Loan signings????

Cardifframs

Do you feel the squad is strong enough ? if thats the case do you feel we dont need to sign anyone in the summer either ? Signing players on 3 month loan with a view to a perm, gives them something to aim for, like jamie ward, frankie fielding and Theo...If we can get a left back in for a 3 month loan with a view to a perm, it will give them something to aim for seeing as the left back position will need filling next season. Dont agree with people saying we need strikers. We score loads, we just let them in aswell. We dont score many away from home because of the formation we play.

The squad, no. The starting 11, yes. However, I would be foolish to say that there is no room for imrpovement.

As I have said, I don't mind loans with a view to a permanent signing but I don't think temporary improvement works.

I don't think Doyle is good enough at this level and I still think Bennett is too young to make any sort of impact.

However, once we have nothing more to play for I would like to see more youngster given experience of the first team.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind a couple of loans. Not too many (LB and a ST). It's a good way to try before you buy like we've done previously. Personally I don't think loans will upset the squad. We probably won't bring any loans in as soon as the window opens it'll be towards the end so we can see out the season with then (presumably). Then again there could be no loans at all and we're getting hyped over nothing.

The squad, no. The starting 11, yes. However, I would be foolish to say that there is no room for imrpovement.

As I have said, I don't mind loans with a view to a permanent signing but I don't think temporary improvement works.

I don't think Doyle is good enough at this level and I still think Bennett is too young to make any sort of impact.

However, once we have nothing more to play for I would like to see more youngster given experience of the first team.

We dont need any strikers in on loan for now. It seems like Nigel will look to get rid of Theo, Tyson and probably Doyle in the summer, and then im sure will look to replace them, hopefully with someone to partner Sammon although i like Ward up with him.

My plan is don't bring players in just for the sake of keeping fans happy.

As previously said I would rather see our youngsters given a chance than any Tom, Dick and Harry that other teams don't want.

You haven't answered about what positions you think we should bring loans in for.

We could bring in loans for any number of different positions. If Clough is satisfied with the players he has, there can be little wonder his record ranks as 53rd best this season.

I would like to think he wouldn't have to look too hard to find better options than Robinson or Roberts; to get someone in who might threaten O'Connor into action or who might push Buxton down the pecking order.

If the budget's used up, then fair enough, but that would make it quite a small budget.

Loan signings don't please fans, winning matches pleases fans.

And remember, Ward wasn't wanted by his club when we took him on loan.

Think you may be right about Theo.

Tyson must be certain to be out the door at least on loan again(contract?)

Doyle........its now or never for him...likely to end up at Vancouver or somewhere in the MLS.

Considering that....we are very likely to be after another striker I rekon. Probably somebody with pace.

Probably looking at Left backs. Maybe lower league slightly unknowns on low wages rather than Danny Fox types.

some highly rated skinny kid from the Prem we have no hope of signing permanently.

Derby boss Nigel Clough is eyeing "two or three" targets in preparation for when the emergency loan window opens next week.

Clough has no plans to strengthen his squad ahead of Thursday night's transfer deadline.

Instead he will wait and try to sign players on loan deals with the view to any prospective arrivals making a permanent switch to Pride Park in the summer.

"Nobody will be coming in before the deadline but we're already looking at the loan window which opens next week," said Clough ahead of his side's Championship fixture at home to Huddersfield on Saturday.

"We have got our eye on two or three to try and improve us next season. So if there is a way of getting them in on loan for the rest of the season, we will try to do it.

"A 93-day loan gives us the chance to have a good look at them and them to have a good look at us before making a permament decision on them in the summer. That is how we have tried to use the loan window."

A win against a poor Huddersfield side and his opinion seems to change 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Ward was a loan signing so was the inexplicably beloved Theo Robinson.

People seem to be assuming loan players will only be here a matter of weeks.

Let me explain that for you Andy - top scorer for the last 18 months. Everybody loves the bloke who sticks it in the net.

The club have said they're looking to bring in one or two loans with a view to permanent (sensible) so we can check their character is compatible with the squad (sensible), and they can check out us (sensible) and to improve what we've got at the moment (exciting).

Don't see a downside?

The club have said they're looking to [size=5]b[/size]ring in [size=5]o[/size]ne or tw[size=5]o[/size] loans with a view to permanent (sensible) so we [size=5]c[/size]an check their character is compatib[size=5]l[/size]e with the squad (sensible), and they can check [size=5]ou[/size]t us (sensible) and to improve what we've [size=5]g[/size]ot at t[size=5]h[/size]e moment ([size=5]ex[/size]c[size=5]it[size=4]i[/size][/size]ng).

Do[size=5]n[/size]'t see a d[size=5]ow[/size]nside?

Sneaky, but I see through your smokescreen.

Let me explain that for you Andy - top scorer for the last 18 months. Everybody loves the bloke who sticks it in the net.

Thanks for that.

20 goals in 75 appearances.

Not exactly Alan Shearer, is he?

I refuse to believe that he is the answer to our prayers.

Anyway, a couple of loans would shake em up a bit. Balance the pitiful budget by trying to offload one or two as well.

Thanks for that.

20 goals in 75 appearances.

Not exactly Alan Shearer, is he?

I refuse to believe that he is the answer to our prayers.

Anyway, a couple of loans would shake em up a bit. Balance the pitiful budget by trying to offload one or two as well.

No he isn't; he's quick, willing, causes problems and gets a goal. His touch remains, erm, erratic. He's worth 10 times what we paid for him, and no, he's never going to be the new Kevin Hector.

No he isn't; he's quick, willing, causes problems and gets a goal. His touch remains, erm, erratic. He's worth 10 times what we paid for him, and no, he's never going to be the new Kevin Hector.

I hate the fact Theo gets stick. His been scoring goals. He works hard and chases down the ball. If he had a better gal scoring record and a better touch, he would be playing for a prem team, not us.

I don't care if we don't think we can make the play offs this season, I still think Clough should improve where he can given the budget.

Think the loan to permanent idea is a good one and seems logical.

What frustrates me about Clough is he always seems content plodding along. "we're happy with what we've got" etc. I'm quite happy with the side as well, still can be improved though.

Really is time to start looking at the top six next season. If we don't achieve that or very close then for me Clough will have taken us as far as he can.

The away performances need to improve massively, a change in mindset is needed. As soon as we go behind its game over currently, we need to be much more positive. We're far better for me attacking than defending, surely makes sense to do more of what you're good at?

What frustrates me about Clough is he always seems content plodding along. "we're happy with what we've got" etc. I'm quite happy with the side as well, still can be improved though.

Don't want to pick on you Rich, but this frustrates me. Clough and Rush say we want to look at bringing some targets in on loan with a view to permanent, but only if they improve us. Now in a thread discussing that fact, we've got moaning about us being content to plod along. It's bizarre. I know Clough hasn't got the Venables/Redknapp big cockney geezer personality thing going on, but can't we just react to what he actually says and does not what we think we hear?

The "happy with what we've got" bit is basically saying to the squad, "nothing against you lads, you've worked hard and done us proud, we just need to look to improve where we can" - and also saying to the fans, "don't be too frustrated if we don't get anyone in, we don't need to sign for the sake of it, we'll only get one in if we think he's better than what we've got".

Archived