Sam Rush really does want us to go up (or does he?)

Hans

WHERE did I say Saunders is a great manager? You're one of those who needs to learn to read properly. I don't know my exact quote, but it was along the lines of "I think Saunders will be a great manager", emphasis on the words "will be".

Interesting you quote his stats at Wolves this year, I wonder how his stats compare against Clough's in 2013. Given that Saunders inherited a team in turmoil, and Clough created a team in turmoil.

You're totally missing the point Mostyn. Or as per you're twisiting it to suit.

I don't understand how you or others as DERBY COUNTY FANS go out of your way to praise people who have nowt to do with the club but constantly slate those who do.

If you think Saunders is going to be great manager then again I'm pleased we don't agree too often. Your judgement on what's good and what isn't is very strange to say the least.

Clough created a team in turmoil? There you go again with your hatred of Clough and his forest/derby days clouding any sensible debate.

By the way when Deano took over at Wolves they were in 18th. 6 points clear of the bottom three, not quite as in turmoil as they are now.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSE are putting their money where their mouthes are to the tune of £7million this year and the same again last year to cover our operating losses. I susepct it would be in Rush's interest to get us promoted to the Premiership as he probably has some kind of bonus clause written into his contract if he had any sense.

GSE are putting their money where their mouthes are to the tune of £7million this year and the same again last year to cover our operating losses. I susepct it would be in Rush's interest to get us promoted to the Premiership as he probably has some kind of bonus clause written into his contract if he had any sense.

Wouldn't have take the job at 'a club in turmoil' if he did :rolleyes:

WHERE did I say Saunders is a great manager? You're one of those who needs to learn to read properly. I don't know my exact quote, but it was along the lines of "I think Saunders will be a great manager", emphasis on the words "will be".

Interesting you quote his stats at Wolves this year, I wonder how his stats compare against Clough's in 2013. Given that Saunders inherited a team in turmoil, and Clough created a team in turmoil.

Wolves were 7 points from relegation after Saunders' first game. Go steady on the turmoil thing.

You're totally missing the point Mostyn. Or as per you're twisiting it to suit.

I don't understand how you or others as DERBY COUNTY FANS go out of your way to praise people who have nowt to do with the club but constantly slate those who do.

If you think Saunders is going to be great manager then again I'm pleased we don't agree too often. Your judgement on what's good and what isn't is very strange to say the least.

Clough created a team in turmoil? There you go again with your hatred of Clough and his forest/derby days clouding any sensible debate.

By the way when Deano took over at Wolves they were in 18th. 6 points clear of the bottom three, not quite as in turmoil as they are now.

I'm twisting anything. THAT comment was made in a thread about Wolves, ON-TOPIC, I didn't go out of my way to praise anyone, I was partaking in a internet-based debate where people express their opinions.

I have no desire to have my judgement/opinion matching anyone or everyone else. It'd be a boring world if that happened!!!!!!

I asked you to compare the points total Derby got under a fifth year manager during the same period as Saunders in his few months. The turmoil refers to the winless run that we endured in January, February and March. That was not 'inherited' turmoil.

I don't care what Saunders has or hasn't yet managed in his short period in charge. In the same way Clough (and any other manager) is allowed time to impress themselves on the club. I don't blame Jewell for getting us relegated from the Premier League, cos he inherited turmoil. Once Jewell had done his scattergun recruitment drive, then he was fair game for judgement.

I cannot understand why you're so pleased we don't share an opinion, yet so wound up we disagree at the same time! lolz!

Wolves were 7 points from relegation after Saunders' first game. Go steady on the turmoil thing.

and? I may be wrong, but Derby weren't bottom of the Premier League when Jewell took over, or at least they were probably level with Fulham, doesn't mean the club wasn't in turmoil.

and? I may be wrong, but Derby weren't bottom of the Premier League when Jewell took over, or at least they were probably level with Fulham, doesn't mean the club wasn't in turmoil.

Are you writing off Jewell's year in charge then? It seems to be the case seeing as though you said that Clough 'created a club in turmoil'.

Are you writing off Jewell's year in charge then? It seems to be the case seeing as though you said that Clough 'created a club in turmoil'.

IN context Eddie.

I was implying that Clough's point total in 2013 compared to Dean Saunders at Wolves is not that brilliant, yet Saunders team of 2013 was inherited, whereas Clough's was of his own making....

Who said we were in turmoil? We were drifting along. From a business perspective, however, we really were in turmoil and we're not now.

Saunders hasn't had to cut an enormous wage bill down to size since joining Wolves. He's had the task of keeping a team of players who were in the Premiership the year before afloat, with a 7 point cushion.

Ultimately, he's failed big time.

Re Clough's stats - Derby are 13th, Wolves are relegated. It's probably the only one that matters.

heard a few things, the main one being at the Brighton away game when Sam received the team sheet looked at it, ripped it up and stormed out of the hospitality 

That would seem a highly unprofessional and childish thing to do, if true, would it not?

So I'm going to have to doubt that story, I think.

heard a few things, the main one being at the Brighton away game when Sam received the team sheet looked at it, ripped it up and stormed out of the hospitality 

On a forum of many stupid things, that's got to be the most stupid thing I've read.

Anyway, back on topic for the thread, it doesn't really matter what Sam Rush thinks, it's what the owners who hold the purse strings think that matters.

I'm sure Tom Glick wanted excited signings, went to them with Nigel's suggestions and they decided whether to sanction them. I assume he didn't say to them 'please don't give Nigel loads of cash to spend'.

What Sam Rush is saying is no different to what Tom Glick said every year. He can't really say anything else, can he?

I'm sure he means it, but ultimately it's not up to him.

I'll believe any of it when I actually see it.

On a forum of many stupid things, that's got to be the most stupid thing I've read.

Anyway, back on topic for the thread, it doesn't really matter what Sam Rush thinks, it's what the owners who hold the purse strings think that matters.

I'm sure Tom Glick wanted excited signings, went to them with Nigel's suggestions and they decided whether to sanction them. I assume he didn't say to them 'please don't give Nigel loads of cash to spend'.

What Sam Rush is saying is no different to what Tom Glick said every year. He can't really say anything else, can he?

I'm sure he means it, but ultimately it's not up to him.

I'll believe any of it when I actually see it.

Do you really think that Sam Rush would not possess the remit to dismiss the manager? Providing it fell in line with whatever budget is given to Rush, he will definitely be allowed to make commercial and strategic business decisions. Not saying he will .... 

That would seem a highly unprofessional and childish thing to do, if true, would it not?

So I'm going to have to doubt that story, I think.

not really bothered to be honest, he had no reason to lie about it and I was merely passing it on, not fussed if you don't believe it but it did happen.

theres other things too, but i'll keep them to myself seeing as it'll all end in arguments 

not really bothered to be honest, he had no reason to lie about it and I was merely passing it on, not fussed if you don't believe it but it did happen.

theres other things too, but i'll keep them to myself seeing as it'll all end in arguments 

He probably looked at it, shoved it in his pocket and went for a pee, ripping it up and storming out in a hospitality suite is unlikely to say the least, people with no reason to lie have been known to exaggerate.

He probably looked at it, shoved it in his pocket and went for a pee, ripping it up and storming out in a hospitality suite is unlikely to say the least, people with no reason to lie have been known to exaggerate.

true, theres a few things that may come to fruition soon hes told me. think this will be a big summer for Derby

Can someone please explain to me what would have made Sam Rush rip up the team sheet after viewing it and storm out of the hospitality tent? The fact that he wasn't playing? Or his choice for first goalscorer at Ladbrokes was on the bench?

It was the time when the coaching staff consistently kept playing 451 away from home. 

We thought that it would change and we would have a go at Brighton however everyone was amazed to find Brayford playing in CM and Sammon up front on his own, we were absolutely useless that game. Sam probably knew we were going to be rubbish with the team selection and ripped it up??

It was after we had put in an excellent team performance at home to Middlesborough (3-1) and nobody knew why we had gone for the Bray in midfield. At least they admitted it was a mistake and we have never seen it again. 

Archived