7.9m loss to June 2012

davenportram

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what is the difference between that and what Leicester's owners are doing other than time?

It is looking likely that promotion is the only option for profitability. Leaving aside buying the clubs. If Leicester's owners throw £50m at it and try to get up quickly whilst ours put in £50m over 8 seasons and hope to fluke promotion, is there that much difference? Both are gambles, but Leicester's version at least has a track record of success. If both fail, both owners are £50m down. Is one way really so much more sensible than the other?

If you look at all the fees we paid from Sav through to Varney,we obviously tried a 'Leicester' in 08/09 and have been paying for it ever since.Unfortunately Leicester,in general,appear to have recruited better players.

not too bothered about these it won't be next years accounts or even the ones after where we start to see lower losses due to the big screen (reported 1mil rev pa), the two screens outside pp, the plaza etc

The way things are going,the screen income will just be covering other falling revenues.Plaza will be interesting if it's to be financed externally-the third party won't be doing it out of charity.

Hey Ramblur, would you have any idea where the money is going? It is incomprehensible to me that we are making this much of a net loss considering GSE have been a big effort to get the club breaking even, i simply don't get it.

Same place as last year I suppose! I get the feeling that we spend a lot more on non player activities than others,but I've never been able to put my finger on it (and I'm not suggesting anything untoward).

It is looking likely that promotion is the only option for profitability. Leaving aside buying the clubs. If Leicester's owners throw £50m at it and try to get up quickly whilst ours put in £50m over 8 seasons and hope to fluke promotion, is there that much difference? Both are gambles, but Leicester's version at least has a track record of success. If both fail, both owners are £50m down. Is one way really so much more sensible than the other?

Good point, and the fact that Leicester will make hundreds of millions whilst in the prem in those 8 years, to me it's a no brainer

I'd be interested to know if we are making anything from the catering in the ground? I assume that the accounts will shed some light.

From memory, I thought it was reported that GSE had sold the rights off on a five year deal, then they cancelled the contract, then it was reprted to be a ten year deal - but I could be wildly wrong with all that.

I wonder what selling off the catering rights actually means? All profits go to the catering company and DCFC get nothing for 5 or 10 years? DCFC get a cut of the take/profit? DCFC get an annual payment?

If the club do get a cut in the profits then the reduction in attendences this year will (unless shorter queues result in more sales) equate to lower income from the catering concessions, which will obviously compound the reduction in income from ticket sales.

Same place as last year I suppose! I get the feeling that we spend a lot more on non player activities than others,but I've never been able to put my finger on it (and I'm not suggesting anything untoward).

In this regard i would guess youth recruitment, networking and the like, would be more reassuring to me if this is the case (altho whether such thing would cost so much, i have no idea).

Good point, and the fact that Leicester will make hundreds of millions whilst in the prem in those 8 years, to me it's a no brainer

Only if they get promoted of course, but I'd say that they are more likely to get there than we are. If there owners have deep enough pockets to keep throwing money around, I would say that promotion for them is bound to happen eventually. That means that they are likely to suffer losses for a far shorter period than our owners. Big losses for a short period vs smallish losses for years and years.

I think that you'd have to be insane to invest in a football club, but if I had to chose a method to do it, then it wouldn't be ours.

I'd be interested to know if we are making anything from the catering in the ground? I assume that the accounts will shed some light.

From memory, I thought it was reported that GSE had sold the rights off on a five year deal, then they cancelled the contract, then it was reprted to be a ten year deal - but I could be wildly wrong with all that.

I wonder what selling off the catering rights actually means? All profits go to the catering company and DCFC get nothing for 5 or 10 years? DCFC get a cut of the take/profit? DCFC get an annual payment?

If the club do get a cut in the profits then the reduction in attendences this year will (unless shorter queues result in more sales) equate to lower income from the catering concessions, which will obviously compound the reduction in income from ticket sales.

Embedded within a global figure,I'm afraid.Seem to remember it was a 10 year deal at the outset-structure of deal completely unknown (usual blurb about enhancing the matchday experience).

In this regard i would guess youth recruitment, networking and the like, would be more reassuring to me if this is the case (altho whether such thing would cost so much, i have no idea).

Wouldn't have thought youth recruitment would have increased that much during their time.Sure,more coaches (as the major expense),but I've no idea what such coaches are paid.If Nige is modestly paid,then I assume everyone else graduates downward from him.

Archived