Clough 55th best manager in England...

networker1884

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This doesn't make any sense..

It's just how well a manager is doing at his club based on this seasons results alone..

Obviously any team at the top of the table is doing well and any team at the bottom is vice versa.. But it has no concept on the tasks and targets of each individual club..

Anyone managing Man City or Man Utd would be in the top 5 whilst anyone managing Reading or Peterborough would be near the bottom... Even Paul Jewell would be at the top at Utd or City

This doesn't make any sense..

It's just how well a manager is doing at his club based on this seasons results alone..

Obviously any team at the top of the table is doing well and any team at the bottom is vice versa.. But it has no concept on the tasks and targets of each individual club..

Anyone managing Man City or Man Utd would be in the top 5... Even Paul Jewell would be

You've said some controversial things in your time but that one tops the pile! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

He's beating McLeish in 107th place.

And Paul Jewell at #115.

That's about all you can say though.

Utterly average Nigel.

Only a truly stupid person would read anything into those 'statistics'. I don't think that you are stupid.

Any journo or statto worth their salt would analyse managers who qualified for judgement on a longevity basis, each having been in charge at their (successive) clubs for a specific total number of games in their managerial career to date.

Utter load of guff otherwise.

Play the cards you're dealt!

I for one won't go ballistic

With another daft statistic,

Even though it seems so tough

On a man like Nigel Clough!

55th in line they say,

I deny that! Say "no way!"

Compare our set up to Manyoo.

I can beat that, so can you!

"Need a striker?" They'll oblige!

Cash no object, not like Nige!

He can want one but the board

Say "him we can't afford!"

Hear of someone up for loan

Get their masters on the phone

All goes well until the day

When the board won't meet his pay!

With his managerial duties to be done (to be done)

Our Nigel's lot is not a happy one (happy one)

Managers? not the top one,

Despite being that one's son!

There aren't many in this land,

Could manage if dealt Nigel's hand!

Yep. Stupid bit of propoganda. lots of managers are on there twice for starters. No credit is given for other aspects of managing a footballl club such as developing younger players. You can't dko that in 7 games. How good a squad a manager has is not taken into account. How much dosh each manager had to play with. How long a manager has kept his job is given no credit. Ferguson took years to get United to the top. Managerial stability is often matched by progress all round at a football club. Overall record in all games of management would say something.

Ronnie Moore is having a great season with Tranmere..

Steve Bruce is doing a decent job in his first year at Hull and Laudrup is improving Swansea no end.. You know you're a decent team in the PL if you've got a positive GD

But I agree with Cumbrian.. Man Utd are doing amazing this year.. They're currently on for 95 points which would be phenomenal for a team that doesn't have many worldclass players.. Although it does say quite abit about the lack of quality elsewhere in the league

Archived