4th Round Draw

-JW-

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winnable game, home, take another 50k plus prize money and another 40-50k from the gate, progress to the next round.

Players won't be distracted by this game for the league games against Brighton and Forest.

Tickets will I am sure only be a tenner again.

I will take this.

Hmmm can't make my mind up if this is a good draw or not - very winnable with us being at home but like others say, Blackburn are very unpredictable. An definite opportunity to make round 5 though.

It is undoubtedly a very dull draw though - they're a bit of a nothing club, they won't bring many & I can't see us packing the place out either.

Hmmm can't make my mind up if this is a good draw or not - very winnable with us being at home but like others say, Blackburn are very unpredictable. An definite opportunity to make round 5 though.

It is undoubtedly a very dull draw though - they're a bit of a nothing club, they won't bring many & I can't see us packing the place out either.

Andy Townsend said last night they're "a very big club for that division", I'm sure the city will come alive in that fixture. In fact, I hope that Blackburn have noticed a wee club like us, and I feel very privileged to have a former Premier League side coming to Pride Park twice this season. Hope we bring out the red carpet.

You can't argue with Townsend, he said yesterday that if Welbeck had just placed his shot where the 'keeper couldn't save it, it would have been a goal. True footballing man he is.

I'd agree with that.From a purely selfish viewpoint,as an exile who's unable to travel long distances,I was hoping for a televised tie.Can't see this one being on the box .

Andy Townsend said last night they're "a very big club for that division", I'm sure the city will come alive in that fixture. In fact, I hope that Blackburn have noticed a wee club like us, and I feel very privileged to have a former Premier League side coming to Pride Park twice this season. Hope we bring out the red carpet.

Did he really?!

To be fair, i have to applaud Townsend - simply for refusing to accept that such an obvious lack of footballing knowledge/insight should impede his right to make a career in football punditry. I miss his "tactics truck" - his personal interpretation of the Anfield Boot Room, in which he curiously neglected to highlight any actual tactics but never failed to make a point about players having "passion", "work ethic" & "really really wanting it Matt".

Stirring stuff

Archived