money

joespencer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is this - NATQWAATTBITHTWGADA (national ask the questions we've asked a thousand times before in the hope that we get a different answer) day?

I'll give the fashionable answer now so we can put this thread to bed.

We need a new manager because Clough is rubbish, we need more foreigners, we need to sell Connor Sammon who is the worst atrocity we have ever witnessed, we need new owners who aren't Yanks who will spend money, ambition ambition ambition, why should I renew, lets boo the crap players, a bit more ambition and Mason Bennett.

how much money do you think derby will need to get promoted to the prem and what changes will have to be made such as new owners?

Fielding

Brayford Keogh Buxton NEW LB

Coutts Hughes Hendrick Ward

Sammon Martin

That will likely be next seasons team but will it get promotion?

I think we would need a better commanding CB which would put you back a similar fee to shackell/keogh

A new left back could vary but they are quite rare so I would say 500k

And of course we need a 2 million pound striker that can score goals! 

So you are looking at around 3-4 million for a playoff standard side. 

This board could probably give that money but they wont so new owners hmmm.... i dont think new owners would make much of a difference to be honest. I think new owners would not have an immediate impact. Unless they are like the forest owners, who own the whole of kuwait etc. 

A new CB, someone to replace Coutts and a striker. No matter who we got in we would never get automatic promotion. 

So, no matter which players in the world we signed, we would never get automatic promotion? Wow, that's some heavy pessimism.

£2,850, 467 (Net)

Income £500k from selling/releasing Robinson, Bailey, Tyson, Davies, Roberts, Doyle, Deeney, O'Connor and Naylor 

Outgoings Trotter £1.5m, Shane Ferguson £1m, Martin Free, Waghorn Free, Kilgallon Free, Chelsea youth winger Loan, (£150 fees per free, £100k fee per transfer/loan), plus £450 season ticket cost refund to Mostyn, £7 in stamps to the other miserable gits giving them a warning   

So, no matter which players in the world we signed, we would never get automatic promotion? Wow, that's some heavy pessimism.

I think what he is trying to say is we can't go up unless we sell Sammon.

That's how I read it anyway.

Well you perhaps shouldn't have taken it so literally. In the context of we are Derby County, playing in the championship with a limited transfer budget and wage packet. 

Well you perhaps shouldn't have taken it so literally. In the context of we are Derby County, playing in the championship with a limited transfer budget and wage packet. 

Ah, as the thread is about the amount it would take to get us promoted, I thought you meant any amount of money wouldn't get us promoted. A reasonable assumption from your comments I think.

Income £500k from selling/releasing Robinson, Bailey, Tyson, Davies, Roberts, Doyle, Deeney, O'Connor and Naylor

Outgoings Trotter £1.5m, Shane Ferguson £1m, Martin Free, Waghorn Free, Kilgallon Free, Chelsea youth winger Loan, (£150 fees per free, £100k fee per transfer/loan), plus £450 season ticket cost refund to Mostyn, £7 in stamps to the other miserable gits giving them a warning

'Likey'. This made me lol.

Even Gritstone's suggestions are Cloughesque - i.e Crap and would keep us solidly in midtable.

So you don't think Kilgallon, Ferguson and Waghorn aren't better than O'Connor, Roberts and Robinson?

Archived