March Games

EastKentRam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barcelona were nervous. Probably haunted by last year. Certainly potential to panic with the ball 18yrds out and Robinho (?) does that with a free kick in the dying seconds?

Leave the elaborate stuff to better players. You just do a few step overs and sit back on the bench! Nob

Barcelona were nervous. Probably haunted by last year. Certainly potential to panic with the ball 18yrds out and Robinho (?) does that with a free kick in the dying seconds?

Leave the elaborate stuff to better players. You just do a few step overs and sit back on the bench! Nob

Not to forgot the two times he was well offside.

Andy Townsend got his answer now.

As good as Barcelona were, Milan were poor, they gave the ball away in the wrong areas and contributed to their downfall.

At least bris can go back to being a barca fan for the time being.

As good as Barcelona were, Milan were poor, they gave the ball away in the wrong areas and contributed to their downfall.

At least bris can go back to being a barca fan for the time being.

I thought Milan did well off the ball. Just the composure (or lack of) from Niang, Boateng and an unnatural role for Montolivio made for some **** ups in some promising build ups. El Shaawary did well.

Not to forgot the two times he was well offside.

Andy Townsend got his answer now.

I'm surprised he thought it would be a good idea to bring on a lightweight player with poor discipline and no pace into a team trying to defend with 10 men and counter at pace down the flanks.

Finally.. Barcelona play their strongest front pairing..

It's been so long since David Villa has had a crack and he just ticks them.. His movement is 100x better than Cesc's or Alexis's and you could just see how it affected Messi.. It gave him more room.

Iniesta is far better in the middle too.. Dani Alves is getting back to his best.. Jordi Alba has the pace of a speed boat..

Milan weren't that bad, but they never used the space well.. Instead of looking at what Real Madrid did and try and get 4 on 4s by using the space they tried a slow build up approach which just helped Barca.. They were camped.

I'm not delighted about the scoreline.. Even if they had won 3-1 and got knocked out at least you could see the imrovements with David Villa in the side..

Xavi and Busquets were brilliant too..

I'll be amazed if there is a winner outside Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern.. Those 3 are head and shoulders above any other side in Europe now.

And as for Messi.. Best ever.

I thought Milan did well off the ball. Just the composure (or lack of) from Niang, Boateng and an unnatural role for Montolivio made for some **** ups in some promising build ups. El Shaawary did well.

That was their biggest problem though for me, they kept giving the ball away in areas that they didn't need to, the second goal summed it up for me.

Barcelona were good to be fair, lucky but good.

I dunno, Dortmund are pretty useful, can more than match any of those 3 sides on their day. 

On their day I guess they could but they've gone massively off the boil recently.. Bayern and Schalke comfortably beat them recently..

They're having a great CL campaign, and perhaps putting all their energy into the CL they could spring a suprise but I can't see them beating any of the other 3 over 2 legs..

I guess the 1/4s will be Dortmund, Galatasary, Real Madrid, PSG, Barca, Bayern, Porto/Malaga and Juventus..

PSG and Galatasary look out of their depth compared with the rest.. I'd be amazed if one of those two made the semi final..

I'd love an all Germany/Spain semi-final.. Barca vs Dortmund and Bayern vs Real Madrid

I definitely want a German winner this season... Dortmund or Bayern get my full support! 

As bris said, watching Dortmund recently they have been stagnant - just like Barca were before tonight... It's all about on the night, and both german teams have ample quality to turn up on the night, as do Barca and Real.

Must say though at times the Barca way is boring to watch, a lot of possession between the back line and the midfield 3 who just pass it out of danger, correct way to play but as a fan it's tedious to watch, but all goals were well taken I thought Milan could of nicked it when it was 3-0 a few little panics in the box by barca but they bored Milan into submission, got them frustrated and won the game. picked the holes as and when they could.

Barca keep alot of possession in midfield but I wouldn't say it's boring.. It's a simple method of defending..

Watch any of the other big sides and they'll sit back and invite pressure before trying to counter.. I feel this is far more dangerous than what Barca do.

It would be foolish of Barca when 3-0 up and protecting a lead to try and commit men forward.. They play such a high line one ball over the top or through the middle can completely undo them..

Nuetrals just want to see goals.. When Real Madrid were pushed back and Man Utd were looking for a goal it was exciting because Man Utd had a chance to score, and Real on the break were looking for a 3rd... It was open..

But Barca won't do that.. They just won't, they can't defend crosses so why would they sit back and try and play that way.. The only way they know how to play is to keep possession in midfield.. This will obviously bore the neutral because the neutral wants to see goalmouth action from both ends.. Not one team spraying it about in the middle of the park and keeping possession to defend.

I get that.. But that's Barca's style and I love it..

Archived