Nigel out, Nigel in?

PistoldPete

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He wont go anytime soon.

The wins at Forest and against Leeds will always save his teeth.

the owners seem pretty savvy i think if majority of fans voice anti-clough opinion they will move to change things - especially with season ticket renewal around the corner (the reason for Sam rush on radio this week saying his brief is promotion and if we don't get it this season we will be absolutely committed to it next season.)

As much as I'm not overly impressed with Nige, I don't think our team is much better than midtable. Lots of youngsters who are full of mistakes, experienced defenders who are full of mistakes, centre mids who don't get involved enough and get over-run despite having an extra bod, strikers who's first touches are some of the worst I've ever seen in football..

Our defence is awful. I thought Keogh would be a good replacement for Shackell but as the season goes on he's proving more and more dodgy by the week. OB at the side of him hasn't got a clue, Roberts nearly past it.

I'm not a fan of Clough's team selections and subs sometimes but we're hardly spoiled with good players. Jeff Hendrick is our top performer and all he does is pass ******* sideways. Speaks volumes.

I would accept Adkins in but I would rather us get three players that would make us stronger team which actually could achieve something.

What's the point getting new players when he can't effectively manage the ones he has? The team he played today are all his signings or players that he has agreed to promote from the academy. He has no excuses anymore. He's also brought other payers in that he has got rid of or loaned out because its easier to loan a player out than admit he made a mistake signing them initially(Naylor, McGuire, Pringle. Etc). When will people realize that Nigel Clough is running the club without knowing exactly what he is doing.

What's the point getting new players when he can't effectively manage the ones he has? The team he played today are all his signings or players that he has agreed to promote from the academy. He has no excuses anymore. He's also brought other payers in that he has got rid of or loaned out because its easier to loan a player out than admit he made a mistake signing them initially(Naylor, McGuire, Pringle. Etc). When will people realize that Nigel Clough is running the club without knowing exactly what he is doing.

Such a **** excuse. Every manager does this. Every ******* one.

Sir Alex brought in Bebe, Obertan, Djemba Djemba.. the list goes on. He's obviously a pile of **** too then?

We are doing ok this season we are above Blackburn in the league with young players . Fans are expecting too much with a low budget team.

Then the board need to put more money into the team, not nessessarily more money into the club, but investing it in players, rather than paying off long term debt or buying a £1 million screen. Something has to change

Oh my.

Why are we mentioning Adkins? Its unrealistic. Would i like him? Of course I would. Would I like Messi? Obviously. Can We have them? No we can't. Every ex proffesional and manager pretty much says "Nigel has done a fantastic job". Why can't you admit it? I saw someone mention that we did not shoot enough and that is fair enough TODAY. All season we batter teams and hammer at defences and score many goals. This is the first game this season where we have had a proper off day with performance and result and I saw someone else talk about a legacy and tt not working. How long do you think it takes to form a legacy? not 4 years. Clough is building a team that in a couple of years will be challenging, I just know it. Few tweaks in the summer including a couple of experienced faces and a left back and striker then again, I think we will improve. We have improved year on year and we have got players coming through that have potential to be Premier League players, no doubt. I knew as soon as Clough came that we would be in for the long haul because I'm not living in some dream world. Football is realistic and so am I. Unfortunatley, some people built him up at first and then threw him from a great height without helping him up, the same ones that turned up against Hull and booed at the final whistle. It was a bad performance and result today and I am disssapointed but I know that whatever happens, the lads will give it their best and Clough loves this club and eventually like many others that have been patient, we will get rewarded. Ask this question "Clough in or out?" when we next win a game and then look at the different responses. That is because this is football and it is just how we react to different situations but I know that win, lose or draw, my reaction will be the same.

I have looked at this board and everyone's moaning when we lose and rejoicing when we win over hte last couple of months and I believe this is thd day where I had to say something.

CLOUGH IN!

Oh my.

Why are we mentioning Adkins? Its unrealistic. Would i like him? Of course I would. Would I like Messi? Obviously. Can We have them? No we can't. Every ex proffesional and manager pretty much says "Nigel has done a fantastic job". Why can't you admit it? I saw someone mention that we did not shoot enough and that is fair enough TODAY. All season we batter teams and hammer at defences and score many goals. This is the first game this season where we have had a proper off day with performance and result and I saw someone else talk about a legacy and tt not working. How long do you think it takes to form a legacy? not 4 years. Clough is building a team that in a couple of years will be challenging, I just know it. Few tweaks in the summer including a couple of experienced faces and a left back and striker then again, I think we will improve. We have improved year on year and we have got players coming through that have potential to be Premier League players, no doubt. I knew as soon as Clough came that we would be in for the long haul because I'm not living in some dream world. Football is realistic and so am I. Unfortunatley, some people built him up at first and then threw him from a great height without helping him up, the same ones that turned up against Hull and booed at the final whistle. It was a bad performance and result today and I am disssapointed but I know that whatever happens, the lads will give it their best and Clough loves this club and eventually like many others that have been patient, we will get rewarded. Ask this question "Clough in or out?" when we next win a game and then look at the different responses. That is because this is football and it is just how we react to different situations but I know that win, lose or draw, my reaction will be the same.

I have looked at this board and everyone's moaning when we lose and rejoicing when we win over hte last couple of months and I believe this is thd day where I had to say something.

CLOUGH IN!

You don't seem to know that football is a results based game and its really unfair on fans paying hundreds of pounds for season tickets over 4 years and to see no improvement is really disheartening, 4 years is a long time in football, especially to not see any results, if you look at the longest serving managers, they have largely been successful. If its a long term project, then tell me when your finished so I can see the club I love again, I don't want to pay £400 quid a season to see us come 13th, I want to see Derby County!

I've been a long term critic of Clough and the board because nothing has happened in 4 years, they have cut wages and costs but the debt is STILL going up. *******ng unbelievable

We've not improved to the extend of Hull, Boro, Palace, Brighton, Millwall and Watford.

Non of those clubs on paper have better facilities and players coming through than ourselves.

We spent 1.2 million on a striker, who is not better than the 370,000 spent on Theo Robinson. We have been linked to a Forest player who can't hit a barn door and we often have the joy of seeing Conor Doyle sitting on the bench ready to turn the game on it's neck.

Maybe that's why supporters feel disgruntled?

Few tweaks in the summer including a couple of experienced faces and a left back and striker then again, I think we will improve.

I don't disagree with anything you've said and I also think that with the mentioned players we'd be much better off, I'd like to know if you realistically think this will happen though? Every year we've needed the same positions strengthened but here we are, 4 years on without them.

Maybe if we cash in on Hughes. If not, I can't see it.

Archived