Why waste our time with Sammon...

I am aged 49 and I regularly attend Derby home matches but have to travel a good distance to see them play as I live in Skipton, Yorkshire. I was brought up in Derbyshire however and was schooled in Wirksworth until I moved to Yorkshire at the age of 11. I sometimes pop back down to Wirksworth and visit the church, St Mary's, as it is a fine piece of architecture. My favorite Derby County of all time is Roy McFarland because he was my childhood hero and he could do no wrong in my eyes. My favorite derby player today is Will Hughes however I feel we will be forced into selling him instead of building the team around him. I have a wife, three kids (all derby fans), and i sit in the toyota stand.

So, ya Conor's dad ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am aged 49 and I regularly attend Derby home matches but have to travel a good distance to see them play as I live in Skipton, Yorkshire. I was brought up in Derbyshire however and was schooled in Wirksworth until I moved to Yorkshire at the age of 11. I sometimes pop back down to Wirksworth and visit the church, St Mary's, as it is a fine piece of architecture. My favorite Derby County of all time is Roy McFarland because he was my childhood hero and he could do no wrong in my eyes. My favorite derby player today is Will Hughes however I feel we will be forced into selling him instead of building the team around him. I have a wife, three kids (all derby fans), and i sit in the toyota stand.

Welcome. How long does it take you to get from Skipton to PP? That's not a 10 minute stroll is it?

Obviously doesnt get to PP much if he rates Conor Doyle.

The best way to tell Conor Doyle from all the impersonators is to get them to run 20 yards.

If the head wobbles from side to side then it is THE Conor Doyle.

Best thing for Conor Doyle is a loan spell at a League 1 or 2 club that will play him, never know Nigel may have tried that and had no takers.

If Doyle started ahead of a fit Sammon, Ward, Theo and Tyson the fans would be on his back after every mistake, what good would that do him?

He needs to prove himself to both Nigel and the fans at a competitive level away from Derby.

Boycie we started off on the wrong foot, why don't we just start over with a simple question: Do you think I earn 10x as much as your annual salury in a week or in a day?

Conor,you totally misunderstood,just how big our forum is,and the giant salaries awarded,to the administrators!:-)

Hard to judge him when he's not played in his 'best' position for the first team. He scores regularly for the reserves so he might be OK - but we'll never know until he plays.

I was going to suggest that Nigel might start him against Tranmere, until I realised that game is a financial 'must win' for us.

In reality his best bet is a loan spell to a Conference or League 2 club. If he he scores a few goals then he should get a few starts when he comes back. If he fails at that level then it's thank ou and goodbye Conor.

He really isn't that good.

Saw him at belper many a times and he looked very average even against a bunch of 16-19 year olds.

Clough must also rate Deeney too if he's been here what? Three? Four years nearly? madness when you have a young upcoming keeper in Morch.

Archived