Is the season now over?

Boycie

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i made the same comment in the forest treequel thread.

Defensively I suppose he was quite steady (in that they didn't get much joy going past him) but it seemed all he wanted to do was hoof it anywhere as soon as he got the ball.

Offers very little going forward hence why there is so much pressure on Brayford and Coutts to perform.

In fairness to Roberts he was given very little protection until Bryson was moved to the left. There wre 2 or 3 occasions first half (their goal included I think) where Roberts was left to mark 2 men as Ward just stood there and didn't track back.

The season was over a long time ago, yesterday's game was a highlight in the calendar that proved to be a damp squid.

However some fans feel a good season is beating last years points total or position, they are happy finishing the 30th best team in the country, which is fair enough. We haven't got or willing to spend the funds to compete, our manager sets us up to not lose rather than win at the risk of losing, we haven't beaten a club from the top league under cloughs tenure (I don't think?), and we are in the middle of a transfer window where we expect one or more of our best players to be sold from under us, all IMO only of course.....

I just noticed what others had retweeted, a game of football resulting in others being wished career threatening injuries shows what ****** are about.

I'm an idiot as old Uttox 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> will confirm but it's just the behaviour of scum to wish things like that on folk!

For me as long its mathematically possible for us to make the play offs then the season isn't over although i believe we need to hit a purple patch of form to have a chance of making it but sod it i'll hold out hope until its impossible, stranger things have happened, like Forest not losing yesterday 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

The season was over a long time ago, yesterday's game was a highlight in the calendar that proved to be a damp squid.

However some fans feel a good season is beating last years points total or position, they are happy finishing the 30th best team in the country, which is fair enough. We haven't got or willing to spend the funds to compete, our manager sets us up to not lose rather than win at the risk of losing, we haven't beaten a club from the top league under cloughs tenure (I don't think?), and we are in the middle of a transfer window where we expect one or more of our best players to be sold from under us, all IMO only of course.....

Is that the same as a damp squib but in snowy conditions?! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

To be fair we haven't played many teams from the top division under Cloughs tenure, unless you count the Man United match on the day he took over the reins.

We are on the verge of our biggest game of the season thus far. An winnable F.A. cup match which (given a good draw in the next round and possible TV revenue), could erase 20% of the 7.8M loss we just announced.

The future is bright.

I'm really excited about the second half of this season. The first half's been good with improved performances. We've put ourselves in a position where we are close to challenging for a play off spot.

Stop being such a miserable sod.

(Why am I biting)?

Quite right,the cup match is massively important to Nigel in terms of transfer spend.Any cash loss has already been underwritten by the owners for 11/12.You probably meant any cash loss for this year.

Realistically the play offs are a possibility. But we'd struggle to reach them. The aim now is top 10 and more points than last year. Keep on improving and all that, keep on improving we'll eventually go up.

Plus there's the FA cup be nice to have a cup run and do a Bradford.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'll be at every home game left, and maybe a couple away, Deffo sheff Wendy.

But, there's no excitement in it.

I'll go again next year, and the year after.

If the owners are viewing, please, please give us something, something to cheer us, something to lift our spirits.

Maybe it's just the result yesterday? It feels like a loss to me, 3 points would have totally lifted the mood.

But, long term? What is there?

.....Dexter blackstock on a free?

What a bloody depressing thread, It wasn't the best game yesterday, The atmosphere was the worst I have known a local Derby for many years.

Too many twitter trolls before and after the game ruined it for many. Fans on both sides being careful not to chant anything they shouldn't so very little interaction with each other. We didn't even react when Lansbury came over to take a corner kissing the badge on his shirt..Years ago you would have been climbing over the barriers to get at him

All the racket from the PA system drowns out the chanting just before KO and undermines the atmosphere..........

Heres Rammy!!!

I wonder if yesterday was the first real sign that Roberts legs are going (or was I the only that thought that?)

I certainly hope for the last 5 or 10 games we see a bit of Freeman, Hoganson and Gjokaj.

From what I have seen I see Gjokaj rather than O'Brien as a better long term prospect for playing alongside Keogh.

Didn't have his best game but was by no means the worst player. Cant say his legs are going after one performance, im sure many people were saying his legs were gone a few seasons ago and he has gone on to be our most consistantly good performer since.

Quite right,the cup match is massively important to Nigel in terms of transfer spend.Any cash loss has already been underwritten by the owners for 11/12.You probably meant any cash loss for this year.

This year, last year, next year. It's all cash in the bank.

The amount available for a cup run is quite astonishing if you are one of the selected television games.

Winning that one tie against Blackburn may well determine whether or not we hang on to Brayford or Hughes. I believe it is that important.

I just hope the supporters put their hands in their pockets and fork out the fairly well priced tickets as our last home gate against Tranmere was an embarrassment to this great club. I really do question our fans at times when we can only get 11,000 for a home game in the FA Cup.

Archived