Hendrick gone in the summer?

ramsalltheway

Although he didn't have the greatest game against Hull, he's been our best player for two months now. As a 21 year centre midfielder in a ultra competitive league, that's a very good player we have.

Also, his pass for the second Irish goal was sublime and as Kevin Kilbane said, it could not have been made by a bad player. 8 out of 10 players would have headed that back into the box. His touch to take it away from the oncoming players was excellent, the vision, technique and composure were all top quality.

So, with the eye now on him and we've all been hearing rumours, i can't see him staying. He's only going to get better too. I'll be sad to see him leave but if we get an offer of 3 million and buy smart, that's a great deal.

He's good enough for a lower premier league team and we are about 2-3 years from there if we keep going the way we are. I'd love to build a team around him but more recently I've been thinking Clough has the shackles on him and maybe he doesn't suit with his driving style of play? Thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the Full 90 from Hull. Our best player. Followed by Keogh/Brayford/Ward

His improvement from the start of the season is there for all to see.

But

I think his current form is comfortably better than even his good spell last season.

Personally I think this midfield would tear up wolves.

Coutts Hendrick Bryson Jacobs

Ward Sammon

Give Hughes a break it worked for Hendrick.

He could play for a lower league PL team...

You can say that about anyone in the NPC.. Anyone in the NPC can play for a lower league PL team.. That being on the bench, in the reserves, perhaps getting a few minutes here and there..

But being a first team player is different..

Is Hendrick good enough to make the first team 11 of any PL side? No he isn't.. Not yet anyway.

I reckon we'll have him and Hughes for another season before they get bored with the lack of ambition and get their heads turned by their agents telling them how much they can earn elsewhere.

Then Clough can use that as another excuse for a mid table finish, while spending the money on another 5 a season striker, which will be the excuse the following season, along with the annual excuse that we can't compete with three teams that have been relegated, which for some inexplicable reason seems to happen every season. Go figure.

He could play for a lower league PL team...

You can say that about anyone in the NPC.. Anyone in the NPC can play for a lower league PL team.. That being on the bench, in the reserves, perhaps getting a few minutes here and there..

But being a first team player is different..

Is Hendrick good enough to make the first team 11 of any PL side? No he isn't.. Not yet anyway.

See you qualified your opinion right at the end by saying "Not yet anyway".

By that I take it you believe he will make the first team 11 of a PL side one day? I agree.

He's a better player now than Michael Carrick.

I reckon we'll have him and Hughes for another season before they get bored with the lack of ambition and get their heads turned by their agents telling them how much they can earn elsewhere.

Then Clough can use that as another excuse for a mid table finish, while spending the money on another 5 a season striker, which will be the excuse the following season, along with the annual excuse that we can't compete with three teams that have been relegated, which for some inexplicable reason seems to happen every season. Go figure.

Hughes hasn't got an agent

Archived