next season...

nfb

It's OK we used the words will and won't.. Words in the English language designed for predictions..

We didn't use the words 'going to' so we're all good.

Ah blessed semantics, the cornerstone of every internet discussion.

Well played though, I doff my hat to you good Sir.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're using this figure of 60 players without any mention of what it is or what it means. Now, I know you're trying to use the figure in a way to somehow make a point here, but including loanee who came in as injury cover in that figure is absolutely ridiculous. If you're talking about players coming through the club, you should only talk about actual signings, not loans and especially not emergency loans to cover injuries.

I quite clearly state that 60 players have been used by Clough, this includes about 15 he inherited, and about 15 he signed on loan. It's probably nearer to 80!

I quite clearly state that 60 players have been used by Clough, this includes about 15 he inherited, and about 15 he signed on loan. It's probably nearer to 80!

Are you going to give us comparative figures of different managers? Are you going to get us a citation and an exact figure?

No.

I don't need to.

Well, yes you do, otherwise you're not saying anything.

Example:

My height is twice the length of this branch.

Notice how this means absolutely nothing without knowledge of the length of the branch. The same idea applies here. If you don't offer other figures describing what makes these numbers different to other managers, or even a proper count, then you aren't actually saying anything.

Well, yes you do, otherwise you're not saying anything.

Example:

My height is twice the length of this branch.

Notice how this means absolutely nothing without knowledge of the length of the branch. The same idea applies here. If you don't offer other figures describing what makes these numbers different to other managers, or even a proper count, then you aren't actually saying anything.

You know I'm right, you're just being a bit daft. Cucumbram has already provided a list of 57 players, I added about 20 to that list. It doesnt matter about other managers cos none have been given 4 years to do the job.

You know I'm right, you're just being a bit daft. Cucumbram has already provided a list of 57 players, I added about 20 to that list. It doesnt matter about other managers cos none have been given 4 years to do the job.

ffs!!! He's there again only under the disguise of cucumbram. Yesterday it was taters today cucumbers. What is going on?

Nigel is not the first manager in history to have four years you realise. Either give us something to compare to or you have no argument in respect to the value you stated without backing.

I also maintain that emergency loans and loans in general should not be counted as "signings" as they are temporary, but please, find other managers who have been at clubs for a few years and figure out how many players they have used so we can have a solid comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly. Hence my "with the odd exception".

A decent manager would have taken what hes spent in loan fees alone, and built a competitive, organised side.

Care to give an example of a manager who has managed this, citing the amounts you think he has spent and providing references.

Next season I was wondering people say they expect us to spend 2-3 million on a ST, LB, CB (if barker is rubbish) and a winger.

Now.... does that mean people want us to spend 3 million or mean invest 3 million because there is a big difference.

we could potentially accumulate a fair bit of money from players sales. Potentially 1 million though that is a bit ambitious. If we then spend 2 million on players that is actually only 1 million investment into new players during the summer. I would say that is poor. 

So in my opinion we should invest 2-3 million not spend 2-3 million. 

And finally would fans feel a bit mugged off if we sell someone like Brayford for 2 million to Cardiff and then go spend 3 million in the transfer window because technically the board have only put in 1 million of their own money then???

I think Next season we need to get our players in as early as possible. Then probably go away abroad for pre-season and try a new system of formation or try getting different types of players to link up much like Coutts and Brayford.

In terms of 3 Million I think we could get away with spending very little but adding 6/7 decent players that are much needed just to field a bench should injuries occur again. I think we need to have an u18s,u21s and first team not regularly taking players from each one just to make up the team. Fair enough if the call up is deserved.

My transfer advice would be to turn some of the transfer budget into the wage budget and therefore attract the better end of Free gems.

List would be

Will grigg-Close to 20 goals a season

Martyn Waghorn-Good finisher and hard worker

Jon taylor-Really Quick winger.Good potential same mould as Jacobs except really quick.

Don't know much about Jon Taylor,but being quick alone isn't enough to get me excited.John Robertson wasn't quick,neither is Snodgrass,but both offered good delivery into the box.I can remember Terry Curran,he was very quick,but.....

Don't know much about Jon Taylor,but being quick alone isn't enough to get me excited.John Robertson wasn't quick,neither is Snodgrass,but both offered good delivery into the box.I can remember Terry Curran,he was very quick,but.....

Terry Currant did he play for wendy. Curly hair?

Archived