Will Hughes

blackNwhites

He is 17 he doesnt have a position yet. He is not good enough to dictate where he should play.

When he is our best CM then he may be allowed to do the more attacking role but the physicality of the championship means if he did play more attacking he wouldnt have the strength required to keep it. Someone like Hendrick does.

Eventually Hughes will play more attacking, but at the moment at this stage of his career the best position for the team to get results in the champsionship is a bit deeper, allowing Hendrick to be more expressive recently. Which has worked as Hendrick is scoring.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumped into a Swansea scout at the match, don't think he'd be impressed with what he saw from the young man yesterday, so that's good news 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Maybe he was looking at someone else? Hendrick had a good game yesterday, would probably fit swanseas style of play.

he knocked a million off his price tag yesterday. he was walking around the pitch like a kid who hadnt got his own way.

Or a kid that was extremely frustrated with his performance?

He didn't knock anything off his price tag, he had his first awful game of his (short) professional career mainly due to Forest sticking a man on him.

Torres had many a bad game at Liverpool yet his price tag doubled. 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

£10,000,000 is a huge amount to say that Fraizer Campbell is rumoured to be going for £650,000!

With that money you could buy a good replacement for Hughes £750,000

A left back £500,000

And a goalscorer £1,750,000 (Billy Sharp)

That's a total spend of £3,000,000, and I think we'd be 4 or 5 places better off with that. Thats a total profit of £7,000,000 + the likes of Tyson, Bailey, Roberts etc should near enough balance out the wages

If we're serious about a play off push next season Clough should be able to spend 6m out of the supposed 10m. Left Back, CB, ST and a new CM.

Zaha has a degree of arrogance about him which I think may work against him. To come out and say that he's the 3rd best striker in the world was a bit embarrassing, there's strikers in the championship I'd rather have over him! He's scored 5 goals this season, hardly world class. Hughes will go on to be a better player.

I think its great that Will is still here and I also believe if he can stay injury free he will go further as an individual than Zaha. Having watched Will for a fair few games now he is the nearest player to Xabi Alonso in the football league - IMO! Ready to be shot down for the comparison, but I really think he could be that good in the future with his range of passing and time/space awareness.

I think its great that Will is still here and I also believe if he can stay injury free he will go further as an individual than Zaha. Having watched Will for a fair few games now he is the nearest player to Xabi Alonso in the football league - IMO! Ready to be shot down for the comparison, but I really think he could be that good in the future with his range of passing and time/space awareness.

Actually I think he's mega over-rated... probably the worst 17 year old on the planet... keeps falling over his own feet...

YOU HEAR THAT PREMIER LEAGUE SCOUTS? HE'S RUBBISH AND YOU NEED TO TELL YOUR BOSSES THAT...

'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

nobody can tell what's gonna be the situation in 5 years time. you cannot definativley say Hughes willbe better than Zaha or vice versa.

Whenever anyone tells me that such and such will be a star, I hear 'wheeeee' in my mind. It's a sobering thought.

Archived