The Blackpool (a) thread.

Badlands

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well cheesed off we didn't get tickets. But, ni mind, can't do owt about it.

....Except watch the match from the top of the Tower, cracking view from up there. Look for us if you've got a ticket, you'll be able to see me waving me scarf :D

Nope anyone can buy one....wrong for me, season ticket holders should always get priority..

It's a situation where it's never gunna please everyone.

The other side of the argument is, what if you go to all/most away games but dont have a season ticket. This was the case for me a few years ago under the old scheme where I went to a lot of away games but couldnt get a ticket for Forest away. This didnt seem fair for me as season ticket holders who barely travel away had the chance to get Forest away tickets over me who went to the majority of away games. 

Now I was probably in the minority for this situation and didnt expect to be catered for but I dont think away ticket priority should have anything to do as to whether you've got a season ticket or not.

The fairest way to do it would be on a loyalty scheme basis, based on how many away games you've attended in the past year or so. Then whoever's attended the most away games this season would get first priority for the bigger matches. As this counts for 1/2 games a season for us, I can understand why they havent bothered implementing this system. 

Just got home from Bruges an hour ago to find that this is a sell-out. Didn't have my season ticket details with me when we were away. Got the blooming Blackpool hotel booked too.

Grrr.

Just got home from Bruges an hour ago to find that this is a sell-out. Didn't have my season ticket details with me when we were away. Got the blooming Blackpool hotel booked too.

Grrr.

We have. Still going up though, might aswell

It's a situation where it's never gunna please everyone.

The other side of the argument is, what if you go to all/most away games but dont have a season ticket. This was the case for me a few years ago under the old scheme where I went to a lot of away games but couldnt get a ticket for Forest away. This didnt seem fair for me as season ticket holders who barely travel away had the chance to get Forest away tickets over me who went to the majority of away games.

Now I was probably in the minority for this situation and didnt expect to be catered for but I dont think away ticket priority should have anything to do as to whether you've got a season ticket or not.

The fairest way to do it would be on a loyalty scheme basis, based on how many away games you've attended in the past year or so. Then whoever's attended the most away games this season would get first priority for the bigger matches. As this counts for 1/2 games a season for us, I can understand why they havent bothered implementing this system.

I think it's fair to give STH first refusal but who are these members. If members without a ST get priority how can that be fair.

Grrr.

We have. Still going up though, might aswell

hey you two, I'm arranging a trip to a brewery, could you arrange the piss up for us while we're there?

hey you two, I'm arranging a trip to a brewery, could you arrange the piss up for us while we're there?

Hoi - not fair.

When we set off for Bruges the date for ticket sales for Blackpool hadn't even been released.

I think it's fair to give STH first refusal but who are these members. If members without a ST get priority how can that be fair.

Cos I just said, if I travelled to every away game but didnt go to home games, then under your scheme any old season ticket holder would have the chance to get a Blackpool ticket ahead of me. In my opinion, that isnt fair.

Cos I just said, if I travelled to every away game but didnt go to home games, then under your scheme any old season ticket holder would have the chance to get a Blackpool ticket ahead of me. In my opinion, that isnt fair.

Apart from any old season ticket holder is showing a commitment and investing into the club.

Apart from any old season ticket holder is showing a commitment and investing into the club.

So going to every away game this season isnt a commitment? Probably paying about 10 times more than what a standard season ticket holder plus 2-3 away games type person spends.

Dont understand how ticket priority for away games should be based on home game attendance. 

I realise what you're saying, but I dont think it's got any logic behind it. 

Archived