Simeon Jackson

LawsonRam

Has been released by Norwich. 

I know we were interested before, and there was a lot of talk of him coming on loan in January. 

There is no paper talk yet, but most of its ******** anyway. 

I'm guessing with our previous interest, and him being released, it's only a matter of time before the red tops jump on it. 

Proven Championship player, scores goals, pace to burn, available on a free. Seems like a viable option, and an assumed friendship with Chris Martin may sway it?

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has been released by Norwich. 

I know we were interested before, and there was a lot of talk of him coming on loan in January. 

There is no paper talk yet, but most of its ******** anyway. 

I'm guessing with our previous interest, and him being released, it's only a matter of time before the red tops jump on it. 

Proven Championship player, scores goals, pace to burn, available on a free. Seems like a viable option, and an assumed friendship with Chris Martin may sway it?

i would love him here if we dont get vaughan, or maybe over vaughan! He'll obviously link well with martin and if i remember correctly, he had a half decent football brain so he'll be on the same level as hughes.

Suggested this guy before and just got the usual remakes about him not being proven at this level, only league two.

He wasn't really highly rated by Norwich fans - nothing to do with him not being more proven at this level, infact he scored goals at this level.

If we let go of a Theo Robinson to bring in a Theo Robinson, i'll be irritated though - we need a more technically sounds striker, it doesn't sound like he is, BUT, as with all signings - their history means nothing once they sign. 

If we get him I'll give him my full support! 

He wasn't really highly rated by Norwich fans - nothing to do with him not being more proven at this level, infact he scored goals at this level.

If we let go of a Theo Robinson to bring in a Theo Robinson, i'll be irritated though - we need a more technically sounds striker, it doesn't sound like he is, BUT, as with all signings - their history means nothing once they sign. 

If we get him I'll give him my full support! 

Agreed with all of this.

I think there might be some people who's opinion is somewhat subconsciously shaded by the hattrick he scored against us. I pointed it out before that he got 2 hattricks in his single Championship season (the other was in a game Norwich won 6-0) so 6 of his 13 goals came in just 2 games, against some pretty soft defending. He went on a 20 game streak without a goal that season too.

He has scored 4 Premiership goals for Norwich across 2 seasons, that's hardly impressive, but it's more than anyone else in our squad has managed at that level.

Agreed with all of this.

I think there might be some people who's opinion is somewhat subconsciously shaded by the hattrick he scored against us. I pointed it out before that he got 2 hattricks in his single Championship season (the other was in a game Norwich won 6-0) so 6 of his 13 goals came in just 2 games, against some pretty soft defending. He went on a 20 game streak without a goal that season too.

He has scored 4 Premiership goals for Norwich across 2 seasons, that's hardly impressive, but it's more than anyone else in our squad has managed at that level.

Charlton fans rave about Danny Haynes, but he isn't good enough for us - Norwich fans can't stand Simeon Jackson, yet we should do everything to sign him.

What gives?

It's people guessing at players ability.

In this instance there are a few factors coming into play

When it comes to 'facts':

Goalscoring record... Jackson wins

Injury record... Jackson wins

Experience of promotion from this league... Jackson wins

Experience of playing in the Premiership... Jackson wins

When it comes down to the opinions of the fans, it depends on where those teams are and what their expectations are:

A Charlton fan might rave about Haynes whilst a Norwich fan dislikes Jackson, but...

If Chartlon (as a Championship club) had Jackson, their fans might be raving about him, whereas...

If Norwich (as a Premiership club) had Haynes, their fans might think he's awful.

I can see why people prefer the idea of signing Jackson, I can't say that I think either sound like great signings on paper.

As you said though... "BUT, as with all signings - their history means nothing once they sign"

The interesting thing is that Norwich fans seem to much prefer James Vaughan to Simoen Jackson. The guy that posted a long write up on Chris Martin on here said that he was better than Simeon Jackson too.

I know Gillingham fans that never really rated Jackson when he was playing League 2.

After reading what the Norwich fan put about him on here I'm not very keen.

Think he's the kind of striker that will probably score 10-15 goals but is never gunna offer anything else.

Archived