Derby County fan guilty of racially abusing Nathan Tyson and Marlon King

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really a reasonable chance,

How many times would someone at PP shout something racist, 5, 10 a game?

Since it opened that means their must have been thousands of instances of racial abuse, abuse of referees, abuse of fat people, so because a few fans don't like the bloke behind he gets done for it and banned, whereas the 10, 20 or whatever instances that occur today, next Tuesday and the rest of the season nobody bothers about.

Don't get me wrong i hate racism, but I dislike people playing the racism card just as much.

No one’s perfect…but now we all know that if we come out with stupid racist crap at PP then there’s a reasonable chance we might get prosecuted.

If you're right on the "balance of probabilities",I'd be a bit uneasy about the verdict.Would not balance of probabilities suggest an element of (reasonable) doubt? I don't know the answer,and I appreciate it would be difficult to be absolutely certain in most cases that reach court.

Not trying to defend the guy-if he were guilty he would fully deserve punishment.

It is quite wrong to suggest that the judge said anything out the 'balance of probabilities', because it was stated...

Derby magistrates said there was "a compelling account" of the racist incident from three witnesses.

Not really a reasonable chance,

How many times would someone at PP shout something racist, 5, 10 a game?

Really?

If you hear a racist comment 5 or 10 times a game, you must sit very close to one or more racists and an awful lot of people who are prepared to tolerate them. I can honestly say that I have never heard a single racist comment at Pride Park.

I guess we're a little more civilised at the back of the North Stand.

It is quite wrong to suggest that the judge said anything out the 'balance of probabilities', because it was stated...

Derby magistrates said there was "a compelling account" of the racist incident from three witnesses.

Ah,that's a little different.

I believe the official ruling, as advocated by the law of the land, is that as long as the abuse is aimed at a white male then it is ok. Any other form of abuse will be found to be discriminatory.

Good call. us poor white males have a terrible time of it. it all started when we were removed from our homeland and transported to this country on boats.

I have also never heard racist abuse at Pride Park, which, despite being something that should be expected as the bare minimum, I am proud of. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for homophobic abuse.

Indeed, there are many football fans idiots who will put that down as 'banter' or 'exercising their freedom of speech' too.

[url=http://www.thejustincampaign.com/]http://www.thejustincampaign.com/

I have heard one racist comment at PP, it was during the play off semi final second against Southampton, someone behind me shouted "**** off Rasiak you dirty Polish *******" i did turn to take issue with whoever shouted it but couldn't be sure who did it, really pissed me off that did.

Some fans, it is fair to say, leave their morals at the turnstiles on the way in and proceed to shout stuff they wouldn't dream of if they were in the street.

Is it acceptable if you're watching a match to do it then? To call somebody a **** or something worse, like a rascist comment? Some would say so. It all comes with the 'pack mentality' and being an anonymous face in the crowd, people think it's ok to say whatever they like, but it's not the case anymore is it?

If more people report it if it's heard, something can be done, which I think is the way it should be. There's no place in decent society for racism anymore, we've got past all that rubbish surely. Thankfully the people who do this are in a small minority now but they need stamping out.

Interesting isnt it really, if you call somebody a c unt whilst not very nice its accepted by most. If you describe the colour of 1's skin before calling them a c unt youl probably either find yourself in court. Unless of course you call somebody a white c unt that doesnt actually seem to be classed as racist.

if you heard it and felt it was used in a way that made the comment racially influenced you could report it.

Archived