer deals etc.

I think he's done well putting himself on the line at fans forums etc. even if he's never really given too much away.

I hope that he sees where we're trying to go and compliments to good work already going on, he seems pretty open about the kind of players we're trying to buy and hopefully he can ensure that the likes of Brayford et al sign new deals with the club. It seems to me that the players have a good idea of the kind of players we're looking to sign and hopefully that will convince the likes of Brayford to stay on for a promotion push (wouldn't blame him if he went though, top lad)

There does seem to be a good level of positivity coming out of the club about the summer, with a strong emphasis on bringing in proven experienced players. The proof of the pudding as they say will be in the eating but I doubt Rush or Nigel would be the sort of guys to say so much about the transfer activity if we weren't going to strengthen significantly.

I also think it's highly unlikely Nigel will go in the summer, it seems he's going to be given a shot at it, and rightly so in my opinion. Who knows what the relationship with Nigel is like but hopefully they compliment each other.

I'm not doubting his legendary Rams status Curtains. I loved Saunders the player. The point was made to try to get to the bottom of why Mostyn thinks Saunders the manager is great but Clough the manager is a duffer.

As a championship manager he took Donny down in bottom despite Portsmouth losing 10 points.  He took them down with a win rate of 20%

As a championship manager he took over at Wolves with 19 games to go and 57 points to play for. of course it's not all his fault, the club is a shambles. He only won 5 games  though (26%.)

WHERE did I say Saunders is a great manager? You're one of those who needs to learn to read properly. I don't know my exact quote, but it was along the lines of "I think Saunders will be a great manager", emphasis on the words "will be".

Interesting you quote his stats at Wolves this year, I wonder how his stats compare against Clough's in 2013. Given that Saunders inherited a team in turmoil, and Clough created a team in turmoil.

Archived