4th Round Draw

-JW-

Did he really?!

To be fair, i have to applaud Townsend - simply for refusing to accept that such an obvious lack of footballing knowledge/insight should impede his right to make a career in football punditry. I miss his "tactics truck" - his personal interpretation of the Anfield Boot Room, in which he curiously neglected to highlight any actual tactics but never failed to make a point about players having "passion", "work ethic" & "really really wanting it Matt".

Stirring stuff

Stirring stuff indeed, in fact he stirs me so much, I sometimes have to mute the sound when watching the footie on ITV.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny how this tie is deemed as 'easily winnable' yet a few months ago we got a 'very good home point' against them because apparently they've got some sort of super squad..

Let me guess, if we win Clough's a genuis and if we lose it's because Clough doesn't have the resources to compete against their quality squad..

Either way any home draw against fellow NPC opposition or below can only be classed as a great draw if we're looking to go through.. Drawing Tranmere and then Blackburn at home is fortunate and we should try and take advantage of that..

(snip)

Drawing Tranmere and then Blackburn at home is fortunate and we should try and take advantage of that..

Very astute observation.

theyd lost 2 out of 10 league games- winning 4 and drawing 4 and were unbeaten away. At that time it was a good result

their form since has changed signigicantly

They had won only 1 in 5 away games and were on the back of 0 wins in 4 having suffered home losses againt Wolves and Boro.. They were out of form then..

Yet now it's very winnable..

It makes no sense.. It's like Stoke claiming a home draw agains Fulham as a 'very good point' because of the difference in budgets and Pulis is doing a great job in competing blah blah and then 2 months later drawing them at home in the cup and saying it's very winnable off the back of a games inbetween..

Or is it now we've realised that budgets mean feck all in the NPC and anyone can beat anyone? So a home draw against anyone should be regarded as 2 points lost unless in extreme circumstances..

Archived