Nigel out, Nigel in?

PistoldPete

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well who would you have lined up now that Guardiola has gone to Bayern?

Well given our situation.. the only manager that fits the bill of being foreign, having good contacts, renowned for liking positive flowing football, having coaching experience and possibly might be intrerested in coming here due to his history at Derby is...

Stefano Eranio

Other than him.. I can't see many other foreign managers being interested unless we were super rich or in the PL..

So if it's no to Eranio, I could live with Adkins, I'm sure he'd be more positive than nego Clough

We need fresh ideas and impetus. We have the nucleus of a good side with some decent youngsters, but I just can't see Clough building anything. He's been here 4 years and is still serving his apprenticeship as a manager. I just don't think that bus is ever going to arrive

clough out I say.

1. Bryson and Ward fit straight back in but appear to be shoe horned into the team

2. We had a team that was performing reasonably well and the balance appears to have been lost

3. Ward seems to be incapable of playing off the striker and either Welding himself to the touchline because its his natural position or he can hide out there

4. Roberts needs dropping and replacing with Freeman - younger, faster and more attacking

We need fresh ideas and impetus. We have the nucleus of a good side with some decent youngsters, but I just can't see Clough building anything. He's been here 4 years and is still serving his apprenticeship as a manager. I just don't think that bus is ever going to arrive

Ok Im playing devils advocate any Clough supporters here? Anyone for four more years?

I really really want Clough to go, for his own sake, I hope he realises if he hoped to build a legacy here he hasn't. He isn't going to be remembered because he hasn't accomplished anything in terms of us playing good football as a team, or failing to make any serious inroads in the league. Football is a results game, and he has been extremely lucky that we have an under ambitious board willing to back him, which is why he hasn't left. It's time for him to go because there's nothing left for him here. If we finish lower than 12th where does the leave us? We just go through the same cycling every 2 seasons with him. I'm fed up, and there are loads of other fans who have not renewed because they are disillusioned with a manager who is tactically inept and inexperienced in this league. Even after 4 years he doesn't know what a substitute is.

Archived