Views on NC's signings as DCFC manager

jimbobram

Yeah cause the Irish league is proper full of quality ain't it mate and the spl is the equlient of league one.

How how many of those premiership appearances you listed did sammon come on as a sub?

35 games and 1 goal, Great ratio.

Jones learning his trade from fergie, scholes, Keane compared to sammon being rejected by Derry, having A good season in a poor Scottish league, playing half a dozen games with thee amazing Franco di santo and now being worth 1.2m.

And who of the two players is currently still playing their trade in the premiership?

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah cause the Irish league is proper full of quality ain't it mate and the spl is the equlient of league one.

How how many of those premiership appearances you listed did sammon come on as a sub?

Jones learning his trade from fergie, scholes, Keane compared to sammon being rejected by Derry, having A good season in a poor Scottish league, playing half a dozen games with thee amazing Franco di santo and now being worth 1.2m.

jones playing with scholes and keane will have nothing to do with what we paid for him.

the quality of a league doesn't necessarily mean all players in that league are crap.

there is more to sammon's play than goals he brings other players into the game. he may score more goals by the end of the year and justify his price tag. why are you so hell bent are saying sammon is a waste of money? we won't know until he leaves and for all we know he could score us the goal to win us promotion.

it's already been said clough has made good and bad signings but no signing is an awful signing for example chelsea's signing of shevchenko, eric djemba-djemba robert earnshaw kenny miller or ravenelli.

Croft - Terrible, just terrible

Moxey - Did a job, even played as a striker once, ultimately left for more than he cost us

Pringle - A development squad player, where's the list of failed youth players?

Hendrie - Came as a part exchange for Stewart, poor signing though

Martin - Didn't fit, but cheap

Doyle - Another youth player, how deep does the rabbit hole go?

Bavies - Was an assist machine early last season, didn't cost all that much, but is worth a solid impact here and there

Porter - Injuries ruined him, he wasn't a poor signing

Maguire - Didn't fit in, got most of his fee back, still poor though

Russell Anderson - Did his job and ultimately did what he needed, him being included in lists of poor signings only shows how few examples they really are

So basically:

Croft

Hendrie

Martin

Maguire

From 8 transfer windows...

...if offered that when Nigel arrived I would have taken it on sight and run off laughing!

So you believe the 400,000 fee we paid Aberedeen was well warranted?

And 400k on porter only for him to be released two years later? That's money well spent.

Personally think 375k for Ben Davies was ridiculous. He hasn't set the world alight, he was fast approaching 30 at the time and he was past his best. Why not save the money for a rainy day?

Maguire and porter terrible signings, nobody can seriously argue against that. Porter scored a fair amount for Motherwell, but there was plenty of players doing the business in league one who'd be worth a pun; lambert at the time was there for the taking!

That's 800k and that's without Martin, Croft, Hendrie, Deeney, Doyle...

Never said he did bad in the market, but nowhere near as great as some are saying.

And who of the two players is currently still playing their trade in the premiership?

Franco Di Santo - Learned his trade (by your logic) from Drogba, Shevchenko and Anelka - cost Wigan £2 mil

Also, how is the league they come from any indication of their quality? Players come form all sorts of backgrounds. Drogba spent much of his youth career in the French non-league, yet scored 100 Premier League goals. Henry also started his career in the French non leagues, whilst Teddy Sheringham started his career in our own (from my knowledge).

Please, be consistent.

So you believe the 400,000 fee we paid Aberedeen was well warranted?

And 400k on porter only for him to be released two years later? That's money well spent.

Personally think 375k for Ben Davies was ridiculous. He hasn't set the world alight, he was fast approaching 30 at the time and he was past his best. Why not save the money for a rainy day?

Maguire and porter terrible signings, nobody can seriously argue against that. Porter scored a fair amount for Motherwell, but there was plenty of players doing the business in league one who'd be worth a pun; lambert at the time was there for the taking!

That's 800k and that's without Martin, Croft, Hendrie, Deeney, Doyle...

Never said he did bad in the market, but nowhere near as great as some are saying.

Talented young footballer who was scoring? Why not? Ultimately we got most of that back from the Wendies, who aren't playing him either from what I can see. He may have an attitude problem which is holding him back, which would be unfortunate as he seems to have some talent.

If it was a general question, what was the answer, was I right or wrong?

You seem to think I only ask questions when I already know the answer. That would be quite dull. Still waiting for you to prove/evaluate any of your suggestions.

Jake Buxton - average defender, only raved about cause of the goal vs florist

Shaun Barker - injured, but we still was in a relegation battle with him in the side.

John Brayford - good signing

Gareth Roberts - retiring soon, theres much better out there than a 34 yr old

Jamie Ward - good player...when fit

Theo Robinson - the same theo 75% of supporters slate after each game?

Jason Shackell - nothing specal, still leaked goals in for fun in defence

Frank Fielding - currently sat on the bench playing second fiddle to a league two signing

Craig Bryson - good signing

Michael Jacobs - good signing

Paul Coutts - average, a 17 year old kid is showing him up

Richard Keogh - good signing

Connor Sammon - for the fee paid, you could get the equivalent of three le fondres....

And they're the best signing? Fook me, whats the worse?!

I'm not sure what the smallest fraction in the world is, but that's how full your glass is.

I'm not sure what the smallest fraction in the world is, but that's how full your glass is.

If you define k as a real number and have it approaching zero you can define the fraction 1/k to be the smallest real number in standard mathematics.

What's all this consistent crap? I said clough has done average in the market, I've shown we loss a fair amount with the signings of maguire, Martin and porter. How am I being inconsistent with my argument? Your too pro dcfc mate, like most on here.

Training with drogba? Yeah one of the worlds best, clearly di santo didn't learn a great deal because he's garbage.

All I'm saying is sammon doesn't warrant a fee of 1.2 million soley for a few months at Wigan.

What's all this consistent crap? I said clough has done average in the market, I've shown we loss a fair amount with the signings of maguire, Martin and porter. How am I being inconsistent with my argument? Your too pro dcfc mate, like most on here.

Training with drogba? Yeah one of the worlds best, clearly di santo didn't learn a great deal because he's garbage.

All I'm saying is sammon doesn't warrant a fee of 1.2 million soley for a few months at Wigan.

how can you support your team too much? what kind of fan are you?

...so wait, Jones, who's now clining onto a place at Wigan clearly learned from the best, but Di Santo, who signed for far more than Jones is clearly rubbish. Please, please, read your posts, you'll see the inconsistencies in the logic.

Sammon was at Wigan for more than "a few months" by the way.

You've also shown literally nothing. Please quote where you showed:

- "we loss a fair amount with the signings of maguire"

- "Martin"

Then explain why Porter was the club's fault. I'm all ears (well, eyes, as I'll be reading your post).

I'm pretty sure Sammon cost £600k rising to £1.2m

Not to be a *****, but...

...source?

...so wait, Jones, who's now clining onto a place at Wigan clearly learned from the best, but Di Santo, who signed for far more than Jones is clearly rubbish. Please, please, read your posts, you'll see the inconsistencies in the logic.

Sammon was at Wigan for more than "a few months" by the way.

You've also shown literally nothing. Please quote where you showed:

- "we loss a fair amount with the signings of maguire"

- "Martin"

Then explain why Porter was the club's fault. I'm all ears (well, eyes, as I'll be reading your post).

Not to be a *****, but...

...source?

HP

how can you support your team too much? what kind of fan are you?

Wow, I didn't get what he meant there:

"Your too pro dcfc mate"

It makes sense in retrospect, but it was complete gibberish the first time I saw it. Firstly, "your" should be "you're", as it is meant to be "you are", not the second person possessive. Secondly, pro can have many meanings and is ambiguous. I guess it makes sense though... Without him showing how people are "too pro" though, the statement has literally no meaning.

Archived