Falling Attendances

Rich3478

hey you got sale of shackall wrong and you tell me that i need to my reasearch shackall went for 1.1m which is a total joke, everyone knew he was worth at least 3 to 4m. so don't tell me i am not brain washed by want the yanks says.

on what bases was Shackell worth between 3 and 4 million pounds? From what I saw, we had a capable championship defender who has made several side step moves in his career and will highly likely make 1 or 2 more, he was good but his level is where he is at now. It's definitely not the 'yanks' fault Burnley didn't pay £3million for him, he simply isn't worth it. Take your Derby County tinted glasses off for once.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on what bases was Shackell worth between 3 and 4 million pounds? From what I saw, we had a capable championship defender who has made several side step moves in his career and will highly likely make 1 or 2 more, he was good but his level is where he is at now. It's definitely not the 'yanks' fault Burnley didn't pay £3million for him, he simply isn't worth it. Take your Derby County tinted glasses off for once.

Yep they usually go for what they are worth unless its tom huddlestone

Yep they usually go for what they are worth unless its tom huddlestone

fair point with huddlestone, don't get me wrong with Shackell I thought he has been possibly our best defender since the fully fit Leacock, the season we gained promotion but he definitely isn't worth anything more than £2million at a push, £1.5million is realistic!

Disagree with the leacock. Never really liked him. He thought he was better than he was. He spent too much time injured and i was glad when he went. He had a few good games but so did morton biscard.

like I said, the season we got promoted and he had a full season where he was fit, that's the only time I rated him. Injury and like everybody else, the premiership season killed him!

hey you got sale of shackall wrong and you tell me that i need to my reasearch shackall went for 1.1m which is a total joke, everyone knew he was worth at least 3 to 4m. so don't tell me i am not brain washed by want the yanks says.

Nonsense.

If Shackell was worth that amount, he would be playing in the Premier League and not for Burnley.

And how do you know I got the sale of Shackell wrong? Probably because I looked at the accounts and said it seemed very unlikely that we had got the figure which I had mentioned. It could be that the transfer fees in the accounts are stated after sell on clauses etc and the Shackell fee could therefore have been £1.7million, I was just saying in my opinion it seems unlikely.

Everyone knows Shackell was worth £3 to £4million? I don't know that. Fo that amount of money I would want a defender with much better distriubution than we got from him. If Shackell was worth £3 to £4million then whoever did our transfer negotiations deserves a lot of praise for getting Keogh for around the same price because he is equally as good as Shackell.

Please tell me why I have been 'brainw washed by what the yanks say'

Have you found us a new potential owner yet who would match the £50million that our current owners have spent?

B4ev6is said:

"hey you got sale of shackall wrong and you tell me that i need to my reasearch shackall went for 1.1m which is a total joke, everyone knew he was worth at least 3 to 4m. so don't tell me i am not brain washed by want the yanks says."

If he was worth £3-4 million then the "yanks" should have been applauded for signing him for £750,000. Prior to us signing him Shackell had a near identical season with Barnsley to the one he had with Derby so I'm not sure what you believe he did at Derby to warrant x5 increase in his value. Good solid Championship centre halves go for around £1million. At the end of the season he played with us he was not voted in the PFA top four defenders in the Championship, I remember no debate on this on any of the forums at the time suggesting that this was in anyway controversial so I suggest he wasn't particularly close to being voted onto this list. He is a good player, but there are plenty of good central defenders in the Championship, if he was good enough for the Prem someone would have given him a go by now, so his value reflects what he is rather than any potential.

Given we paid £750,000 after he had been Barnsley's best defender playing almost every game (sound familiar) I think sale proceeds of between £1.1 and £1.7 million depending who you believe was reasonable business financially. I didn't want him to go but he did which was shocking, however, I don't think the fee was the problem.....

Back to topic..I know Savage was a w**k footballer, but folks got off their arses to go and see him

cos he had character/charisma.. i'm convinced a similar character, (who could play a bit), would maybe

increase attendances to warrant their higher wages ?

Back to topic..I know Savage was a w**k footballer, but folks got off their arses to go and see him

cos he had character/charisma.. i'm convinced a similar character, (who could play a bit), would maybe

increase attendances to warrant their higher wages ?

We need a player with awesome hair! Lego may be Mr Cool but we need crazy hair... An Idiakez mullet would be welcome..

We need a player with awesome hair! Lego may be Mr Cool but we need crazy hair... An Idiakez mullet would be welcome..

I wouldn't pay to see a hairstyle, but I might be more tempted if Owen, Scholes or Giggsy turned out for us..

Archived