Is the season now over?

Boycie

I admire your optimism,but then again,if you didn't have it the season (apart from the cup) really would be dead.Even if we did what you hoped,I'm not sure that you could reasonably expect a young side to deal with the mental pressures of 'squeaky bum' time.Thinking about it,do we actually have anyone in the squad who's experienced life near the top towards a season end at this level?

You say the young squad dont really have it in them towards the end of the season in the big games but Nigel's team tend to do well against the sides higher in the league and then lose to teams like Peterborough Huddersfield.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say the young squad dont really have it in them towards the end of the season in the big games but Nigel's team tend to do well against the sides higher in the league and then lose to teams like Peterborough Huddersfield.

Not really the same thing though,Shabash.The hardest part is getting over the line,once you get into a position to enable you to threaten it.Think of all the tennis players that have failed to serve out a match, when they'd been serving perfectly well up to that point.Mental pressure,nothing else.

Not really the same thing though,Shabash.The hardest part is getting over the line,once you get into a position to enable you to threaten it.Think of all the tennis players that have failed to serve out a match, when they'd been serving perfectly well up to that point.Mental pressure,nothing else.

I see what you mean in fairness. To be honest we need to get near the playoffs first before we even have the chance to play important games.

I'll be a pain and reopen it 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

The bile that was being tweeted to the #dcfc hashtag last week by Forest fans was disgusting. They can not possibly be true fans can they. Trouble was some of ours got drawn in as well. I tend to use the #ramsfans tag its far better. Although some enterprising sole made up #banternotbile which seemed to work for a while

Not read all the posts because its a blatant wum thread.

fwiw , this young team can continue to improve and play some good football. We could well end up top home scorers in the league this season - currently 3 goals behind Lessta and Palace - no reason why we can't keep that up.

I'm really enjoying seeing players like Hendrick and Hughes coming through the ranks and blossoming in this league. Hopefully Mason and Freeman will get a few more run outs and we'll finish the season spanking a few teams, losing one or two and finishing about 8th.

Oh, and winning the cup, obviously.

Season is over, unless we make some signings (which isn't going to happen) I can see us coming maybe 11th? 12th?

Need a striker to fill in the vaccum that's been left with now Tysons gone.

I disagree.

Theo and Bennett will comfortably fill the gap left by tyson. Also the emergence of Jacobs will help as a second striker. Also ward returning from injury is a new signing in my eyes. And as I have said before if we pick up 9 points or more from the next 4 games there is still a chance. Not to mention the cup game. That's just my thoughts, fair enough if you think the season is gone I can't change your opinion.

Archived