Skint!! Oh no we're not !!

rsmini

In todays DET

[size=3]

DERBY County have again dismissed reports that they are cash-strapped and need to sell players[/size][size=3]

There has been speculation that the club has to raise £1.8m in the new year.[/size]

This has led to talk of talented young midfielder being moved on or defender John Brayford being sold.

Hughes is being watched by the Premier League's biggest clubs, including Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City, but Derby are determined to keep hold of their highly-rated Academy product.

A report earlier this week linked Championship leaders Cardiff City with a £750,000 move for Brayford.

The right-back is another key member of Derby's team and they would need to be a rethink on the size of fee mentioned to make the story anywhere near believable.

There have been reports in recent months of the club being over-budget and of there being a need to trim the wage bill further but a senior figure on the club's board told me it was important to address the perception that the club are cash-strapped.

He said: "Going on the line of Derby County having assets and having players that other people are coveting, it is quite convenient to say 'well. of course Derby are going to need to sell because they are cash-strapped and haven't got any money'.

"Quite frankly, that is absolutely nonsense.

"Look at the facilities and the players this club has. There is absolutely no question of this club being cash-strapped.

"It is really important people realise that we will not be selling any assets cheaply because we are perceived to be cash-strapped."

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-hit-claims-need-sell-players/story-17655953-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Derby-hit-claims-need-sell-players/story-17655953-detail/story.html

Nice top see someone from the board speaking out at last

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Until the day I hear the investors say they are no longer going to finance the club, I will never believe any of these 'strapped for cash' stories.

The only thing that worries me is that the £1.8 million figure seems very specific and makes me think that the story must have come from somewhere.

Don't for a minute think we are cash strapped but maybe the investors have set a target of break even for the current season or something along them lines?

Let's be honest, are they really going to come out and say "yes, it's true we are in debt to the eyeballs"?

Good way of showing we are no push overs if anything. Brayford for 750,000 is laughable.

No but there again they don't really need to, the accounts are a public document there for all to view.

Since the last accounts I don't see anything which is going to have changed the situation drastically.

Income will have fallen but so will the wage bill at a guess.

Guys, do you not read between the lines here?????

Quote:

The right-back is another key member of Derby's team and they would need to be a rethink on the size of fee mentioned to make the story anywhere near believable.

Rethink of the size of fee...they are just saying come and get him but you will ahve to pay more...FFS open your eyes and then they say.....

Quote: "It is really important people realise that we will not be selling any assets cheaply because we are perceived to be cash-strapped."

NOT SELLING ANY ASSETS CHEAPLY...come on who they kidding and we have this guy rsmini saying " nice to see one of the board coming out and speaking at last....Again Open your eyes mate. this Sam Rush has already started if you ask me as they dont say who the guy is formt he board.

No but there again they don't really need to, the accounts are a public document there for all to view.

Since the last accounts I don't see anything which is going to have changed the situation drastically.

Income will have fallen but so will the wage bill at a guess.

Waiting for Ramblur to correct me, but wasn't the trading loss (rather than the headline figure) something like £2.2m on the last accounts?. With lower wages and lower turnover a loss for this year of c£1.8m seems entirely feasible - no one to pay off and lower player amortisation. If breakeven is the aim then that figure needing to be raised could easily be correct. It is possible that the board require either player sales or a decent cup run to balance the books.

However, I can't believe that anyone in a position to know would put that information in the hands of a journalist.

Also, as hinted at above, if the club were broke they'd deny the story, and if the club aren't broke they'd deny the story. You pays your demand based fee and takes your choice.

Quote:

Rethink of the size of fee...they are just saying come and get him but you will ahve to pay more...FFS open your eyes and then they say.....

Quote: "It is really important people realise that we will not be selling any assets cheaply because we are perceived to be cash-strapped."

NOT SELLING ANY ASSETS CHEAPLY...come on who they kidding and we have this guy rsmini saying " nice to see one of the board coming out and speaking at last....Again Open your eyes mate. this Sam Rush has already started if you ask me as they dont say who the guy is formt he board.

Maybe youre reading too much in to it.

Quote:

The top one is not a quote, it is the journalist expressing their own opinion.

The rest is nothing new, I think the club have always made it clear that every player is for sale at the right price.

The top one is not a quote, it is the journalist expressing their own opinion.

The rest is nothing new, I think the club have always made it clear that every player is for sale at the right price.

and is so with many clubs even in the prem....... my only hope is that every penny earned from sales goes back into the club as money to buy players to continue to build, doubt it will happen like that,but its my hope (well its xmas) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

The last few seasons we've tried to force the sale of a key player in the Jan transfer window, Hulse, Commons, Green, Bailey. I'm guessing that we have fairly bad cash flow problems in the second half of the season due to the high number of season ticket holders and lower amount of match by match sales. Not saying its going to happen again this year, but you never know.

Quote:

The paranoia is strong with this one, Obi-Wan

We act like Brayford is going to be sold each and every window. If he really does this one, we've done well to be honest. He's a damn fine player, although we were criticising his form not a month ago.

We also have Freeman and O'Connor behind him, and I don't think either would do too bad a job. It would be sad to lose the Brayford-Coutts partnership though.

Archived