Why play Buxton over O,Connor

Curtains

Your missing the point O,Connor had the shirt and was dropped for no apparent reason as was Theo.

Theo was dire against Millwall, I wouldn't have started either Sammon or him based on Millwall. Today he wasn't much better, missed a good chance with a header today and blazed over when he should have played in Tyson.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your missing the point O,Connor had the shirt and was dropped for no apparent reason as was Theo.

Its already been said bucko played because their stikers were more physical and jacobs came in for theo to give us more men in midfield to crowd them out. Its not hard to figure out.

And its o'connor not o,connor

Its about time he played neither and gave Gjokaj some time. Looks pretty tidy from what I've seen.

[size=2](does wonders on FM too..) 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />[/size]

[size=4]Sammon can be dropped too, but he seems invincible in Clough's eyes. Roll on Wardy's return from injury.[/size]

Buxton is a Fans Favourite because he try's hard.We know him as a big guy who tackles and hoofs clear.Now we have started playing from the back with keogh who have to say looks very good he isnt techinally good enough and with this high intense training to have everyones fitness up to bryson's stanard because we press for 90 mins has made him skinny i looked at a video on rams player and he looks fit now but that means hes lost his old physical presence which was all he had.I like bucko great lad but to go forward OB should have that N05 shirt and Bucko should be a squad player who does a job when called upon which he does.

The reason you never here him moan or why he is so humble is because he knows that he is lucky as if he didnt know nigel he would have never of come here.Atm with Barker out OB not match fit and Valetine just settling.O connor is the choice clone of roberts steady rarely makes critical mistakes

Buxton is a Fans Favourite because he try's hard.We know him as a big guy who tackles and hoofs clear.Now we have started playing from the back with keogh who have to say looks very good he isnt techinally good enough and with this high intense training to have everyones fitness up to bryson's stanard because we press for 90 mins has made him skinny i looked at a video on rams player and he looks fit now but that means hes lost his old physical presence which was all he had.I like bucko great lad but to go forward OB should have that N05 shirt and Bucko should be a squad player who does a job when called upon which he does.

The reason you never here him moan or why he is so humble is because he knows that he is lucky as if he didnt know nigel he would have never of come here.Atm with Barker out OB not match fit and Valetine just settling.O connor is the choice clone of roberts steady rarely makes critical mistakes

You not only have access to club accounts that aren't published yet, have in-depth insider knowledge of the club transfers, you now have access to 1st team training and the managers office! Something sells fishy here.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

If you save your game and come back into the real world, that'll be great.

Yeah, am gonna have to say, you always try and come across as though you have a in-depth knowledge of what you consider facts. Now don't get me wrong, you're probably a clever lad, but you need to distinguish between fact and opinion. I don't know what to say to you half the time. You sound ludicrous, but because you've stated it as a fact, I feel I'm missing something. Now I can tell you've not been to university (yet?) because at uni they teach you how to harvard reference- always backing up your words with evidence...but I am yet to see any evidence of these statements you keep making!

Btw, I'm not having a rant, just it's annoying me how you come across.

Yeah, am gonna have to say, you always try and come across as though you have a in-depth knowledge of what you consider facts. Now don't get me wrong, you're probably a clever lad, but you need to distinguish between fact and opinion. I don't know what to say to you half the time. You sound ludicrous, but because you've stated it as a fact, I feel I'm missing something. Now I can tell you've not been to university (yet?) because at uni they teach you how to harvard reference- always backing up your words with evidence...but I am yet to see any evidence of these statements you keep making!

Btw, I'm not having a rant, just it's annoying me how you come across.

The evidence is the game we just played.(Cmon its not hard)

I'd love for us to be able to spend some money on 2 or 3 players in January, but I can't see that happening. I think we're stuck with Bucko or O'Connor until then, but it could be worse.

Bucko always has some great games, and is perfect for playing e.g. Millwall away, as they have two big CF's. While O'Connor is good with Keogh in e.g a home game against a lightweight Blackpool side who's main attacking threats are 2 wingers.

You can't really compare the stats of the 2 because O'Connor has played a number of games at LB, where he was absolute toss. All of Buxtons games are at CB.

Why do we need 2 CB's who are excellent at distribution, just keep giving the ball to Keogh to play it out?

1 big hard bloke and 1 distirbutor.

Sadly barker and keogh would have made a great pair in my opinion but I think you have to look at it as we are playing 2 different types of CB

Barker>OB>Buxton

Keogh>O'Connor

In my opinion

To get better we need another good centre half to play with keogh. Bucko, o,Connor and OB are average at best. Sadly that would cost money and we don't seen to spend much, mind you we also could do with a few other positions as well. For mye bucko is the best of the 3 and that shows where our squad is at, I just hope keogh stays fit

The evidence is the game we just played.(Cmon its not hard)

Like in my earlier post, how do you know that Clough and his staff have "now we have started...with this high intense training to have everyones fintess upto bryson's stanard."?

In another thread, you state the clubs finances, club value etc with figures that aren't published and figures for this year when the accountants wouldn't have started doing them yet!

You stated as fact that Oldham have a 100k transfer fee clause for Croft at the end of the season, when he'll be out of contract so free to move and it's highly unlikely he'll get a new contract from us.

How you can get all of this from the Crystal Palace game I have no idea. You say its not hard, can you show me where the club accountant, manager, secretary, finance director, coaches, Oldham officials were on the pitch yesterday making all these things blatant to you, and you only?

As has been already mentioned, you need to reference your sources of information. This guide from Anglia Ruskin university is great. [url=http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm]http://libweb.anglia...ing/harvard.htm I think you should give it a read.

Archived