W. Brett WIlson ''we've spent a TON on players, wish the story was more evident''

Ambitious

On his twitter... He made some good points but this comment especially just made me think the blokes in a dream world!

The only way I can envisage this being true if he meant in the literal sense.. as the mass of a penny is roughly 3.1g and ton is roughly 1000kg

0.0031kg in a penny... means rounded up would means roughly 322581 pennies weighs a 1000kg - so we've spent a little over £3,000 on players which isn't good enough!!

--

in all seriousness, I don't think he quite understands the magnitude of money needing to be spent for 'considerable investment' and I'm not saying chucking money at an issue is the best policy, but I definitely wouldn't mind him opening his eyes and not to make comments such as this, because it's ****.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to give credit to Brett Wilson he has been answering many tweets from fans over the past couple of days.

The one in question I have copied and pasted below. Was in response about The buyout from local owners with club in apparent good health at the time

@Davenportram1 nothing was "saved" - he sold a mess - and we have spent a TON on players - wish the real story was more evident 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

GSE committed £21m in players fees, transfer fees, agents fees, loan fees alone in the Paul Jewell spending spree that included something like 23 players in 2008!

Appleby responded once to me by saying that they've spent enough to buy three teams.

The facts,derived from the 08/09 accounts (which anyone can look at if they are so inclined) are as follows:-

From note 8 "Intangible fixed assets" -"Additions" :- Registration fees £4.377m, Agents' +League levy £863k,Total £5.24m

From the Balance Sheet -"Current Assets/Liabilities" (Look at the RH column,because the closing 07/08 figures become the opening 08/09 figures) :- Players' Reg Fees Owed £8.118m, Players' Reg Fees Receivable £4.646m ,hence net £3.472m.

Adding the two you get £8.712m. Even if you ignore the £4.646m receivable (and I don't particularly see why you should),then the total would still only be £13.358m.These figures are for permanents,and so loan fees are excluded,but even if you ignored the £4m+ receivable you'd need some pretty impressive loan fees to get anywhere near £21m.I suspect what he hasn't told you is that his figure probably includes wages.

With regards to fees payable,this figure includes the extras (I've checked before via a certain reconciliation) and will include an element of o/s fees payable in respect of LOG recruits,so it's fair enough to include them (if you include the fees receivable,which also related to LOG recruits).Any amounts paid out in 07/08 must have come out of Prem season receipts,as the owners injected no cash in 07/08,which can be verified by examining the Cash Flow statement for either 07/08 ,or 08/09 RH column,which gives previous year's figure i.e. zilch.

The facts,derived from the 08/09 accounts (which anyone can look at if they are so inclined) are as follows:-

From note 8 "Intangible fixed assets" -"Additions" :- Registration fees £4.377m, Agents' +League levy £863k,Total £5.24m

From the Balance Sheet -"Current Assets/Liabilities" (Look at the RH column,because the closing 07/08 figures become the opening 08/09 figures) :- Players' Reg Fees Owed £8.118m, Players' Reg Fees Receivable £4.646m ,hence net £3.472m.

Adding the two you get £8.712m. Even if you ignore the £4.646m receivable (and I don't particularly see why you should),then the total would still only be £13.358m.These figures are for permanents,and so loan fees are excluded,but even if you ignored the £4m+ receivable you'd need some pretty impressive loan fees to get anywhere near £21m.I suspect what he hasn't told you is that his figure probably includes wages.

With regards to fees payable,this figure includes the extras (I've checked before via a certain reconciliation) and will include an element of o/s fees payable in respect of LOG recruits,so it's fair enough to include them (if you include the fees receivable,which also related to LOG recruits).Any amounts paid out in 07/08 must have come out of Prem season receipts,as the owners injected no cash in 07/08,which can be verified by examining the Cash Flow statement for either 07/08 ,or 08/09 RH column,which gives previous year's figure i.e. zilch.

wtf?

wtf?

The figure (apparently?) quoted by Appleby for 08 transfer fees/agents fees/loan fees of £21m looks to be a bit dodgy (if that is an accurate representation of what he said).Is that better? Apologies for coming up with supporting facts and not just saying "that's wrong".

The figure (apparently?) quoted by Appleby for 08 transfer fees/agents fees/loan fees of £21m looks to be a bit dodgy (if that is an accurate representation of what he said).Is that better? Apologies for coming up with supporting facts and not just saying "that's wrong".

Just say he's talking *****. You might find you can get more things done around the house.

Appleby responded once to me by saying that they've spent enough to buy three teams.

You were full of crap on the other boards. I see you haven't been cured.

I beg your pardon?

How do I attach an image, I'll show you who's full of crap and it aint me.

Appleby once replied to my email around the end of the first season in the championship saying they had invested £21m in the club - perhaps its just confusion as to what the £21m was spent on.

Nothing was invested into the club in 07/08,£7.74m was put in during 08/09 and £6.624m in 09/10.I'm sure gritstone's got a word for it.

Archived