The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be averse to see the back of one of the keepers and someone like Ali Al-Habsi from Wigan.

A much better keeper for me... Probably out of our league though.

Same Al Habsi linked with Liverpool in Jan and played first team in prem up until Feb? Can see a promoted side going in for him. Good keeper. They did pay 4m for him!

Any one else seen a potentially cracking player in Hogie?

No?

Just me then. :D

I like the cut of his jib. There's summat about him that makes me think he could be a half decent left back. Seems to have a bit of pace, looks strong, liked to get forward, did over hit passes and crosses a bit but could have been down to youthful exuberance or just sheer excitement at playing for next seasons Championship winners.

I would bet a bit of money that Brayford will sign a new contract. maybe with some get out clauses

I would be very surprised if Bryson were to go, he wouldn't attract a big fee yet he is important to us. Likewise Ben Davies is a useful lad to have around, he won't be on big wages and we wouldn't get a big fee. We need some decent squad players 

We definately need an expreienced guy in the middle of the park to tak us to the next level 

I would bet a bit of money that Brayford will sign a new contract. maybe with some get out clauses

I would be very surprised if Bryson were to go, he wouldn't attract a big fee yet he is important to us. Likewise Ben Davies is a useful lad to have around, he won't be on big wages and we wouldn't get a big fee. We need some decent squad players 

We definately need an expreienced guy in the middle of the park to tak us to the next level 

Strong rumors of Dean Whitehead to carry out that role next season.

(of Stoke ).......

Another who's contract is running out I think.

I don't think its so much about experience as about a certain type of physical, aggressive leader in there. Most of our best players are in central midfield, so there's a conundrum there though. Change of tactics? Sale of one of the young assets? Actual strength in depth? It would be nice to have Bryson available fresh 35 times rather than limping around for the second half of the season, and not to have to break Will because there's no-one else available.

Jermaine Pennant, forget his bad behaviour because our Nigel would sort that out (and pick him up for training)

Yes he's been a bit of a wrongun, yes he's cheated, drank, drove when he shouldn't have and shagged some fit birds but at least there haven't been any violent (he was cleared!) or sexual offences (that we know of) Yes his dad is in prison for supplying controlled substances but there is no denying he's fast as f*ck down the left and he puts good balls in.

So what do you reckon?

I would be tempted to look at Albert Adomah at Bristol City. He is a loose cannon but boy can he frighten defenders! Now that City have gone down he could be available quite cheaply.

However, there's no point in wide players unless you have someone in the middle with a bit of go about them. Let's get a big 'un and a quick 'un together to give us that flexibility in the way we play.

I would have loved Chris Wood but he's likely to be too expensive now. I wonder how much Odemwingie would go for?

Interesting listening to Rednapp the other day about getting ready for life in the Championship, his thoughts were that he would need at least 2-3 mature, experienced old heads around, he was even debating recalling Dick Barton from Marseille to help his quest for promotion next season - this is where we are lacking, experienced pro's with nous who have been round the block a few times in midfield - and I know we tried this with Savage and failed.

Jermaine Pennant, forget his bad behaviour because our Nigel would sort that out (and pick him up for training)

Yes he's been a bit of a wrongun, yes he's cheated, drank, drove when he shouldn't have and shagged some fit birds but at least there haven't been any violent (he was cleared!) or sexual offences (that we know of) Yes his dad is in prison for supplying controlled substances but there is no denying he's fast as f*ck down the left and he puts good balls in.

So what do you reckon?

Er......no

Mark wallington 34...........frank fielding 25

Mel sage 23......................john brayford 25

Michael forsyth 21............Gareth roberts 35......Craig forsyth 24

Paul blades 22.................mark obrien 20

Ross maclaren 25.......... Jake buxton 28

Rob hindmarch 25...........Richard keogh 26

Geraint williams 25..........Craig bryson 26

Gary micklewhite 26........Paul coutts 24

Phil gee 22......................Jeff hendrick 21

Bobby davison 27............conor sammon 26

Nigel callaghan 24...........Jamie ward 26

John gregory 32...............

I dont think we need too much in terms of experience.

What we do need is goalscorers

Based on posts from people claiming to be in the know, it looks like Fielding, Brayford, Bryson and Ward are all leaving or being relegated to the bench?

Well with Ward I think it will be more a case if getting a player to do that role for 46 games without popping a hamstring.

Wolves are down..... anyone we fancy?

Ebans Blake

Stephan Ward

Adam Hammill

Kevin Doyle

Leigh Griffiths

i would take any of them 

Went to the Wolves match yesterday.

Scrap Ward off that list straight away, absolutely awful. Hammill never plays, good player at Barnsley, has off the fielding problem, maybe? I'd have Doyle but wages and Celtic are interested after having a loan bid rejected in Jan. Would have Leigh Griffiths, but i suspect he'll stay on next season. Blake... Meh... Maybe. I'd prefer Jackson or Grigg 

From what i saw, Jack Robinson and Steven Hunt had good games, i know we were interested in Robinson last summer. Hunt was excellent and out of contract i believe. 

Wolves are down..... anyone we fancy?

Ebans Blake

Stephan Ward

Adam Hammill

Kevin Doyle

Leigh Griffiths

i would take any of them 

Wouldn't have any of them to be honest, they all directly contributed to Wolves going down this year so wouldn't want them anywhere near my team

Wouldn't have any of them to be honest, they all directly contributed to Wolves going down this year so wouldn't want them anywhere near my team

Apart from Griffith who has been ripping up the SPL, Hammill who was at Huddersfield. 

Ebans Blake has scored 14 goals wouldn't really say he contributed to them going down.

Archived