Burnley v Derby County

Boycie

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, my apologies, it worked once, so we should use it again.

But hey, Paul Jewell won a game once, maybe we should bring him back too.

I understand that folks have their favourite formations but I don't think some of our players are good enough to win regularly away from home, irrespective of how we line up. Of course, NC would never say that but until we have a few players who can grab hold of a difficult game by the neck, and sway it our way, I fear our away form will remain poor. There's still a fair way to go before some of them have the experience and personality to impose themselves. You can see it in a few but we're not ready yet. Younger teams tend to be inconsistent. Villa are finding that at the moment...

Recently yes, I'm sure u right as my memory is poor, but I thought we beat florist with 2 up front ?

it. was a 451 with Ward as tge advanced midfielder supporting Sammon stopping him from being isolated. A role that the others dont fill when Ward is not in the team - cloughs comments about Jacobs being pushed up at half time my be reference to this and a commebt that Jacobs had not done as asked.

451 isn't the problem. There are two problems though with OUR 451.

No midfielder gets close to Sammon. The 3 of them tend to stick close together to keep the passing distances small. Somehow it's got to all happen higher up the pitch. Clough's problem

Sammon can't trap a ball that moves. Getting forward to support him is waste of time. Him and Theo are 90% useless.

At least Theo is 10% useful.

Sammon is 10% rubbish

Archived