Falling Attendances

Rich3478

It makes me laugh when our fans take the moral high ground over the likes of Leicester.

Our board have put in 50 million so far and failed to get us higher than mid table in the second division.

Leicester's board have put in a similar amount and sit poised near the top with a far better squad, but somehow that makes our board and manager better because we're 'doing it the right way'.

Really?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. They haven't failed yet though have they? We all want them to, but, suppose they get promoted, and stay up there? You wouldn't be jealous then?

No, the only club I care about is Derby, I couldn't care less about anyone else.

Unlike most I don't crave a quick return to the Premier League to watch us be humiliated week in week out in a league where it would take years for us to be able to compete for anything other than 16th place.

It makes me laugh when our fans take the moral high ground over the likes of Leicester.

Our board have put in 50 million so far and failed to get us higher than mid table in the second division.

Leicester's board have put in a similar amount and sit poised near the top with a far better squad, but somehow that makes our board and manager better because we're 'doing it the right way'.

Really?

If I recall Leicester went bankrupt when they got relegated from the PL so they wrote off big debts. They also went down into league 1. The £50m put in to Derby has covered huge debts not paid for players.

If I recall Leicester went bankrupt when they got relegated from the PL so they wrote off big debts. They also went down into league 1. The £50m put in to Derby has covered huge debts not paid for players.

You might have a point there if our board had actually got rid of our debt, but it's the same now as when they took over.

The £52.6m put in included £16m for the outright purchase of the club,hence the amount "put in to Derby" is £36.6m.I won't even bother again with the debt issue.I think you'll find that we spent a sizeable amount in terms of both fees and high,unsustainable wages to try and get out in 08/09,which is why curb is right in saying that we tried to do a Leicester.You might also be surprised at what we've spent since on fees and agents'fees etc.

Losses may have had to be covered since,but much of it was of their own making.When I first started posting on the DET board,I was taking on an avalanche of posters who were always talking of the big bank of cash coming in the next window (Leicester talk).When tomorrow didn't appear to be coming,the bucket with holes was invented,which when fixed would lead to....yes,you've got it,the big bank of cash.When that one didn't work,the moral high ground was all that was left to save face for some.

Now if I'd predicted what is currently happening when I first joined the DET,some very nasty things would have been done to me before I was crucified. I now look around the boards and see one or two that didn't think I had the right to say boo to a goose criticise the owners to their heart's content.The sheer hypocrisy is amazing.

No but they didn't have to pick there debt up either. They only had to pay mandric a few quid for them.

The price our owners paid for the club was at a hefty discount to the net assets.The net assets included the debt you talk of.The net assets didn't reflect the Prem money that was still to come.

Over £9m of new secured borrowing was taken out in 08/09.Which ownership group was responsible for that? (and I talk of 08/09 accounts before they were restated to include the £3m revolving loan).

hey i have had a season ticket since pp opened

hey i want the yanks out as possabile because they are lieing gits

they spent hardly anything they have promised to spend on the team when they first joined.

I've found a couple of things said in the past which aren't backed up in the accounts,B4,so I'm not without total sympathy for what you say.When Sam Rush was appointed I just asked that he gave it to us straight.So far,so good-2 out of 2.He said we'd spent £3.6m on players in the summer,and he said that the total investment is now over £50m,both of which are seen to be correct.Let's just see what unfolds.

well what they mean by investment is bring new food into pp and the screens and keep changeing ticket office, but i mean in players wise a lot of clubs have spent more than us, infact most teams have better players because there willing to take the risk on a player or players i don't believe a single thing they say to us. and like that season when they said on that good cup run that nigal can keep of what ever he created in sales or cup money well next thing there saying they he can not have a single penny of it.

The reason I asked SR to be straight with us is that,because of my 'discoveries' in two particular areas,I never trusted what his predecessor said in other areas (the playing side).I sincerely hope they've learned their lesson,because that kind of thing is a turn off for some (some just turn a blind eye).I remember on the' phone in' a couple of weeks ago,a guy came on to say a number of friends hadn't renewed because they didn't trust the owners,proving it's a turn off for some.SR has to recognise and address this issue imo.

You're right about summer 09.AP said that Nigel had a budget plus whatever he made on sales.That was the start of the mistrust.

Ramblur -can I ask a simple question? In your opinion, since they took over, have the owners made a profit or a loss (including fees taken out as pay for employees not directly involved in delivering the DCFC "product", if you get me), and what kind of scale are we talking?

I think some people think a big club like this should be profitable,and failure means its being creamed off. Others seem to think if the owners claimed to have invested 50 million, that 35 or so million is somehow an insult, and lose some perspective of the figures were talking about.

i think we would be lucky if they have invested 6m in players over the years, and i am getting sick and tired of it, and if they really want to get promation they need to spend some money for godsake, and take a risk because sometimes that is what needed, to take this club fowards.

Ramblur -can I ask a simple question? In your opinion, since they took over, have the owners made a profit or a loss (including fees taken out as pay for employees not directly involved in delivering the DCFC "product", if you get me), and what kind of scale are we talking?

I think some people think a big club like this should be profitable,and failure means its being creamed off. Others seem to think if the owners claimed to have invested 50 million, that 35 or so million is somehow an insult, and lose some perspective of the figures were talking about.

Unless there are some serious misdemeanours hidden away somewhere (and I'm by no stretch of the imagination saying there are), then they're sitting on a pretty hefty 'loss' at the moment.The only way I can define the loss is by saying,in my humble opinion,they wouldn't have a cat in hell's chance of selling the club on for £52.6m at this point in time.If they produce a couple of what turn out to be megastars,then the picture would change dramatically.

As far as the GSE management charge goes (£60k last year,not yet paid-or should I say as at 30 June),I think fans should just treat this as the equivalent of director's emolument for AA,who doesn't appear to take one within DCFC.£60k seems reasonable to me for the work he obviously puts in behind the scenes.

The £35m is a decent amount.Unfortunately it appears that the lion's share went into an "all,or a heck of a lot of,your eggs in one basket ) approach,and I believe the costof this,and its aftermath,have left us in our current position.Sad,but probably true.

Archived