March Games

EastKentRam

I'm against the away goal rule but am more against the play offs. Why should a team finishing in 6th place be deserving of a chance to play in a higher league?

Both daft rules.

Good point, but it is a main source of income from the FL, that and the Premier League. Plus it suits the TV companies to the ground which is what modern football is about, like the Champions league having 4th placed teams from the top three leagues.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm against the away goal rule but am more against the play offs. Why should a team finishing in 6th place be deserving of a chance to play in a higher league?

Both daft rules.

I can understand the playoffs given that the league is of 24 teams.. If they create a new 5th division and play with 18 teams in each below the PL, then I'm all for the straight top 3 go up and bottom 3 go down.. But with 24 you'll be in a position come February where a good 8-10 teams have nothing to play for..

As for the away goals.. Everyone knows my view on it.. It totally ruins CL specticals.. Bayern didn't need to try tonight, Barcelona produced a fabulous performance last night but one goal at the end could have ruined everything.. Teams should both go full throttle for 180 minutes plus an extra 30 if necessary and whoever scores the most goals goals through.. That should be that. None of this away goal nonsense.. Let's be honest, Arsenal were out before they even kicked off.. What a kick in the teeth that is for the fans who make the journey..

As for tonight.. Bayern were the better team.. 0-2 flattered Arsenal.. People just look at scorelines and make their own assumptions.. Truth is, Bayern had plenty of chances and dominated the game, yet Arsenal scored 2 goals from nothing basically.. If Bayern were clinical and Arsenal wasteful, the game would have finished around 5-1..

Mark Lawrenson coming out with 'Bayern look very very ordinary' is completely misleading based on the result.. I've never understood the notion that a team fully deserves the win because of the other side dominating but being wasteful infront of goal and the winning team scoring from literally their ownly meaningful attacks.. I get it if one team defends brilliantly like Milan did vs Barca at the San Siro, but not when one team misses a hatful.. Giving up chances is not good defending, regardless of whether the striker has missed or not.

So what are everones dream ties for the 1/4s.. I'm all for an all German/Spain semi final so I'd like to see these ties..

Barcelona vs PSG (Big money spenders crashing back down to earth)

Real Madrid vs Malaga (Malaga have an impressive recent record vs Real Madrid and it would make a good tie)

Bayern vs Galatasary (Drogba and Schneijder up against Bayern again)

Dortmund vs Juventus (Repeat of the 1997 final and would be 2 fantastic games)

Although I've got a hunch Barca are going to get Real Madrid in the 1/4 final..

I'd like

Dortmund v Galatasaray (would like a bit more recognition of the German game and i think Dortmund would make good Semi finalists)

Juventus v PSG (how could a huge money train lose to anybody but Barca/Real/Bayern? By losing to 'poor little' Juventus please.)

Bayern v Real Madrid (damn, gotta lose a heavyweight to get Borussia in the semi and PSG out.)

Barca v Malaga (give them easier games until they get their manager back and can show their full class)

Barca, Bayern, Real.... For the best final I hope it's two of those. Would hate PSG to make it.

Wonder if The Sun will still try to get Arsene sacked tomorrow?

Man, they played awesome stuff with Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Vieira, Ljunberg... etc. they aren't even as fluent now never mind as good. Why did he have to go crazy on athletes? They were great to watch when they had less pace and energy!

Still, not down to a shitty newspaper to sack him is it? Cnuts

Arsenal have very vaguely remind me of us these past few years, all this talk about 'potential' without it ever really coming to fruition.

Still on their day there are such a brilliant side to watch, tonight they didn't deserve anything, really struggled to hold on to the ball and desperately missed Wilshere, Rosicky and Ramsey were dire. 

Aye, shame to see fans on the continent not being passionate about cup competitions..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/13/galatasaray-fans-dig-tunnel-schalke?CMP=twt_gu

Ha! I'm hoping to get to a Besiktas soon. Before the season ends I think. To be honest it looks intimidating. The lad who's taking me says you don't get trouble. I say, booooollllooooox.

Ha! I'm hoping to get to a Besiktas soon. Before the season ends I think. To be honest it looks intimidating. The lad who's taking me says you don't get trouble. I say, booooollllooooox.

That sounds class man, is that independently organised or through a sports travel agent type thing ? 

Turkey had never really crosses my mind as somewhere to take a weekend to watch football, Germany and Sweden are the places are really fancy doing, Napoli as well.

That sounds class man, is that independently organised or through a sports travel agent type thing ? 

Turkey had never really crosses my mind as somewhere to take a weekend to watch football, Germany and Sweden are the places are really fancy doing, Napoli as well.

Yeah it's through some lad I know. The atmosphere there is supposed to be great. Must say that stand behind the goal at Dortmund looks worth a visit!

Never been to a ground abroad before. Have you?

Inter (3)3-0(3) Spurs

Kyle Walker? Adebayor?

You don't deserve to win if you're playing them every week AVB.

Really??!

How? Spurs can beat them player v player for most the squad!

Adebayor is cack though.

Yeah it's through some lad I know. The atmosphere there is supposed to be great. Must say that stand behind the goal at Dortmund looks worth a visit!

Never been to a ground abroad before. Have you?

That sounds class mate.

Nah i haven't yet, were going on a jaunt round Europe for a month in summer so hoping to catch a pre-season game or two then if possible.

Ignoring that were all turning 21 soon the plan for someones lucky birthday is a weekend in Germany hopefully taking in 2 games. My mate went to Dortmund in November, couldn't get a ticket in the terrace yet said it was still unreal, he didn't know what to watch the football or the fans haha.

That sounds class mate.

Nah i haven't yet, were going on a jaunt round Europe for a month in summer so hoping to catch a pre-season game or two then if possible.

Ignoring that were all turning 21 soon the plan for someones lucky birthday is a weekend in Germany hopefully taking in 2 games. My mate went to Dortmund in November, couldn't get a ticket in the terrace yet said it was still unreal, he didn't know what to watch the football or the fans haha.

The problem we have is once you experience Pride Park every other ground seems drab by comparison....

Archived