Pride Park Atmosphere / South Stand / ST prices 2013/2014

therams69

Ah yes but maybe they expected a drop off, but not enough to cause a loss in revenue because of the increased prices (elasticity of demand blah de blah) and this extra area going on sale at reduced prices might even reduce the amount of drop off in season ticket sales.

In other words its not all about attendance to the club its all about revenue.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very true Derbydan!!

I had no idea on the pricing of the South Stand until Sam called me on Monday morning! All I wanted was for the South Stand to be open. I have a feeling next season we will see the away fans actually moved into the SE Corner. Sam promised me he will be looking into this so will look forward to working together to achieve this.

As you know I am just a fan.

I do not work for the club.

I applaud the club on decisions publically.

I criticise the club on decisions both privately and publically if I feel its needed.

Will always remain independent and will always try to be the voice of the vocal support.

Nick

Ah yes but maybe they expected a drop off, but not enough to cause a loss in revenue because of the increased prices (elasticity of demand blah de blah) and this extra area going on sale at reduced prices might even reduce the amount of drop off in season ticket sales.

In other words its not all about attendance to the club its all about revenue.

I've no doubt that you're probably right,davenport.It seems a shame to me that the club didn't just increase prices accross the board,probably producing a quite small percentage increase more affordable to some.Of course this would have resulted in flak for the board,as opposed to the current fan against fan scenario that we're seeing on some threads,sometimes quite distasteful.

If numbers continue to fall,then fewer will suffer subsequent increases,and percentage rises would have to be higher-the vicious circle.I somehow think we need a thumping good season next year to rescue this situation.

Some people seem to be forgetting we didn't have a price rise for over 5 years previous to last season we have had it good & the club as mentioned before offers fans to pay over 4 or 8 months which not many do! Look at the season ticket prices for the likes of dirty Leeds & then come back & moan

Some people seem to be forgetting we didn't have a price rise for over 5 years previous to last season we have had it good & the club as mentioned before offers fans to pay over 4 or 8 months which not many do! Look at the season ticket prices for the likes of dirty Leeds & then come back & moan

Those who've been asked to pay a large percentage rise on top of last year's 10% haven't had it quite so good though.

Why haven't they just because they have had a price rise this year did they not benefit from the 0% price increase we had for so many years?

Those who haven't suffered recategorisation have 'enjoyed' the equivalent of a simple (not compounded) price rise of 2% over the 5 years (equivalent).Those affected adveresly will find this equivalent percentage to be far higher.If you're one of the lucky ones,enjoy it while you can.

I may be getting my blocks wrong but isn't that areas already open to Derby fans?

And isn't the atmosphere still crap?

What difference will having season ticket holders there make to now, as presumably all the singers in the corner will just stay there?

Don't see at all what difference this will make to atmosphere as we are already out sung by a few hundred away fans, and they will remain exactly where they are come next season.

I may be getting my blocks wrong but isn't that areas already open to Derby fans?

And isn't the atmosphere still crap?

What difference will having season ticket holders there make to now, as presumably all the singers in the corner will just stay there?

Don't see at all what difference this will make to atmosphere as we are already out sung by a few hundred away fans, and they will remain exactly where they are come next season.

No there not open for Derby fans, think block B is the furthest you can go.

Nick - sorry my line wasn't called for.

I'm Just disappointed because Sam Rush promised to do things to improve attendances and the first he has done is screw 25% of loyal supporters.

Do you really think that Sam Rush in a month in his job dreamt up and implemented this renewal package?

I think he has inherited it and it has been a **** up from above.

Although since they have chagned policy on the disabled corner and reduced the increase on disabled season tickets.

Also is there really 25% of fans effected or has this number been plucked out of the ether.

Hey no problem rammieb!

Yes I do agree I think Sam has been dealt a hand and had to show it.

I will judge on him his actions for season 2014/2015 with the move of the away fans to the SE Corner.

I will not slate the guy though as he has been more than accomodating to myself with discussions.

We can easily say that yes season ticket prices have risen by 25% for some supporters but in my opinion you treat it how much you actually pay for the season and not what you have paid in previous years.

When I had to comment on season ticket prices on Radio Derby I was surprised to hear that the most expensive season ticket at PPS works out at £22 per game. Yes I am against modern football and the high cost of prices but to be fair Derby have excellent prices when you compare them to other clubs. That is just my opinion.

Nick

Archived