It's all gone quiet...

ReluctantRam

After all the shenanigans about 'are we safe?' etc... we're 11th with positive GD and have two games we're up for winning well. 

Isn't that something to be happy about? Are you all down Seymours getting ratted?

Post when we're losing? You only post when we're losing....

:-)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all the shenanigans about 'are we safe?' etc... we're 11th with positive GD and have two games we're up for winning well. 

Isn't that something to be happy about? Are you all down Seymours getting ratted?

Steady son you're getting overexited.What is your point?

Missing the point by a county mile, my friend. 

It's not about who beat who and when. It's about where we are now.

All the talk here recently was impending doom and gloom. Too many miss the context of a league tighter than a nun's wotsit.

And on the day when we're mathmatically sound, no-one seems to care.

If we'd lost the last two, we'd be in the ****. 

Instead, we took 4 points which was probably an honest expectation.

We're in, we're going to finish a couple of wins shy of the  playoffs.

Where's the love? Where's the belief? 

Why is everyone here great at negativity and crap puns but shirks from saying we were good when we really were good?

Missing the point by a county mile, my friend. 

It's not about who beat who and when. It's about where we are now.

All the talk here recently was impending doom and gloom. Too many miss the context of a league tighter than a nun's wotsit.

And on the day when we're mathmatically sound, no-one seems to care.

If we'd lost the last two, we'd be in the ****. 

Instead, we took 4 points which was probably an honest expectation.

We're in, we're going to finish a couple of wins shy of the  playoffs.

Where's the love? Where's the belief? 

Why is everyone here great at negativity and crap puns but shirks from saying we were good when we really were good?

Of course we care, today was a good performance and a good win. But if people who have been voicing their concern about whats been going on this season start saying how everything is great after a win, then its called being fickle. If you can genuinlly say your happy with this season then fair enough. Many are not

I don't care who the opposition are, where they are placed in the division and what their recent form is. All I care about is picking up the 3 points on offer, 3 points is 3 points. It doesn't vary on league position so league position shouldn't be the talking point. Take each game, one game at a time, there's no point looking at should'ves or could'ves.

Absolutely delighted we won today, yes a little wobbly at times but that'll happen in a match. The 3 points today makes the league table pretty reading tonight. 4 points more and I'll be extremely pleased. :)

It's that everyone wants to pull poor performance to pieces. But when we get the win that secures our place in a massively unpredictable Championship, it all goes quiet.

I'm not the only one who feels positive? Surely!?

its cos there is only about ten people who post all sorts of rubbish as soon as we lose but got nowt to say when we win. troydyer is my current fave.

It's that everyone wants to pull poor performance to pieces. But when we get the win that secures our place in a massively unpredictable Championship,  it all goes quiet.

I'm not the only one who feels positive? Surely!?

Speaking for myself, I'm posting as often as I would at the end of a defeat. Though I know what you're saying. It's people like Troy that only post when we lose. There are a few of them, and they do it passionately and it gets a response, thus the forum is busy. Others just cba posting when we win because there aren't any arguments to be had...

It annoys the hell out of me but with some people mid-table mediocrity isn't interesting enough to discuss, hence you get people making threads like 'player of the season so far' and todays 'so we survive another but it could have been so much more'. All these premature threads made to conquer the lack of activity on the forum. Give us a good run of games and a promotion push with wins every week, and the forum would be as busy as a run of defeats.

Speaking for myself, I'm posting as often as I would at the end of a defeat. Though I know what you're saying. It's people like Troy that only post when we lose. There are a few of them, and they do it passionately and it gets a response, thus the forum is busy. Others just cba posting when we win because there aren't any arguments to be had...

It annoys the hell out of me but with some people mid-table mediocrity isn't interesting enough to discuss, hence you get people making threads like 'player of the season so far' and todays 'so we survive another but it could have been so much more'. All these premature threads made to conquer the lack of activity on the forum. Give us a good run of games and a promotion push with wins every week, and the forum would be as busy as a run of defeats.

Most of the 'negative' posts after we lose are primarily just anti-clough posts without any analysis about the actual match. The posters would be just laughed at in real life, but on here they become very annoying. After a while you get to know whose opinions are worth reading and whose are a waste of time.

Honestly, no, I'm not happy. I'm relieved that we've stuttered over the line and we won't suffer the ignominy of League One football next season. But I'm not happy, no. It's certainly no cause for celebration when our Championship status should never have come into question in the first place.

Yes, we might be 11th but as mentioned, the league is tight and it's still mathematically possible for us to finish as high as 8th or as low as 20th, which would give the season an entirely different feel.

On balance, I think finishing in the top half would flatter us and paper over the cracks somewhat. But again, who knows what might happen in the next two games.

Today's win was a welcome, much-needed result. But it doesn't change the way I feel. There are fundamental problems at the club that need addressing. I look to the summer with interest.

Yes Derby won, and they are now safe. Someone mentioned doom and gloom, and its my opinion that as long as Clough is in charge of the team there will always be doom and gloom and no progression.The man is a tool and the players deserve better than what they get.

Hi Davey

I appreciate that this might come across as the pedantic, late night ramblings of an old fart but I genuinely wonder why, as a Derby fan, you have to resort to the personal abuse of our manager?

I happen to disagree with you. I think that there has been positive progression under Nigel. Not quick enough or good enough for some on here and there are those that disagree with me and agree with you on that point. Fair enough - different views is part of football and fan forums.

But Nigel is clearly not a 'tool' as you describe him. He is patently a decent guy with the best interests not only of our team and club at heart but also those of the fans and the local community. Whether he is the best we can do professionally is a reasonable debate; whether he makes mistakes or not, well which of us don't in our working lives? But to describe what all the evidence suggests is a decent, hardworking, committed bloke working in sometimes difficult circumstances a 'tool', goes, in my view, beyond fair comment.

And in case you wonder, no I don't know him and have never met him.

Best wishes

Ilkleyram

PS 'we' not 'they' are now safe

Personally absolutely ecstatic after today's result! After travelling back from Barnsley in the week after that shower my feelings couldn't be more different.

Delighted that we have secured NPC for another year.

Well taken goal by Martin but still don't rate him. Welcome back Will

Night Rams Fans

A Pixxed. DR xx

I know I haven't been around for the long haul with Derby, or hell even around for the entire Clough era.  But we are massively improved over last year even if our place in the end isn't going to be any different.  In my observations, organizations that actually end up firing a guy that's accomplished what Clough has accomplished usually end up in a far worse place soon after because of their own misplaced hubris.

The funniest part is that the only question about our survival has arisen not out of us being poor (as we've been far from it), but rather, that the league this season has been absolutely bizarre. We've been safe for a while, and we never entered the relegation battle (unless you consider every team after 8th in the relegation battle over the last few months), but the fact that the bottom half of the table became so congested left us in this odd position.

The simple facts are that this season we could well end up back on 64 points as we had last season, but more importantly, so long as we don't lose both remaining games we will have lost less, we have scored more and with some key resignings and a key signing or two could well see ourselves get that extra 10 points or so that could see us up around the playoffs.

Very odd Championship season this year though.

Archived