Burnley v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the nobbers who think they have a right to watch 4-4-2 with Theo playing, all because they have travelled 1h 45 minutes and spent £30, don't bother turning up next time.

"We pay your wages, we want 442". Seriously? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

it made me laugh, I agreed just not enough to be a ***** and sing along with that one.

Didnt see burnley but v hull we seemed to have lost a certain sparkle by swapping hughes and bryson.

When 451 is 4231 we looked dangerous when the 3 was jacobs, hughes, and coutts but then we swapped hughes/ bryson.

Hughes playing deep is far less effective than hughes attacking.

He was playing some nice through balls and starting to shoot from the edge of the box.

Now he ends up standing next to keogh.

Seems like we see him as the new don masson.

so the supporters were moaning about the formation? i cant see how that would change anything. Clough needs a plan b for when teams close us down, which is something we are going to see more often as it works every time!

We need a target man that can head the ball AND hold the ball up AND also help defend set pieces. This kind of player is vital if you are going to nick points away from home.

so the supporters were moaning about the formation? i cant see how that would change anything. Clough needs a plan b for when teams close us down, which is something we are going to see more often as it works every time!

We need a target man that can head the ball AND hold the ball up AND also help defend set pieces. This kind of player is vital if you are going to nick points away from home.

A younger and fitter Steve Howard?

Honey, I'm hooommmmeee.

That was ****. Not one player had a good game. Ratings? 5 all around.

Chants of "We pay your wages. we want 4-4-2"? wtf. idiot fans there today. against cloughs tactics from the first THEO chants before kickoff.

4-5-1 doesn't work and it never has. Our midfield isnt capable of supporting Sammon, nevermind scoring the goals needed to win games. Utter w a n k

oh, btw...the pies are delicious! peppered steak!!! WOW!

I must have been dreaming at Bristol then.

I went i can assure you Jacobs didn't go up front. We stayed 451, and bryson went wide left and jacobs came in the centre, it was not 442! Also, tyson got ready to come on and was ready when suddenly Nigel told him to sit back down! It was an absolute joke. 451 didn't work. We got in good attacking positions all game but Sammon was isolated and looked totally useless on his own. 442 against Charlton please Cloughie

Jacobs looked to be playing just behind Sammon to me. A 4-4-1-1 formation if you like. Our best spell was after Clough made that little change. Unfortunately he went 442 and it finished the game off.

The problem isn't 451. It's how we perform with it. In the first half we were too negative. Slow approach play, time wasting and sitting back a little. I didn't and still don't understand this approach given we can't defend for toffee.

Second half we looked much better, everyone played better for the 20 or so minutes where we looked good and we had a few chances.

Formation change and a sloppy goal and its game over.

We showed at Bristol that 451 can work, our midfielders just need to perform.

Burnley play 451 at home too so it would of been daft going up there to play 442 in my opinion. We saw last Friday and for the last 20 minutes yesterday that our 4 midfielders cannot match an opposition of 5.

Pretty much first half we were rubbish no matter what formation we played.

Second half he played jacobs as a second striker in behind. We looked good at that point in the game.

Bryson was injured he had to take him off as he was being carried at left midfield.

Clough was forced to change to 442.

We conceded from a set piece, poor basics.

They sat back very deep.

Tyson and Robinson could do nothing up front in the 442 as a result and we didnt score and the game ended.

It didnt help that i got rained on all afternoon due to Burnley's stadium being so poor. And that our fans kept shouting we want 442 when we were already playing 442. well 4411. Clough could not have done any more guys, it was the players fault not tactics etc.

[size=3]Clough said: "We moved Michael Jacobs up with Conor Sammon at the start of the second half and played 4-4-2, which our [/size][url="http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Soft-goals-dismay-boss-Boxing-Day-defeat/story-17691103-detail/story.html#]'>http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Soft-goals-dismay-boss-Boxing-Day-defeat/story-17691103-detail/story.html#][size=1]

[/size][size=3] didn't realise. The team did, that was the main thing.[/size]

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Soft-goals-dismay-boss-Boxing-Day-defeat/story-17691103-detail/story.html

Burnley 2 - 0, Austin x2 - And Clough will say "we didnt deserve to lose"

Maybe got it wrong with Austin scoring both, but predicting Cloughs postmatch review of the game pretty much redeems my judgement.

Turd more to me is our bogey ground, cant remember the last time we got more than a point from there.

Archived