Will Hughes

blackNwhites

I think its great that Will is still here and I also believe if he can stay injury free he will go further as an individual than Zaha. Having watched Will for a fair few games now he is the nearest player to Xabi Alonso in the football league - IMO! Ready to be shot down for the comparison, but I really think he could be that good in the future with his range of passing and time/space awareness.

....or he could end up like Don Masson if he keeps fannying around passing backwards and forwards to keogh.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liam bridcutt at Brighton is the closest thing to xavi alonso. He is better than Hughes at the moment but bridcutt is more of a defensive player in fairness. So the two are different types of player but bridcutt is more like xavi alonso.

Will needs a bit more strength in his legs and upper body. His shots are not powerful enough and he loses out in challenges. This isn't a critical dig at the player but they are the attributes that xavi alonso has and will doesn't.

Of course he is still only 17 and isn't that type of player in all honesty. However if he had a Paul scholes/Steven Gerrard ping ping ping cross field pass on him and a tough tackle he would be ridiculously good.

If we're talking comparisons...for me, he is closest to a younger and lesser (at the moment) version of David Silva and has some similarities to Jack Wilshere but not as imposing (yet)...

I think he's a little more mature than Wilshere (who's in grave danger of wasting his talent if he doesn't grow up soon - runs round the pitch like a spoilt schoolgirl half the time...)

Jack Wilshire is a class act i hope your joking!

not at all - he certainly has some talent and could possibly go a long way in the game, but he has problems with his temper and spends too much time whinging to referees rather than doing his job....he could do with a 'fergie' type of manager who would instil some discipline in him - but that's not going to happen with Wenger in charge....

On the subject of Jack Wilshere, he's done incredibly well to come back from a long term injury and more or less pick up from where he left off. He's a massive Arsenal fan, passion (ambition) makes you look ugly (Thom Yorke) sometimes so when Arsenal aren't doing very well it affects Wilshere as it would any fan.

Will Hughes is only 17, unless you're a freak of nature you aren't gonna be built like a brick **** house. The way he plays now is way more beneficial to him in the future than it would be if he was running around like a tank, let the physical side of his game come naturally with age. Pick up the skills now.

not at all - he certainly has some talent and could possibly go a long way in the game, but he has problems with his temper and spends too much time whinging to referees rather than doing his job....he could do with a 'fergie' type of manager who would instil some discipline in him - but that's not going to happen with Wenger in charge....

Oh so you talking about his personality and temperament on the pitch. I agree in fairness he needs to tone it down a bit. however he is an arsenal man through and through so his passion is likely to boil over more than others.

Will Hughes is not better than Jack Wilshere.

Similar sort of players, just like Hendrick is similar to Gerrard and Sammon to Drogba 'http://www.dcfcfans.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I know there are so many similarities between Sammon and Drogba

look at this...

and this the similarities are there for all to see!!

Hughes is similar to David silva for me, very unenglishlike footballer if that makes sense. Never rushed, perfect touch, perfect weight of pass, really think Hughes will play for England in the next 18 months. Surely more value than a 31yr old leon osman, should be looking to the future, rate osman highly by the way. Best loan signing I've seen at derby and improved each year as a player.

The Leeds game showed me good Hughes could be, was outstanding. Threading balls, shooting, dribbling, tackling he did everything. The longer he stays at derby the better for me, I've no doubt he'll outgrow derby eventually but lets enjoy it while it lasts. The best young player I've ever seen at derby and think he'll go a long way. Forms dipped over the last six weeks or so but I forget how young he is. (same age as the ball boy at Swansea)

Would love to think he could stay here for another 18 months. He would improve further playing week in, week out in the championship (barring a miracle). That would not only be good for him, but his value should increase also as a result. Surely if we weren't promoted by then, and probably even if we were, if he continued to shine he would have to leave, but we would receive a proper transfer fee that could make a real difference to the club in the longer term.

Will needs a rest and some performance analysis of what he is doing wrong.

it worked wonders with Hendrick.

They dropped him and when he came back into the side there was more energy about his play and he took the game to the opposition through bombing runs with the ball and strength in the tackle when without the ball.

Hughes needs a breather and then to get his confidence back for the rest of the season.

It's a joke he's playing so much. He's looked shattered for a few weeks now, yet he's still playing every match! He played mid-week too, which is ridiculously stupid.

Has he missed a game this season?

No, he's started all but two I think. I can't believe he's being played so much. He has twice the work of ANY other player. A'Levels are hard enough without having a full time job, in the spotlight. Poor man management imo.

No, he's started all but two I think. I can't believe he's being played so much. He has twice the work of ANY other player. A'Levels are hard enough without having a full time job, in the spotlight. Poor man management imo.

if his form hadn't dipped then noone would be thinking anything of the amount hes played.

Archived