Views on NC's signings as DCFC manager

jimbobram

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it funny that Derby are being compared to Millwall. Let us focus on home games. We drew against Sheff Wed and lost to Burnley. Both games we were by far the better footballing side and had the majority of possession and chances. We dropped 4 points from those two games alone which would put us in 6th above Millwall.

I find it funny that Derby are being compared to Millwall. Let us focus on home games. We drew against Sheff Wed and lost to Burnley. Both games we were by far the better footballing side and had the majority of possession and chances. We dropped 4 points from those two games alone which would put us in 6th above Millwall.

I think the reason he's comparing them is that since Millwall joined the league (in 2010) they accumulated more points on average than DCFC.. Doing that by spending less and having a similar wage budget.. They also lost a 20 goal a season striker in Steve Morrison..

I don't know how anyone can say NC has done a better job than Jackett as he hasn't.. But I'm not sure this was the original arguement anyway? People say that Millwall are only good because of their loans? Well at least they can use the loan market to improve them, as they don't have the luxury of spending $1mill plus every season on a new defender or striker.. NC has used the loan market poorly over the past few years..

But, we aren't sixth and above them so that's a different story fella...

Franco I'm a nice guy, but your always moaning whenever someone doesn't agree with you. The amount of times you've had a hissy fit cause someone said something about "pardon the pun" makes you sound like a rate cry baby.

it's my opinion, never once said clough is a bad manager or doing a bad job. Not once

I think the reason he's comparing them is that since Millwall joined the league (in 2010) they accumulated more points on average than DCFC.. Doing that by spending less and having a similar wage budget.. They also lost a 20 goal a season striker in Steve Morrison..

I don't know how anyone can say NC has done a better job than Jackett as he hasn't.. But I'm not sure this was the original arguement anyway? People say that Millwall are only good because of their loans? Well at least they can use the loan market to improve them, as they don't have the luxury of spending $1mill plus every season on a new defender or striker.. NC has used the loan market poorly over the past few years..

Hurray! Someone who speaks sense

But, we aren't sixth and above them so that's a different story fella...

Franco I'm a nice guy, but your always moaning whenever someone doesn't agree with you. The amount of times you've had a hissy fit cause someone said something about "pardon the pun" makes you sound like a rate cry baby.

it's my opinion, never once said clough is a bad manager or doing a bad job. Not once

Yes and I have my opinion which I am putting forward. Debating, the point of a forum. I'm not going to change your opinion, you're not going to change mine. I respect peoples opinions but when they slag off the club or any aspect then I'm will defend us because I'm "too pro DCFC". I mean come on you agreed with bris! That puts you in the same category as sideshowbob.

And the pardon the pun guy was annoying I'm not the only one to think so that is probably why he was banned.

For me if we need loans because we are short of players we need to sign more to boost squad numbers. And we shouldn't be signing players on season long loans unless we would realistically offer them a 3-4 year contract after the season long loan. I am not a fan of loans as you can gather. Clough obviously isn't either and I think that if you are to become sustainable and effective long term, loans are not a positive option.

Just look at our options for center back. What use would their be in bringing in an old center back every two seasons when we have several young center backs who have massive potential. Yes it takes a couple of seasons to get them up to a certain standard but the aim is to have them playing for us as long as possible. I look at some players in our squad and think how great it would be to have them at Derby for at least 5 years. Who was the last Derby player to make 250 league apps for us?

I find it funny because if certain people were Chairman their approach would be exactly like that of Roman's. There are probably people saying on the Blackburn forums, look at Derby their above us yet we spent £7m on a striker and Derby spent approx £2m on their entire strike force.

In relation to Millwall's loans, ie Woods. I'm merely pointing out that along with Palace they're this seasons surprise package, there's a couple every season who buck the opinions pre season predictions by so called experts. (Weren't we, the great and fabulous Derby County tipped to go down last season???) This has been underpinned by Woods' very good form, despite a good reputation who would've predicted he'd have such a big impact. I stand by my argument that The Lion's form will dip if they don't secure an extention to his loan deal...

Yes Nigel has used the loan market poorly in the past which is more than likely the reason why he's avoided it like the plague this season. I'd always rather see perminent signings compared to loans unless you're able to bring in a very talented player, on good terms and who you couldn't normally hope of signing. Bueno being a prime example. A couple of seasons ago everyone was up in arms because we had to use the loan market so much, now you're moaning that he isn't using it enough... Are you never happy??

Hang on, I've just remembered who I'm replying to, of course you're not happy...

Kenny Jackett bought Theo for £300k and sold to him to us for £150k. He is now worth three times that.So, therefore NC is better than Jackett in the transfer market. Just extending your thinking Gc.

By the same theory Aberdeen sold us maguire for how much? 400/500k? And how much did nc sell him to weds for? A tenner? And Theo couldn't settle in London so millwall desperately needed to sell, hence the small fee we paid.

By the same theory Aberdeen sold us maguire for how much? 400/500k? And how much did nc sell him to weds for? A tenner? And Theo couldn't settle in London so millwall desperately needed to sell, hence the small fee we paid.

I'm glad you agree with me that your thesis is flawed.

The Maguire transfer in and out was undisclosed, but the rumour is we pretty much broke even...

Yeah it must be mate, it must be.

Anything negative re clough/ dcfc is flawed to most supporters. I'll just let the attendances do the talking..

Seeing as you haven't figured out how to use the Quote button I don't know if that sarcastic remark is pointed towards me or not...

I don't pretend the club & Nigel are perfect but it's no where near the shambles the like of you & Bris make it out to be...

Archived