The Next Nine Games

Catch 23

So, moving on from the Palace defeat. It's always better to look ahead rather than dwelling on a particular result, and while it's on my mind (and while I've got a day off work to kill) I thought I'd look to the next nine games. I picked nine because that takes us into the new year and up to the FA Cup break. We seem to have settled into a predictable pattern of losing away and winning at home after two months of unpredictable results, but the next month or so could get interesting (or not, it's hard to predict 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' /> ).

Birmingham (W) think we'll win this one, Brum are looking very ordinary atm

Cardiff (D) Cardiff have only won two away games this season, so we could get something from it, but they are a constant thorn in our side and seem to beat us even when playing badly. Hence the rather conservative prediction.

Leicester (L) Can't see us getting much from this, but I soooo want to beat them (*looks for YouTube clip of Kevin Keegan wearing novelty oversized headphones*)

Leeds (W) Easy three pointer, seeing as we always beat them

Bristol City (W) If they continue losing they'll be for the taking, and even if it's only by one goal we should win this one.

Hull (D) A home game, but they are a good side in good form. Reckon we'll snatch a point though.

Burnley (L) An away game on Boxing Day? Don't fancy getting much from it tbh.

Charlton (D) They're slowing picking up points and confidence, however their home form is not up to scratch.

Middlesbrough (W) Hell, why not?

So 4 wins, 3 draws and 2 defeats should leave us top half going into the FA Cup break.

What do you fink?!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham (D) 1-1 Marlon king is on form and will score a goal out of nothing even though we have dominated

Cardiff (W) Suprising Win inwhich we Play really well 3-0

Leicester (D) They will Dominate the whole game be leading 1-0 and then we will nick a goal 90+ mins

Leeds (D) Alot of drama. Probably a sending off however 0-0

Bristol City (D) We will be winning comfortably and Steve davies will haunt us with their goals 2-2

Hull (D) A home game, but they are a good side in good form. Reckon we'll snatch a point though.

Burnley (W) Clough felt his side should have won our home game so he will be desperate to beat them

Charlton (W) We should be in a bit of form going into this game and will be too strong see it as a 4-1

Middlesbrough (L) Coming into this match.They will be top and looking good.

3 wins 5 draws 1 lost = 14 points

I think that loosing 2 games in a row will shock the players and we normally have a good Christmas.But even though that 14 points sounds good i think some of games we will be lucky and the ones we loose we should have won.

Brum - D.

Cardiff - L

Leicester - L

Leeds - W

Bristol City - W (an away win!!!! OMG!)

Hull - L

Burnley - D

Charlton - L (purely because we're away)

Boro - W

Can't bet on anything though. All you can look at is Brum and Cardiff really. All the rest might hit good or bad runs. Like Ambitous said "Form is King".

I wouldn't be so negative if we had been playing our best recently and if we could compete more often away.

It'd be nice to think we'll manage 10 shots on target in the next 3 away games.

Doesn't work out as planned - form is king in this division.

I would say 15 points from 9 games is an achievable bench mark, but should also have us a little higher than top half.

9 games so one fifth of the fixtures. We'll probably end up with about 65 points so 13 points from 9 would be average - and boy, are we average 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I'll go for W 2 D 4 L 3

All 2 wins at home.. Plus 2 Draws and 1 Loss.. 2 wins against Leeds and Brum.. A draw at home to Boro.. Losses at home to Cardiff and Hull

On the road 2 draws and 2 losses.. Our away records at Bristol City, Burnley, Charlton and Leicester is poor.. I think we'll get rolled over by Leicester, lose at Burnley, scrape a draw at Charlton and another unlucky draw despite being the better side at Bristol City..

I'll go for W 2 D 4 L 3

All 2 wins at home.. Plus 2 Draws and 1 Loss.. 2 wins against Leeds and Brum.. A draw at home to Boro.. Losses at home to Cardiff and Hull

On the road 2 draws and 2 losses.. Our away records at Bristol City, Burnley, Charlton and Leicester is poor.. I think we'll get rolled over by Leicester, lose at Burnley, scrape a draw at Charlton and another unlucky draw despite being the better side at Bristol City..

You're wrong

Well one down, 8 or 28 to go...

With Ward hopefully back soon, Bennett making a return, Sammon netting, Theo being Theo and Tyson looking better I'm starting to wonder what Nigel's gonna do strikers wise.

January is going to be crucial, if we off load the unwanted, make some general improvements and get a decent reliable signing, we could be there or there abouts.

In the famous words of B4, what does everyone else think?

Archived