Loan signings????

Cardifframs

I'm not entirely convinced by the unsettling of the squad thing.

players know the score - they will be replaced at some point.

NC has rightly said that he needs to bear it in mind - not that he won't sign the right guy if he thinks he will improve the squad.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've yet to see anyone say there is no room for improvement.

Loan signings unsettle a squad, would you disagree with that?

Who do you think is playing so bad that it is worth unsettling the squad for?

Will be more than happy to see loan signings come in if they are with a view to a permanent move.

Any signing can unsettle a squad. That's partly the reason to sign them. Change is a necessary part of life. Sometimes it is unsettling. That's not a reason to do nothing.

Yours is a plan of inertia seemingly based on 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I happen to believe that mid-table doesn't count as 'ain't broke'

Since when did he say we have improved every year?

Your argument seems to be flawed.

"If you improve finishing position every season, eventually you will be at the top. Why is that point lost on some?"

Maybe the point made was lost on me then ? Please feel free to enlighten me, or are we saying from last year only :-)

Where did I say if we don't bring anyone in we aren't bothered with this season? I'm referring to the forget the play offs comment when we are a whole 6 points off. I'm just so amazed by so many people saying how happy they are with what we have when I believe you should always look to improve.

I want us to improve, I'm just not sure bringing someone in on a short term basis will do that.

It's called being realistic about where we are at.

Lets be honest when have loan signings ever really done anything for us?

How about trying to bring a few more of the youngsters through instead of just bringing loans in and unsettling the squad.

Its ok taking your sly digs but try and add something to the debate like who you think needs replacing and who is available and within our financial bracket.

Loans over the last 4 years, ever at Derby, shot term, or loans in general ?

Osman, Kinky, Kuqi, Dickov, was west a loan, Bueno wasnt bad, Feilding, Nazer was also ok, as was Lupoli, Klismann for spurs, Larrson for united, Zamora went to Brighton, Wood to Milwall, Varney when he went to Blackpool, just a couple of the top of my head that IMO worked out.

Why does it have to be a case of who needs replacing, why cant it be improving the squad, we use subs now, well sometimes.

I notice that work "finance" comes in again, question, are Milwall paying all of Tysons wages ?

"If you improve finishing position every season, eventually you will be at the top. Why is that point lost on some?"

Maybe the point made was lost on me then ? Please feel free to enlighten me, or are we saying from last year only :-)

Was that relating to Derby? Or is it just ageneral rule in life that if you improve every year eventually you will reach the top?

Loans over the last 4 years, ever at Derby, shot term, or loans in general ?

Osman, Kinky, Kuqi, Dickov, was west a loan, Bueno wasnt bad, Feilding, Nazer was also ok, as was Lupoli, Klismann for spurs, Larrson for united, Zamora went to Brighton, Wood to Milwall, Varney when he went to Blackpool, just a couple of the top of my head that IMO worked out.

Why does it have to be a case of who needs replacing, why cant it be improving the squad, we use subs now, well sometimes.

I notice that work "finance" comes in again, question, are Milwall paying all of Tysons wages ?

Taking someone on loan just to improve the squad?

Although it doesn't mean someone has to be replaced, bringing in new players means someone is going to be shoved down the pecking order.

At the moment that would probably mean one of the youngsters would go from being part of the matchday squad to being left out and losing out on valuable experience.

As I said loan with a view to a permanent I am fine with otherwise its just a no goer for me.

Was that relating to Derby? Or is it just ageneral rule in life that if you improve every year eventually you will reach the top?

Well Im guessing, just a wild one, that as we are on a Derby forum, he is replying to a post about us improving every year, that maybe, wait for it.............he was talking about Derby, maybe not though.....maybe he suddenly thought he would talk about life in general. I mean that would be more relevant ey ? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

Any signing can unsettle a squad. That's partly the reason to sign them. Change is a necessary part of life. Sometimes it is unsettling. That's not a reason to do nothing.

Yours is a plan of inertia seemingly based on 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. I happen to believe that mid-table doesn't count as 'ain't broke'

My plan is don't bring players in just for the sake of keeping fans happy.

As previously said I would rather see our youngsters given a chance than any Tom, Dick and Harry that other teams don't want.

You haven't answered about what positions you think we should bring loans in for.

Well Im guessing, just a wild one, that as we are on a Derby forum, he is replying to a post about us improving every year, that maybe, wait for it.............he was talking about Derby, maybe not though.....maybe he suddenly thought he would talk about life in general. I mean that would be more relevant ey ? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

The post he responded to was claiming that improving year on year isnt that great of an chievement. Where as if we did manage to improve year on year we would eventually reach the top would we not?

Please feel free to express your opinion on who needs replacing or where we need additional cover...

Do you feel the squad is strong enough ? if thats the case do you feel we dont need to sign anyone in the summer either ? Signing players on 3 month loan with a view to a perm, gives them something to aim for, like jamie ward, frankie fielding and Theo...If we can get a left back in for a 3 month loan with a view to a perm, it will give them something to aim for seeing as the left back position will need filling next season. Dont agree with people saying we need strikers. We score loads, we just let them in aswell. We dont score many away from home because of the formation we play.

It depends for me how you view the rest of the season. If you believe there is no hope of play-offs then we should stick with the youngsters and give them valuable playing time.

If however you think the play-offs are still on, then why not loan someone in who may propel us into such a place.

Archived