Nigel out, Nigel in?

PistoldPete

clough out I say.

1. Bryson and Ward fit straight back in but appear to be shoe horned into the team

2. We had a team that was performing reasonably well and the balance appears to have been lost

3. Ward seems to be incapable of playing off the striker and either Welding himself to the touchline because its his natural position or he can hide out there

4. Roberts needs dropping and replacing with Freeman - younger, faster and more attacking

Agree, Bryson out on wing, formation wrong, can't or won't change it when not going right. We beat Watford 5 nil earlier in season, shows it dont take 4 years to build a team.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid i drop on the out side.

Don't get me wrong he's done some good things. Youth development and some of his signings on a budget are the highlights.

But there is also a list of failings.

I honestly believe that with a good tactician an motivator this squad would be top 8 come the end of the season. You have to remember that Nige took a hell of a long time to get Burton promoted and when he did he had a big budget and a team professional's in a semi-pro division.

Usually I would worry about who we would replace NC with, however Nigel Adkins isn't a bad shout at all.

Get the Yanks out, then I'm happy.

It's clear the squad needs 1 or 2 more experienced Championship players, but will we get them? No. We'll get a 20 year old who's never played in the Championship before because his wages are low.

They might be decent players, but we don't need any more of those types.

But hey, just my opinion, never been a fan of the owners. But I feel they can't take us any further.

Would I like adkins. Yes

Do I want clough out. No

However today was the first day I thought can clough do anymore for us. Give him the rest if the year and next season and then we'll see.

i said to a bloke at half time that Arsenal need to lose Wenger because they have gon stale and he cant do any more

sadly i think Clough has taken us as far as he can on the budget we are running - same argument

If the board had any sense they would move Clough to a scouting role within the club and bring in a more polished, tactically astute manager to replace him. But they won't as they are not that progressive or forward thinking. Instead we will be having the same debates about Clough's abilities next year.

Clough has been afforded more time than 90% of his colleagues in the rest of the football league. Questions are going to be asked at the end of this season as he moves towards his 5th year.

If the board had any sense they would move Clough to a scouting role within the club and bring in a more polished, tactically astute manager to replace him. But they won't as they are not that progressive or forward thinking. Instead we will be having the same debates about Clough's abilities next year.

Is it Clough that does the scouting now or is it his scouts?

Well Abu, a shot on target at home doesn't seem too much to ask. I have no problem with getting beaten, but I do expect the opposition to have had to work hard for their victory and to have earned it.

I feel quite disloyal thinking what I'm thinking about Nigel at the minute hopefully it's just because I've woke up with the hump and I'll see things differently later but right now I think he needs to pull his finger out sharpish.

If we don't get a result against Huddersfield next Saturday I can see my patience waning.

We've only lost a cup game against a team that cost more than ten times that ours has.

And we're above them in the league!

What do we really expect when the purse is empty?

What I would expect is some effort and some passion! Those attributes cost zero!!! ABJECT performance and level of interest unfortunately

I like Clough, I really do, but i wish we would play more positive (formation etc...) and play players in natural preffered positions. I had 15 smackers on us winning 2-0 today. Realised id made a massive mistake when I saw the team selection.

No Jacobs? Hughes is playing woefully, Bryson on the left? We may aswell have played with 9 men.

Just my opinion by the way!

2 ways to look at it

1. Could another manager have done any better with the money and tactics Clough has used

2. Could Clough do more with more money from the board

Seriously i am neither for Clough or against him, i do think that he could have made a few cheeky decent loan signings that are over 23 years of age but he hasnt, is that his choice or the boards , Could he have signed the likes of Jordan Rhodes , Charlie Austin, Gary Hooper , if the board would have backed him ??

The board and Nigel are happy with Championship football for the forseable future i reckon, i guess we will see post season when we sell Hughes for a hefty sum and see what he can do with that cash (if hes allowed)

As for his tactics ,,, he has to take 100% credit or blame for the way we play and the team he picks

Archived