I have failed as a father.

Boycie

It saddens me to have to admit that I have failed my son.

I have known for a few years now that I have a problem with drink, swearing, and arguing in front of the children. Watching inappropriate programmes on TV before they go to bed, missing valuable hours of their childhood by sitting on this forum and other social media night after night.

Dismissing his cries for help with his homework, sending him off the school with a hedge bottom hair do because I was getting a pun into a thread.

Making him eat pot noodles and other microwave easy meals because it took up too much of my time.

Well, all the above I can live with, but tonight, tonight he said he doesn't want to support Derby anymore, but wants to support Manu.

Where did I go wrong? Should I have been there in his hours of need?

I'm just a terrible parent, with a Manu supporting son.

Please don't pity me.

But, help me.

What do I do? This isn't covered in the parenting courses that my missus has been on.

I've never been so upset.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worrying, but a strategy of carrot and stick is required I believe. Suggest a shapely young ramette is required to talk through your Son's hour of plight with him in quiet confidence. And if that doesn't work then I guess it has to be non stop Oasis covers by the Moss Side Blue Moon Revue band blasted into his bedroom at 6am.

Failing to address such an issue though. Well, Social Services are going to be interested. Thinking of you in these difficult times.

"http://i50.tinypic.com/2meu1bn" alt="2meu1bn">

"http://i49.tinypic.com/6sqm3n" alt="6sqm3n">

"http://i48.tinypic.com/50gp4z" alt="50gp4z">

Only messing mate  ;)

I remember my cousin telling Grandad the same thing but with Liverpool. He just said "alright mate" and went to matches without him, he soon got fed up and changed back when he realised that all you did was check 302 on teletext. 

To Boycie's lad - 

Boooooooooooooooooooooo...... Ssssssssssssssssssss

I have known for a few years now that I have a problem with drink, swearing, and arguing in front of the children. Watching inappropriate programmes on TV before they go to bed, missing valuable hours of their childhood by sitting on this forum and other social media night after night.

Dismissing his cries for help with his homework, sending him off the school with a hedge bottom hair do because I was getting a pun into a thread.

Making him eat pot noodles and other microwave easy meals because it took up too much of my time.

Well, all the above I can live with, but tonight, tonight he said he doesn't want to support Derby anymore, but wants to support Manu.

Please don't pity me.

But, help me.

What do I do? This isn't covered in the parenting courses that my missus has been on.

How old is he?

I didn't switch allegiances from Man U to Derby until I was 18 so I imagine there's still plenty of time left :lol:

which is why it must be done.

Not with the buckle bit, if you get whacked at speed, the spikey bit from the buckle rips your skin.

Thats cruel man.

Please don't pity me.

But, help me.

You need some parenting advice from the gritstone school of dads. I am sat in the pub with two brain washed sons who believe that one day derby will rise to the premier league win the title then go on to dominate euroupe and become a world class club. ohh the stories i've told my kids far better than tomas the tank engine.

Archived