March Games

EastKentRam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bris,

You don't seem to understand the basics of football.

Keep it tight, contain and you will always get that chance.

You always go on about how poor it is as a tactic but it's either that or lose 5-0 by having a go.

Great tactics by the Finland manager.

And this result is going to cost me about 600 quid but hey......good on Finland.

7 Barca players you could say it was Barca v Finland, I think a point would be a good result for Barca

I blame it all on Fabregas and David Silva..

Two absoloutely pointless players to have on the pitch today..

Neither can shoot from long range, and neither are have been able to dribble the ball well today.. A complete waste of a shirt both of them..

I really don't understand what Fabregas does.. Other than getting the ball and passing it 3 yards to Iniesta.

Bris,

You don't seem to understand the basics of football.

Keep it tight, contain and you will always get that chance.

You always go on about how poor it is as a tactic but it's either that or lose 5-0 by having a go.

Great tactics by the Finland manager.

I understand the basics of football.. It isn't great tactics at all.. In fact Finland have been poor in defence..

It's the lack of creativity and the inability to shoot oin target from 20 yards out that's doing them harm..

If Spain had their scoring boots on they'd be comfortably ahead.. Mata should have started instead of Fabregas, as he's far more likely to score a goal.

The result is completely Spain's undoing rather than anything good done by Finland.. The marking for Spain's goal was shocking.

I blame it all on Fabregas and David Silva..

Two absoloutely pointless players to have on the pitch today..

Neither can shoot from long range, and neither are have been able to dribble the ball well today.. A complete waste of a shirt both of them..

I really don't understand what Fabregas does.. Other than getting the ball and passing it 3 yards to Iniesta.

It was no surprise that Barca turn over Milan without Cesc, with him they would have got knocked out.

I understand the basics of football.. It isn't great tactics at all.. In fact Finland have been poor in defence..

Stop it Bris.

They've kept the best team in the world down to 1 goal (as I write) so defensively they've been very good.

You cannot argue with stats.

It was no surprise that Barca turn over Milan without Cesc, with him they would have got knocked out.

It's not that he's gone downhill.. More the fact that he can't play further forward.. He offers nothing than your average AM can't offer.. I'd rather have Lampard as an AM than Fabregas..

He's only good at passing the ball around and keeping possession.. He's designed to be that CM that plays defensive.. But even in that role he's hardly great at tackling..

IMO he's such an overrated player and playing at Barca has made me realise this as he's miles behind Iniesta and Busquets in both positions..

Stop it Bris.

They've kept the best team in the world down to 1 goal (as I write) so defensively they've been very good.

You cannot argue with stats.

Give over.. Just because a team has only conceded 1 goal doesn't make them defensively sound..

People slated Manchester City's defending earlier i the season and they kept quite a few clean sheets..

It's not all about goals.. You can be terrible upto and still score 3 goals, or you can be poor at the back and keep a clean sheet.

Give over.. Just because a team has only conceded 1 goal doesn't make them defensively sound..

People slated Manchester City's defending earlier i the season and they kept quite a few clean sheets..

It's not all about goals.. You can be terrible upto and still score 3 goals, or you can be poor at the back and keep a clean sheet.

Stop arguing with stats Bris.

You stay unbeaten against the champions and you've done your job.

It takes two to tango. Poor attacking and good defending.

Stop arguing with stats Bris.

You stay unbeaten against the champions and you've done your job.

It takes two to tango. Poor attacking and good defending.

Coming from a guy who believes you get what you deserve in football..

I completely disagree

Poor attacking doesn't mean good defending..

It was only a few weeks ago Derby drew at Cardiff.. But they were terrible at the back.. Better finishing and it could have been 1-3 or 1-4.

Well Finland had Toivio as a centre back. As much as I have respect for Mixu Paatelainen, I can't see why he keeps picking this guy. And not that surpired it was his man who scored from the corner...

Talking about tactics... At first, it was same tactic that won Champions league to Chelsea. I guess this Finnish team had average age maybe 10 years lower than Chelsea's, though. And when Spain scored, we went back to normal 4-3-2-1 and got result for that. I'm sure it was right decision, going to Spain with too attacking tactics and you'll get routed. Well made gameplane and could have robbed all the points in the end!

ps. Our aim is Euro 2016, so this is great achievement to those youngsters.

Coming from a guy who believes you get what you deserve in football..

I completely disagree

Poor attacking doesn't mean good defending..

It was only a few weeks ago Derby drew at Cardiff.. But they were terrible at the back.. Better finishing and it could have been 1-3 or 1-4.

Occasionally you just have to give those lesser teams a boy of credit.

You failed to give Celtic any for avoiding defeat at the NouCamp and you fail to give Finland any for staying undefeated tonight.

You have to defend well to avoid defeat against the best team in the world. You simply have to.

Occasionally you just have to give those lesser teams a boy of credit.

You failed to give Celtic any for avoiding defeat at the NouCamp and you fail to give Finland any for staying undefeated tonight.

You have to defend well to avoid defeat against the best team in the world. You simply have to.

He gave credit to Milan in fairness and Celtic lost at Camp Nou. :)

Archived