Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

I ask you this - what message does this apathy send to your players? Leicester took nearly a thousand to Southampton last season on a Monday night. This was the Southampton who were flying at the time. Nobody expected a win, and it was on TV.

Only signed up to this Rams forum (I post elsewhere 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> ) to view the match day chat but this "my cocks bigger than your cock" bull needed amending...

I never knew 592 was 'nearly a thousand'. Additionally, those 'thousand' fans also received a free scarf, free pint and free pie for attending - swelled the numbers?

Half the Leicester fans I know (used to live there) actually, and this is true, support someone else as well despite being season-ticket holders at the KP. Normally Liverpool or Arsenal but they will buy the shirtof whoever is doing alright in the PL. This isn't meant to be a WUM post, but more to signify that Derby is a football town whereas Leicester isn't. That's the difference in my opinion.

I could add many more tales of the Leicester fans thinking everyone cares about Leicester but I won't for fear of inciting more poor 'wummery' from them. Just come back when you sell out the home end for ANY game (of football) and tell us our support is **** - the record attendance at your ground is for the egg chasers....

Anyway Leicester, youve given us our 5 minutes of entertainment and I'm sure you'll beat us tomorrow and get your own then. For the record, I'm not going. Circa £50 day out and having to take a day off work would leave me out of pocket significantly due to decreased wages etc. I'll watch it on the box thanks.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we might just win this, stranger things have happened, I can remember seeing one

of the most amazing goals against the foxes, by Branko Strupar. From a freekick, the ball never

touched the ground and he connected with a rocket from about 20 yards out, I seem to

remember we lost 4-3. If we do win it will probably be a 0-1 with a lucky goal by tyson.

So it's the big day today, the fixture we've all been waiting for. Our stomachs are already turning, our hearts pumping, and our foreheads lined with sweat.

Just 8 hours to kick off now - 8 hours until the whole of the East Midlands grinds to a halt on Derby day.

Half the Leicester fans I know (used to live there) actually, and this is true, support someone else as well despite being season-ticket holders at the KP. Normally Liverpool or Arsenal but they will buy the shirtof whoever is doing alright in the PL. This isn't meant to be a WUM post, but more to signify that Derby is a football town whereas Leicester isn't. That's the difference in my opinion.

I could add many more tales of the Leicester fans thinking everyone cares about Leicester but I won't for fear of inciting more poor 'wummery' from them. Just come back when you sell out the home end for ANY game (of football) and tell us our support is **** - the record attendance at your ground is for the egg chasers....

Been watching this quietly from the sidelines. Just for the record, I often check out other teams forums before a game just to gauge the mindset of the opposition. I can't remember joining a forum to join in before though, so that 'honour' is Derby's alone.

I think you are dead wrong about Leicester being a rugby town. I was born in the city and have lived there for more years than I have anywhere else, and I have hardly ever met a Tigers fan from Leicester. Since I have moved to the West Midlands I have met far more Tigers fans. I always used to wonder where Tigers got their good attendances from and now I think I know.

Just about everybody I know in Leicester is either a City fan or not interested in football. There are the odd glory boys but these do not support Leicester as well. They also get a fair amount of abuse for their fair amount of treachery.

The reason Tigers got that good attendance is because there was no segregation for a rugby match. Leicester have sold out the stadium on many occasions but attendances are down at the moment and we haven't done it for a while. I can only blame the recession. And for the record, the record attendance at the stadium is now for Leicester v Real Madrid.

The bottom line? I think a far better tactic for winding Leicester fans up is to say Leicester is a rugby town. It annoys me because it isn't true. The 'I don't care' thing doesn't wind me up that much because I tend not to believe it or to not care that much about whether Derby care about Leicester. It also sounds like you nicked the line from Forest!

I do sincerely hope for better things for Derby though. Let's hope things pick up.

Just not starting today!

There are two arguments going on here. One about whether Derby fans care our not about Leicester. The other about the poor away support today. Clearly you don't care which is fine by me but still doesn't excuse the pathetic away support against a club so geographically close. I made a comparison with our Southampton game because it highlights the attitude the two clubs fans have towards supporting the boys away from home. I will east a boot of humble pie and admit that I didn't mention Derby having a consistently bigger home crowd than Leicester, so your poor away support is even more puzzling.

For the record I always look on other clubs boards in the run up to our game against them, and for me, Leicester's main rivalry would be Leeds and Chelsea, but that goes back to the 70's and 80's and is probably to do with things off the pitch rather than on it. They are just the games I look forward to most and have always taken great satisfaction from if we win. They would be followed by Forest. Derby sit alongside Coventry and Peterborough.

To continue the comparisons though, when was the last time we won at Forest? Yet we took 8000 there in the cup last season. This isn't childish bragging. I just wonder again why only 800 tickets sold for today. The excuses given just don't wash with me I'm afraid.

Anyway I hope those of you who do come have a good evening out buy I still expect us to win.

..................."We've lost that lovin feelin.........wooh, that lovin feelin..............we've lost that lovin feelin now it's gone gone gone wooooh"

(Mind you we took about 9k to Barnsley for a league game a couple of seasons ago) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

This thread's just a massive roundabout.

Derby's away support is ****.

Yes we know.

Derby's away support is [insert different word]

Yes we know.

Derby's away support is [another different word]

Yes we know.

Then there's all this "You should be embarrassed". Biggest load of **** I've ever read. There's alot more to life than how many away fans go to the game.. like the game for a start! If people are that bothered about signing up to another teams forum to tell their fans what they already know then you need a long, hard look at your life and what you could be doing better with your time.

It's hardly news, we only brought over a 1000 a few years back on valentines day, we only took 1500 last year.

Go worry about your own attendances and not others you sad *******. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Enjoy the game, you'll probably smash us.

Still, I go in hope of a surprise more than anything. Come on you Rams.

I'm off to the game in a minute. Going to visit my mom then have a walk around Leicester City centre as I don't get to go there very often, living in the West Mids.

Believe it or not, I'm not trying to wind you up. I just found your comments puzzling. I think it's a shame this game isn't as intense as the ones in the 90s. I used to love going away to the BBG and I thoroughly enjoyed the games, whether we won or lost.

Without wanting to brag, I think you are almost making up excuses for losing and preparing yourselves for it before the game has kicked off. This is why you are pretending not to be bothered.

I think Derby deserve better. I hope things pick up for you (but not at our expense) and we can have some games which mean something in the not too distant future.

Good luck for the season...although obviously not today!

Without wanting to brag, I think you are almost making up excuses for losing and preparing yourselves for it before the game has kicked off. This is why you are pretending not to be bothered.

Leicester City home record - W7 D1 L1. F20 A6

Derby County away record - W2 D2 L5 F7 A15

Leicester have scored in every home game so far.

Leicester have conceded the second least amount of home goals, with a clean sheet 42% of the time.

Derby have scored the second least amount of away goals, failing to score 44% of the time.

Leicester have the 2nd best home record in the Championship.

Derby the 6th worst away record in the Championship.

Are we missing something you aren't?!

We'll be lucky to score nevermind win. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> If we were at home I'd seriously fancy our chances but after watching most of our away games this year I can safely say we won't get a result unless how we play away from home changes!

Excuse making or being realistic?

I really hope we can snatch a result, it's hardly the impossible but very unlikely.

Archived