March Games

EastKentRam

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably the first time in years that League 1 hasn't had a standout team..

Looking at the top it would be nice to see a few different teams go up.. The likes of Brentford, Yeovil and Swindon would be good..

With Reading getting relegated they could finally have their local derby again if Swindon go up.. Not to mention their connection with Brentford too.

Also what's happened to Tranmere?

They took 30 points from their first 12 games.. They only needed another 50 points or so from the remaining 34 games to reach the playoffs possibly the auto places.. (13th/14th place form)..

But they've blown it big time..

They've got 63 points, meaning they've taken only 33 points from the last 27 games.. That would be 18th/19th placed form..

They took 30 points from their first 12 games.. They only needed another 50 points or so from the remaining 34 games to reach the playoffs possibly the auto places.. (13th/14th place form)..

They've got 63 points, meaning they've taken only 33 points from the last 27 games.. That would be 18th/19th placed form..

The had some key loan players depart and their budget is bottom third in the league anyway.

It was a miracle they stayed near the top for so long, top half if a good achievement for them. A Ronnie Moore side is never pretty to watch, probably got found out after a few months.

Like Yeovil or Bournemouth to go up, back at uni in Bournemouth next year so good to have a local Derby game for a change. 

The bottom of League 2 is the most interesting, I like a lot of the sides down there as well. Good to see Wimbledon basically safe now. Hopefully Barnet, Plymouth and Stanley stay up. Stanley my fourth side, always rooting for them. York havent won in something stupid, apparently since Worthington came in they've just been fouling, time wasting, defending etc and have p*ssed off a lot of sides they play against.

Was at Margate v Canvey Island today, great game. Steve Tilson is manager of Canvey Island now, strange to think he was managing Southend in the Championship not too long ago. Was a 2-2 thriller, Margate 2-0 after about 20 minutes, 2-1 at half time. We got a last minute penno, looked soft but converted. They go down the other end, get an even softer penno, missed with the last kick of the game. Absolutely frozen but good game, up the Gate!

It was a miracle they stayed near the top for so long, top half if a good achievement for them. A Ronnie Moore side is never pretty to watch, probably got found out after a few months.

Like Yeovil or Bournemouth to go up, back at uni in Bournemouth next year so good to have a local Derby game for a change. 

The bottom of League 2 is the most interesting, I like a lot of the sides down there as well. Good to see Wimbledon basically safe now. Hopefully Barnet, Plymouth and Stanley stay up. Stanley my fourth side, always rooting for them. York havent won in something stupid, apparently since Worthington came in they've just been fouling, time wasting, defending etc and have p*ssed off a lot of sides they play against.

Was at Margate v Canvey Island today, great game. Steve Tilson is manager of Canvey Island now, strange to think he was managing Southend in the Championship not too long ago. Was a 2-2 thriller, Margate 2-0 after about 20 minutes, 2-1 at half time. We got a last minute penno, looked soft but converted. They go down the other end, get an even softer penno, missed with the last kick of the game. Absolutely frozen but good game, up the Gate!

Don't you ever follow Gillingham?

Aren't they close to you?

I miss football so much.. Mexican football just isn't interesting given that half the sides sacrifice their domestic league for the Libertadores or North American CL..

Problem is I love the western world too much to ever want to move back to Europe.. The only place I could possibly go that has sufficient weather conditions plus Spanish language would be Almeria..

Gillingham is about 45-60 minutes away, closest league club to me.

When I was young Brighton were playing at Gillingham so I used to go with my Dad to watch Brighton there, as he's a Brighton fan, as I've probably mentioned on here a few times. He bought me up to dislike Gillingham, and as the place is such as **** hole as well I've never really liked them. Although one of my good friends is a big fan and follows them all over the country so I dont dislike them as much as I used to.

I love lower league football, the standard is pretty terrible but the fans at that level make it special. I wish I could go back and purely support Margate FC.

Why do you have to speak Spanish Bris? 

Gillingham is about 45-60 minutes away, closest league club to me.

When I was young Brighton were playing at Gillingham so I used to go with my Dad to watch Brighton there, as he's a Brighton fan, as I've probably mentioned on here a few times. He bought me up to dislike Gillingham, and as the place is such as **** hole as well I've never really liked them. Although one of my good friends is a big fan and follows them all over the country so I dont dislike them as much as I used to.

I love lower league football, the standard is pretty terrible but the fans at that level make it special. I wish I could go back and purely support Margate FC.

Why do you have to speak Spanish Bris? 

I guess lower league football could be fun for the fan travelling around the country.. You'd still get your dose of good football from SKY and MOTD etc.. but you wouldn't have to be completely let down by the performances as the expectations won't be so big..

Being a club of our size has it's major downfalls.. We all think we should be doing better, we know we're capable of playing a higher standard and we've all seen so much better therefore it's not as easy to enjoy watching us park the bus away at someone like Watford..

But a lower league club, for the fans in particular, I imagine it's a greater adventure.. Bigger clubs in the cup, bigger club coming down, and a very good chance at seeing a promotion winning team every once in a while..

As for why I have to speak Spanish.. It's purely a choice and preference.. I want my kids to grow up being bilingual

Another question.. Are you anywhere near Ebbsfleet? They're a Kent based side aren't they?

I've just noticed where Margate is on the map.. If you're near there then feckin hell.. Hardly spoilt for choice on league clubs eh

Exactly, I never really realised it till I got older and you go up to the midlands and there's about 10 clubs within an hours train journey of some cities. 

Ebbsfleet is pretty close to London so not very close to me, Kent is a big county. 

The thing with supporting Derby is, we all aim to get in the Premier League, but then I think, then what? What is the next level? The best we will ever be able to hope for is to get into Europe and maybe win the FA Cup. And even then, getting into Europe probably gets boring once you've played in it once as most big clubs in the competition dont give a f*ck about it.

Supporting a lower league/non league club you've always got that dream of climbing the divisions, or finally getting into the football league. Supporting these small non league clubs as well you feel far more a part of it, a club for the local community. There was 10 or so visible Canvey Island fans at the game I was at Saturday, singing, enjoying themselves, get to pop into the bar at half time, legends, wish I was them in a way. 

Archived