Will Hughes

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instinct. Pure instinct.

Wouldn't it be great if we could keep up with him and build a team around him.

Worth every penny to watch.

Loved watching him Saturday, that's what you pay your money for, players who get you out your seat.

The hook tackle in the first half and the run in the second had me drooling.

If Clough plays him out on the left again he wants shooting. Players like Bryson who run all day are 10-a-penny.

I love the way he makes a yard for himself, and the way he disguises his passes, lovely stuff, shame we haven't the players around him to make proper use of it, which will lead to him leaving in the end, and the money of course.

Might even go to a few games now.

Amazing video, more skill in that 7 mins video than we've produced in all the matches since around the time the Bald Eagle flew the nest.

Let's leave all these conversations of how much we would sell him for etc etc. Transfer fees have nothing to do how good a player is. Price and quality are totally different. The valuation of my car is the same as a iphone but it's way better.

If City and Chelsea are in a bidding war for Hughes he could go for 100 million. If no one is prepared to take a punt and he wants to leave, we might get 250k from Leicester. He's still the same quality either way.

Let's spend a bit of cash in Jan and go for a promotion push.

Amazing video, more skill in that 7 mins video than we've produced in all the matches since around the time the Bald Eagle flew the nest.

Let's leave all these conversations of how much we would sell him for etc etc. Transfer fees have nothing to do how good a player is. Price and quality are totally different. The valuation of my car is the same as a iphone but it's way better.

If City and Chelsea are in a bidding war for Hughes he could go for 100 million. If no one is prepared to take a punt and he wants to leave, we might get 250k from Leicester. He's still the same quality either way.

Let's spend a bit of cash in Jan and go for a promotion push.

Did you completely miss the George Burley era?

Tell me about it.. I don't rate our football but I've seen plenty worse this season from other sides.. Birmingham were feckin dire

Watford especially when they came to our place! We play good attacking football at home just not the silky Barcelona passing you like. Shame only Barcelona are any good at it really.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

We've made decent strides this season - Clough's finally got the width he's been striving for (oo-er, missus) and he's finally plucked up the courage to play Will in the middle of a 4-man very attack-minded midfield. I was a bit wary on Saturday with the Hendrick-Hughes pairing, but together they were a revelation. Hendrick's energy gave Will the space in which to operate, and he just grew into the game to the point that he dominated.

I'm not going to be drawn too much on the 'Everyone v Bris Vegas' duel over the value of Hughes other than to say this:

Hughes is priceless to us at the moment. So far, Clough has displayed a happy knack of selling players and buying a better replacement for less money (let's leave Champions League hero KFC out of this argument) and probably persuading them to join the club for a lower salary to boot, but despite Bris Vegas arguing passionately for the' thousands of better players in Spain', I very much doubt that this time Clough would be able to replace Will with 'cheaper but better'.

My first season ticket was in 1966 - and I've never seen a better player for Derby at Will's age - or even two years older. At the moment though, it's MAINLY potential - but he's clearly good enough (and better than most) for the Championship already. Just so long as he doesn't shout 'whee' when walking past a Stoke player, he'll be fine.

Payback time for long suffering fans who've had to endure a long period of mediocrity.Keep Hughes as the new measure for maximising attendances.

Archived