7.9m loss to June 2012

davenportram

I'm far from convinced that anyone would buy a club of our size for mega bucks even if we got to the Prem.Everton are experiencing great difficulty in attracting investment,and they've got a good team/very good manager.I would have thought the way to make money would be to get a club promoted whilst spending a reasonable amount.

For Everton i think the big issue is their ground and that is putting off potential buyers.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting the right balance is key,however.I think we're a tad undercooked.

We are expanding our revenue streams and have other options still left. The advertising screen/big screen money.+ Pride Park Plaza. I think that up next is selling the stadium naming rights. How much revenue per year can we realistically expect to generate from Pride Park Plaza and the sale of stadium naming rights?

I'm not sure i like that phrase

No its not the words to put a smile on your face is it.

I would say about 90% of the current squad would sell for a profit if sold so accounts wise thats very good news and in recent years its been very much the opposite!

We're set midtable losing 7M a year with a wafer thin squad. Rush's script writer must be burning the midnight oil tonight, I await the positive spin..."commitment of the owners"...all to be expected. The current "plan" is about as far from the original touted on takeover as one could possibly conceive, anyone saying otherwise is in complete denial.

We are expanding our revenue streams and have other options still left. The advertising screen/big screen money.+ Pride Park Plaza. I think that up next is selling the stadium naming rights. How much revenue per year can we realistically expect to generate from Pride Park Plaza and the sale of stadium naming rights?

Haven't a clue-a lot depends on our share of the Plaza pie.You forgot to mention contracting match receipts,which has become a trend.

We're set midtable losing 7M a year with a wafer thin squad. Rush's script writer must be burning the midnight oil tonight, I await the positive spin..."commitment of the owners"...all to be expected. The current "plan" is about as far from the original touted on takeover as one could possibly conceive, anyone saying otherwise is in complete denial.

The original plan had a big chunk of Adam Pearson in it. Since he left, the Glick/Clough axis has been working to an altogether different strategy and SR will be continuing that strategy. "Global brand" is yesterdays news. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> For now. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

New on here, but I agree that the owners have a glass half full approach to this "business". 12th best supported team in England means we are definitely a premier league team. We shouldn't be aiming to win it as thats not going to happen without massive investment. But we shouldn't be a team battling relegation year on year either. We are petty much an Everton......and a good manager combined with good youth development policy combined with the incremental earnings from playing in the top division......its more likely the "business" will generate an operating profit than as it is......a mid-table, under-performing second tier league club

I genuinely don't know what to make of the loss. £7.8m seems far fetched to me, if that is a true figure there is no chance of derby county being run as a profitable business in the championship.

Sale of Hughes could cover this loss, however it weakens the chances of promotion. Probably also weaken attendances even further.

Starting to look as if the only way to succeed in football is to be financed by someone prepared to write off vast sums of cash each year.

Managed right and there is profit to me made, Blackpool 20m and Newcastle 10m are good examples.

WBA are another profitable club, and I think 9 clubs posted a profit including the big boys.

The big boys made a profit? I thought they were financed by massive injections of cash. Certainly in Man City & Chelsea case. Man U are saddled with massive debt against the Glaziers purchase of the club. Not sure about Arsenal though.

That being said, definately seen bigger improvement this season than any other under Clough.

Good to see a team of young, hungry, British players who play the game in a good spirit. Some academy, some signed while young, others signed for larger fees. There seems to be a genuine passion for derby county from the players, with little or no passengers in the squad.

But the fact remains each season there seems to be a new club throwing bags of cash around, overtaking what we've built in five years over one summer.

Agree ours is the correct way, just being to doubt how feasible it is a plan for promotion.

The original plan had a big chunk of Adam Pearson in it. Since he left, the Glick/Clough axis has been working to an altogether different strategy and SR will be continuing that strategy. "Global brand" is yesterdays news. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> For now. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

TBF to Pearson and Jewell (although it hurts), when GSE came in saying they were going to invest £50m they must have thought we couldn't go wrong, I remember them being very upbeat for the first few months, then they must have realised that it was staggered investment and they would have to raise money for players from outgoings, the mood changed very quickly as we started signing anybody on a free. The rest, as they say, is history.

As Ramblur has pointed out, we don't know exactly what the loss is made up of. £7.9million sounds a lot but if £xmillion of that is depreciation, £x million players contracts written off (not sure who left in this year without looking) and £x million interest then suddenly the situation is not as bad as it first looks.

If the screens do generate £1 or £2 million then it is quite possible that we could still be heading towards a cash break even situation.

I imagine Green leaving has probably removed another large chunk from the wage bill and if Tyson follows him out of the door this summer that could be another large saving.

No evidence to back up the above as I have not seen the accounts yet by the way!

Another point which someone mentioned to me not long back was that they believe the owners are running up large costs on travel and accomodation. He also said that virtually every week people visit from America.

As most of you will know I am quite in favour of the way the club is being run but thought this point should be raised to see if anyone had any further informaton on it....not that it really matters if the owners are funding the losses anyway!

TBF to Pearson and Jewell (although it hurts), when GSE came in saying they were going to invest £50m they must have thought we couldn't go wrong, I remember them being very upbeat for the first few months, then they must have realised that it was staggered investment and they would have to raise money for players from outgoings, the mood changed very quickly as we started signing anybody on a free. The rest, as they say, is history.

No need to be fair to Pearson, he was the one who brought the new owners in!

Archived