I have failed as a father.

Boycie

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right - a plan!

He's 12. He sits with a bunch of middle aged men who probably moan if they have to stand up to let some one past? 

Not many round you sing?

Move. Move to the corner or even join Flagman and the boys - right on the back row.

Let him bang on the perspex and shout and sing, look at him with mock severity when he swears during a song. Make him promise not to tell mum that you let him swear.

Let him take a mate (even if you have to pay).

Take him a few away games - take him in pubs full of rowdy fans.

He'll be Rams for life - he'll hold his head up at school because he's "one of the boys".

Just don't blame me when he gets a banning order at 19!

that's how Leeds ram started. I can remember him talking about the DLF and me saying "really?" At school.

Just had a thought. You can have a right good football fest tomorrow. Take your lad to watch manu at dinner at the local pub. then carry on drinking until the mighty derby are on. by that time you'll be totally leathered and you won't give a **** who he supports or what derbys result is.

Well,he popped in the front room and looked at the score, it was 1-0 Leeds. And said " losing again!"

Tonight I told him the final result, followed by Manures result, followed by a rather loud and spitty Raspberry.

I looked at my old DCFC Union Jack flag on his bedroom wall, shakes my head and walked out.

I returned to fart, then shut the door behind me.

Did he not like that!

Archived